HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reasoner

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Reasoner

We all know that Reasoner crashed into the boards at the ACC to avoid an icing and injured his ankle and knee. His knee is giving him trouble. Any updates and could Reasoner's career be in jeopardy?

02-01-2004, 02:01 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
We all know that Reasoner crashed into the boards at the ACC to avoid an icing and injured his ankle and knee. His knee is giving him trouble. Any updates and could Reasoner's career be in jeopardy?
I don't think it was career threatening... if it was it would be out and public right now.

Evidently when they initially operated on it, there was still too much swelling, and they didn't get everything.

Reasoner rehabed (longer than originally thought, which in hindsight could have been a warning sign), and was evidently cleared to play, with the warning that further swelling would be a regular occurance for the rest of the year.

After a couple of games, they went and checked him out again, and discovered not everything that needed to be fixed was fixed. I haven't heard a time table yet, but he should be back this year... hardly a consolation I know.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Well from what I read there was no time table for his return. I just e-mailed the Oilers for an update.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Allan

He's listed as "indefinite". That means that they have no idea when he'll be back.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:08 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I don't think it was career threatening... if it was it would be out and public right now.

Evidently when they initially operated on it, there was still too much swelling, and they didn't get everything.

Reasoner rehabed (longer than originally thought, which in hindsight could have been a warning sign), and was evidently cleared to play, with the warning that further swelling would be a regular occurance for the rest of the year.

After a couple of games, they went and checked him out again, and discovered not everything that needed to be fixed was fixed. I haven't heard a time table yet, but he should be back this year... hardly a consolation I know.
From the Edmonton Journal, January 25, 2004

REASONER RECOVERING

- Dr. David Reid, who performed arthroscopic surgery on Marty Reasoner on Wednesday, provided an update on the centre following Thursday's game: Reasoner needs more time to heal.

"Marty had a very unusual injury," said Reid, who did clean up a bit of debris during the procedure.

"He crushed that side of the joint and had severe bruising."

No timeline has been set for Reasoner, who was left with serious damaged meniscus in his knee when he crashed into the boards on Nov. 8.

Closed Thread