HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Colorado 3, Flames 2 (OT)

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Miikka Kiprusoff 4 18.18%
Dustin Boyd 2 9.09%
Robyn Regehr 2 9.09%
Matthew Lombardi 5 22.73%
Kristian Huselius 1 4.55%
Craig Conroy 1 4.55%
Other - please specify 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Colorado 3, Flames 2 (OT)

All post-game talk, discussions and stats go here.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Pockets16

refs won the game for colorado.. how the hell do you not call that obvious dive by Liles?

Pockets16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 11:43 PM
DownInFlames

Dustin Boyd for the win. The guy was dangerous all night. Honerable mention to Matthew Lombardi. He played great.

The Refs = The Suck. Refs blew this one for us. We deserved those two points. But ah well we still got a huge point tonight.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Pockets16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Liles embelished it big time, but regardless, it was still a pretty irresponsible play by Iginla, especially in OT.
Oh i agree it was a bad play by Iggy, just frustrated that he was the only one to get the penalty on that play when you'd have to be blind not to see that Liles flopped.. oh well atleast the Wild lost

Pockets16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Resolute

Referees are cowards. Always have been, always will be. They almost NEVER have the courage to call a dive a dive, even when it is as blatantly obvious as that. If you are lucky, they will have the stones to call both. Usually, we see what happened tonight. It's the safe call in the NHL's eyes.

Tonight's MVP was the referees. Just handed Colorado two points they did not earn on a silver f'ing platter.

That is now a six point swing between the two teams directly resulting from the incompetence of the referees. Does the NHL want Colorado in the playoffs or what?

Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
abracanada

The Avs definitely had the zebra edge on the evening. So much for the Refs not wanting to influence the outcome. They ignored several Av infractions and called the Flames at vulnerable times. This is the crap that tempts me to give up watching the game.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Skyguard

Quote:
Liles embelished it big time, but regardless, it was still a pretty irresponsible play by Iginla, especially in OT.
how was it irresponsible of Iginla?? what was his "crime"... being on the ice? I was actually at that game and it happened directly in front of me. There should not have been a call. Iginla was about 3 or 4 feet away from him when Liles DOVE... there's a penalty in the rulebook for diving... too bad refs hardly ever call it any more. GTG and GWG were both scored on PPs that were based upon a poor call by the ref.

There was beer thrown everywhere and junk thrown on the ice. They played ballet music and showed the replay over and over again (about 4-5 times)... there should not have been a call. I watched Iginla go over to the ref and have words with him after the PP goal was scored in OT. Really poor call by the ref.

Maybe next time you comment on something you should actually have witnessed it.

Skyguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:00 AM
HellsBells

Three Stars:
1) Referee #1
2) Referee #2
3) JM Liles ballerina coach

HellsBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Skyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Dustin Boyd for the win. The guy was dangerous all night. Honerable mention to Matthew Lombardi. He played great.

The Refs = The Suck. Refs blew this one for us. We deserved those two points. But ah well we still got a huge point tonight.
Lombardi played not bad.. yes his feet were moving and he skated his butt off... but he missed the net numerous times by a country mile. I will give him an "A" for effort, but boy does that kid need to work on his shooting accuracy.

Old
02-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Skyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
...the incompetence of the referees. Does the NHL want Colorado in the playoffs or what?
yep... welcome to Gary Bettman's new NHL.

Old
02-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Skyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
This is the crap that tempts me to give up watching the game.
me too... honestly... when the Flames take a bad penalty - I will can guarantee I will be the first to admit it... the call on Iginla was just pure crapola though. Man I am furious... that should have been a pretty decent game - even if the Flames had lost in OT I would have said oh well... they played pretty good... but to lose on a bad call by the refs is just sheer brutal refereeing.

Old
02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Skyguard

Quote:
Dude, relax! I'm not saying it was a good call. It was a dive and definitely a bad call. It seemed to me that Iginla was a bit careless with his stick, and Liles took advantage of it with a dive. All I was saying is that Iginla should have been more careful in order to avoid giving the ref any reason to call a penalty. However, after watching the replay again on the Score, you're right, Iginla barely touched him.
hehe -- ok --- I'm slightly calmer now... sorry if I got a little too upset with you there buddy... I was so angry after that game tonight. I had a perfect view of that (I was directly behind Kipper about 11 rows up from the glass and I had a clear line of sight to what happened... too bad the ref did not).

Old
02-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Grannys

I cant believe we lost this one!!!!! The team owned the first 2 periods, I was so exited with the way they controlled the puck in the offensive zone. I cant believe we lost!!!

I gave my MVP to Conroy for all the faceoffs he won. That is sorely needed on this team and I hope Conroy continues his magic.

Colorado=I cant wait for them to fall of the face of the earth!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:32 AM
debil

Phuck that. Again colorado, if it was another team i wouldnt complain but those avs has had so much luck against us this season.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
That loss hurts a lot, cause we were the better team and outplayed them for most parts of the game. Unfortunately the Avs got the PP going at the worst possible time from a Flames' perspective, but to be honest most of our wins from our winning streak last week were comparable to the Avs' one last night.
It was a tough decision to whom I should give my vote for MVP, but in the end I decided to make a case for Huselius, who displayed a strong effort last night, was really dedicated, but couldn't get the monkey off his back on some great chances. Nevertheless, I liked, what I saw from him and hope that he'll end his scoring drought in the next game.
HM go to Matthew Lombardi, who had a good game last night and showed some great plays.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:24 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
You know crap happens, you just have to hope that over the long run it all evens out. It's great fun to boo the refs though i must say

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:01 AM
debil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
You know crap happens, you just have to hope that over the long run it all evens out. It's great fun to boo the refs though i must say
actually it did since we won san jose, dallas, detroit, minnesota games when we were kind of outplayed. i'm just pissed off because it was again colorado who got undeserved win against us.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:18 AM
sync
BECAUSE...REASONS!!!

watched the flames/avs game last night.

that dive was absolute ********.

i couldn't believe liles didn't go off for that.

sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguard View Post
Lombardi played not bad.. yes his feet were moving and he skated his butt off... but he missed the net numerous times by a country mile. I will give him an "A" for effort, but boy does that kid need to work on his shooting accuracy.
No kidding, we have far too many issues hitting the net, with Lombardi always leading the charge...no wonder why we always get out-shot.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
The Flames should have wrapped the game up but lately they've won games they shouldn't have so it's ok I guess. Lombardi, Boyd and Regehr really stood out. Nice to see Boyd get more minutes and some pp time. The call on Iggy was terrible but I thoroughly enjoyed the humiliation the refs endured when they replayed it 10 times on the jumbotron to the theme of Swan Lake! The refs standing there together watching it was great!

And I love that people that constantly rip Phaneuf for being a coward. They'd love him on their team. And how can you say he doesn't fight? If he suppose to drop them with every marginal goon that wants to fight him? We'd be losing our top defenseman for 5 minutes a game while the other team's player who only sees 3 minutes of action a game anyways goes to the box. There's a reason a guy like Pronger won't fight Godard.

And Dion getting his truck stolen was funny but unfortunate. I heard today on the radio they found it.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
CBanana

One positive that can be taken from this is that despite the loss, we increase our lead in the division.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Yeah right. Embarrass the idiots who don't call you, and the next time, they shove it down yer throat. What can you expect them to say?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:35 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1876
Smyth was mvp

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
Smyth was mvp
Then vote for him on the avs board

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
You forgot to post 'Suck flames suck', when you post it we won like 4 straight games, post it next game, k .

I bet the refs stole Dion's truck just like they stole this game.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote