HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Hockey Arena Part 3

Other thread got too big.

OLD THREAD (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu98 View Post
Hi guys and girls? let me introduce myself first...My name is Lukas aka ktulu and I want to present you one online hockey manager - Hockey Arena-> http://www.hockeyarena.net.

Some facts about HA->
1. game is free...
2. over 17.000 users
3. 42 countries(from Canada,USA,Slovakia,Finland,Sweden to Australia,Belarussia,Brasil... )
4. 26 languages

What is Hockey Arena all about? Every player from nearly 14 thousand registered ones is the owner of a hockey team, fully under his control. You decide on training regimes, you are preparing the lineups for matches, and many more management based activities. The fate of the team is completely in your hands. Only you will decide whether to bring new players from the trade market, whether to expand your training facilities, hiring cheerleaders for the team, and many more out of the money you receive from revenues gained--both from tickets sold or from the team's sponsors. You have to decide whether to invest in training facilities and youth schools to build from within, or to invest large sums on bringing players (such as free agents) from the transfer market. Every dollar spent has a direct impact on the future of the team, which is why it is very important to choose a strategy wisely, weighing in the benefits and flaws of each approach.

If you have decided to give Hockey Arena a try and create a team, you will automatically be placed into one of the leagues in your country. Of course, you will not find yourself in the highest league right from the start. If you want to compare with the best teams, you will have a long road ahead of you—every season lasts 70 days, during which you play 30 league matches in the regular season (A home and away set between the 16 teams in each league). The 8 best teams in regular season will advance to the playoffs, the two finalists promoting to a higher league. Aside from league play, there is the National Cup played on Wednesdays. If you are eliminated from the National Cup you can schedule friendly games to your off-days. Friendly matches are best to test new lineups, new tactics and give your starters a rest. There is also a World championship played once every two seasons, the best players from each country compete under the guidance of a National Manager, elected by all the managers from his home country. Will you be able to amass yourself such a successful reputation that you will become the National Manager for your country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu98 View Post
and a lot of improvements are coming from new season as a new match engine(PP and PK), players will have new attributes->passing,discipline and maybe something like fighting...

game is free so just register and after night update you will get team and try it...

http://www.hockeyarena.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
You're joining a pool of thousands - it's all online in your web browser. The leagues are divided by country and then all teams for each country are divided into leagues of 16 teams. Each team plays a regular season of 30 games, with the top 8 teams from each league taking part in a playoff. Promotions up the league structure come from leading positions in the regular season and leading positions in the playoffs, while bottom teams are relegated backward.

Playoffs are best-of-3 round robin, single elimination. You need to win 6 games to win the league championship. Then the next season starts.

Players have contracts to manage - you get new blood through your youth school every other Sunday, you can outbid other teams for talent on the open market, you improve facilities to improve your team, create training programs and set intensity levels - quite a few elements to control - I haven't even listed all of them.

Old
02-27-2008, 02:07 PM
smetana

Wow, it took two years to fill up Part 1 of this thread.

It took just two months to fill up Part 2.

Seems like this game is growing in popularity, which isn't surprising. This game has me totally addicted.

Old
02-27-2008, 02:54 PM
tujague

Part 1 was over 100 pages That one really took off when a bunch of new guys joined last summer. I think it was on Page 12 when we started.

I'll try that again later.

Old
02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
tujague

Here's the news on Version 2.0. I split it into parts to make it a bit easier to digest and discuss.
  1. 27.02 Version 2.0
    Dear managers, we have prepared a new version of Hockey Arena for you. The launching of the new version has been delayed a bit because of some technical issues with the new training and matches background calculation, please accept our apologies. So the new version is ready and implemented and here we bring you the list of changes.

Match calculation changes
    We've launched a new advanced version of the match calculation in version 2.0, which contains mainly tactical improvements. This new version will be tested on non-national friendlies only, until announced otherwise. The matches of all other types will be calculated like before with the previous match calculation version (1.9.x). This decision will allow us to test the new version thoroughly before used in league matches.

2. Tactical specialization of lines:
    In version 2.0 the manager have an option to choose a tactical specialization for each line. The effectiveness of each of these tactical possibilities will depend upon your players' skills in the required attributes for individual player positions. The requirements for every tactical specialization can be found on the page 'Lines'. You can find the information about the specialization of every player in his profile (player's detailed page and link 'Profile'). Developers' note - we are still working on the best and most realistic solution for the player's profile calculation, until a good solution is found, all players will have all their profiles at 100%.
    Here is a brief description of tactical options:

Counter-attacks:
    Players will concentrate on defending and will wait for an opponent’s blunder. After such an error, your team will promptly attack the opposing net.

Pressing/forechecking:
    Players will attempt to get the puck from opponent by consistently attacking in the offensive and neutral zones (forechecking).

Short-passing:
    Transition into the attacking zone will be done by means of speed and short passes.

Defence (checking):
    Attackers and defenders will concentrate only on checking (prevent the opponent from scoring).

Passes/slapshots from blue line:
    Defenders will shoot on opponent’s net with slap-shots from the blue line or pass the puck to forwards waiting near the goal mouth (slot).

Passes from behind the net:
    Centers will endeavor to distribute passes from behind the net.

3. Line chemistry
    Players, who play together often will gradually, step by step, develop 'chemistry'. They will adjust to playing together, improving their efficiency. In effect, they will begin to 'see' each other better. Each line will start with zero chemistry and this chemistry will increase over time. To achieve optimum line chemistry, you must insert complementary types of players. As such, you will be able to increase line chemistry by choosing appropriate players for each line. Warning - line chemistry will be reseted with the introduction of new match calculation for all match types! You will be warned beforhand.

Other features of line chemistry:
    If you substitute a player in the line, line chemistry will decrease by 20%.
    If an automatic substitute will be used, the line chemistry will not increase after the match.
    The line chemistry will temporarily decrease by 20% for every substitute in the line.
    Maximum line chemistry is limited by the fact, how well the players in the line are suitable for each other and the chosen tactical specialization of the line.
    The actual tactical performance of the line is limited by their current line chemistry.

4. Tactical points distribution - we have improved the tactical points distribution among periods so it will consider the average AI level of both teams to make the feature equally effective on all league levels. The previous version of this feature distributed exactly 30 points among the player attributes so it was more effective where the average AI of the player was for example 120 and less effective where the average AI was 250.

All chages mentioned above will be tested in friendly non national matches only.

5. Other changes:
    Managers with sponsor pack will be able to see their results' history with a specific opponent by pressing this icon in their calendar. Friendly matches are not recorded for the history purposes.

Managers without sponsor pack will be able to see the player's statistics directly on their profiles.

The calculations of matches and training were moved to background calculation. So you will be able to enter your account during the calculation. Only pages like Training or Line-up will be closed for the period of their calculation.

We have improved the player's search feature for national managers. It can be found on the page League, Info.

We have corrected the calculation of the best ticket price for the next match so that the influence of stars in the team will be also involved. The managers with scouting department at 100% will be informed if their stadium should be expanded.
    author icko

Old
02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
MXD

Well... Changes are interesting for sure! I have already two grinders in my lineup!

On the other hand... I might have only 2 new UFA's instead of 5.... oh well, I'll add some others at another time in the season.

Old
02-27-2008, 04:22 PM
El_Loco_Avs

so... the new options aren't usable yet in regular games?

Old
02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
so... the new options aren't usable yet in regular games?
Not yet. Now I can't wait till weekend to test out these new tatics.

Old
02-27-2008, 05:25 PM
TunaSandwich

I Just Joined and i started building it now

Old
02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
tujague

Quote:
The calculations of matches and training were moved to background calculation. So you will be able to enter your account during the calculation. Only pages like Training or Line-up will be closed for the period of their calculation.

Does this mean that the website will stay live during updates?

Edit: There's a Hockey Arena banner at the top of the forum

Old
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Does this mean that the website will stay live during updates?

Edit: There's a Hockey Arena banner at the top of the forum
Does that mean there wouldn't be anymore the 2 hour break in regards to transfers?

Old
02-27-2008, 06:14 PM
tujague

I guess so. The site is live right now. Training page shows everyone at 0%.

I got my sponsor money already and built the stadium

Old
02-27-2008, 06:21 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I guess so. The site is live right now. Training page shows everyone at 0%.

I got my sponsor money already and built the stadium
Hummm....I'm not waiting to get sponsor money to build the stadium

On the other hand... does every increment in scouting gives a better evaluation in the pre-game/ticket prices evaluation?
Got it at 24% now. Not that I really need to have it upgraded, but it's not like it can be bad either.

Old
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Crap, I just went and built my stadium so Im at -6 million already. I just realized that I am on a road trip and don't have a home game for quite some time. I will be beyond the -14 threshold way before next wednesday.

Old
02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
MXD

Shane, you won 3-2 in regular time. Oh... I don't know if you were away or home, but you could seriously consider pumping your prices up if you played the last game home. Didn't exactly dominated or outshot the Raiders, but you had the best team on the ice.

Old
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

My U23 team beat the starters of the IV.1 team that promoted last season. Guess I picked the right line tactics for my squad.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
tujague

The scores are in, but I didn't get the email yet. And training still shows all 0's.

I lost 0:9 to Havlicek's Michigan Blades. He said he was using trainers, so I played my U23 team. His trainers are better than my starters. Way better. Holy crap. I'm happy we got 16 shots.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:04 PM
NHL33*

No mention of the list in the original post AGAIN.

Post/PM me your updated info if this is outdated or you're not on the list (better to PM, I might miss a post). This way the most current, up-to-date list will be on the first page. If someone like tujague--who is actually active in this topic--wants to keep the list instead, that's fine as well. Anyways:

Quote:
Canada
Leafer 21 - Brampton Bandits - I.1
nashnaidoo - Cremona Titans - I.1
Caspian30 - Vancouver Wolf Pack - Can III.1
e-Mac - Medicine Hat Reapers - III.2
Temm - Calgary Wire Flyers - CAN IV.4
Yogi - Vancouver Salmon Kings - IV.4
MXD - Montreal Wanderers - V.3
Shane - Don't Cry for me Jan Hrdina - V.3
EUnit - Victoria Maple Leafs - V.4
RocheBag - Fog Devils - V.6
xXShaqXx- Edmonton Oil Kings - VI.1
feichter- SJ Firehox- VI.2
dmandood12 - Vancouver Bobcats - VI.4

Denmark
Forsbergwannabe - Toffies - III.3

Great Britain
hluraven - Bromley Ravens - I.1

Netherlands
El_Loco_Avs - Almelo_Avalanche - III.3
LD - Heeze Eagles - IV.6

USA
Ranger35 (LDR) - Hartford Wolfpack - I.1
Horsehouse - UCCS HC - III.3
TheSchwab (NAT) - NH Spartans - IV.1
Fishkiller - Fish Killers - IV.2
NHL33 - Starlight - IV.2
steelcable97 - Demolitia Totalus - IV.3
tujague - Bombsville Atomics -IV.3
Miami Panther - Miami Matadors - IV.4
njdevscup30- Ugly Cows - IV.4
Smetana - HC Victoria Hornets - IV.4
Snowman - Righteous Ones - IV.4
Spillblood Maloney - Mobtown Hooligans - IV.4
Hossmann - Montreal Screwjobbers - IV.6
Chairman Mallard - Minnesota Miracle Men - V.1
ower13 - Nordic Thunder - V.5
poppap527 - Usual Suspects - USA V.8
The Indestructible - The Indestructible - USA V.12

Last edited by NHL33*: 03-20-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old
02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

I am still in V.1 but I am the Minnesota Miracle Men now.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
MXD

ADD : Shane - Don't Cry for me Jan Hrdina - V.3 - Canada

Old
02-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Spillblood Maloney

my training showed all 0's as well.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:15 PM
NHL33*

icko|HA - 02:03:06, 28.02.08
yeah the training calculation is still pending

icko|HA - 01:49:11, 28.02.08
[Calvert - 01:47:53, 28.02.08
Are we missing something? Did games not get played tonight? I've got my economic update and my sponsorship cash.]

matches are still being calculated in the background.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:16 PM
poppap527

Im Usual Suspects USA V.8

Old
02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
MXD

20:26 : My guys trained, but did not regen.

EDIT : They didn't trained. They just lost their energy in the game. Managed to score 1 goal against a I.1 team. I don't get it.

Old
02-27-2008, 07:29 PM
smetana

Hornets have promoted to USA IV.4

Old
02-27-2008, 09:07 PM
TunaSandwich

1. Edmonton Rush 6 6 0 0 0 0 18 26 8 3-3-0-0 3-3-0-0
2. The Lords 6 5 1 0 0 0 16 19 6 4-4-0-0 2-1-1-0
3. Les rainettes 6 5 0 1 0 0 15 27 4 2-2-0-0 4-3-0-1