HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I cant stand Dagenais, we need a rent a player!

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I cant stand Dagenais, we need a rent a player!

I really dont like this guy. He is way too one dimensional. He cant play D, and cant hit, cant skate, and his offence is not all that great. All he can do is stand in one spot and shot one-timers. Even when he was scoring i never liked him. :mad:

Plus he never smiles, and is too damn serious

I really think that Gainey should try and get a right winger whos gona be a ufa this summer(rent a player), because when things get intense in the playoff's Dagenais WON'T. Personally i think that i guys like Brindamour would be great, but thats easier said then done.

Thoughts!

Old
02-02-2004, 02:58 PM
All-Star

Gainey won't give away decent assets to rent a player for the playoffs. Even Perreault can at least get us a pick at the deadline. Of course, if he can get a decent LW with a few years left in his contract and who still has gas in the tank for Dagenais and Perreault, he might pull the trigger, but I just don't see that happening.

We are rebuilding; picks, prospects, and young players are all Gainey should be looking for this year.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:40 PM
grapeshine

I don't get the Dagenais hate. We're seriously weak when it comes to players with finish and he's potted 10 goals for us. He's got a strong shot, and he's a decent forechecker. He's certainly not the most colourful player, but he's helping out. Leave him be.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:23 PM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeshine
I don't get the Dagenais hate. We're seriously weak when it comes to players with finish and he's potted 10 goals for us. He's got a strong shot, and he's a decent forechecker. He's certainly not the most colourful player, but he's helping out. Leave him be.
really

Old
02-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
So what! Perreault (sp) would also pot 10 goals or more on a top line. In fact he has poted more than 20 a season many times in his career. Does that mean hes good, NO!

Old
02-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Decent forechecker? Thats debatable....true he has potted 10 goals but tell me this..he hasn't scored in like 6 games right? So what else does he do for us?

Doesn't Perrault have 9 goals?....Dagenais is a completely useless player that any of our youngster could fill his spot....Hossa, Balej, Perezhogin, hell even Plekanec could probably play better then him in that position.

As for your "I don't get the Dagenais hate" well I don't get the Dagenais love...

Old
02-02-2004, 11:08 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Decent forechecker? Thats debatable....true he has potted 10 goals but tell me this..he hasn't scored in like 6 games right? So what else does he do for us?

Doesn't Perrault have 9 goals?....Dagenais is a completely useless player that any of our youngster could fill his spot....Hossa, Balej, Perezhogin, hell even Plekanec could probably play better then him in that position.

As for your "I don't get the Dagenais hate" well I don't get the Dagenais love...
I don't like the way he's playing either, but I like the way Julien gives everyone a good long look (except Kilger). That's the way to do it. If there is no growth over a long period of time even with Julien's and the coaches off-ice guidance, THEN try something else.

It's very thorough. I trust Julien completely.

Old
02-03-2004, 12:01 AM
The Power Forward

I'm not a big Dagenais fan either but right now he is doing is job.However , don't expect the Habs to go far in the playoff with a guy like him playing on the first two line , he is way to soft for that.

The thing is , the Habs need 2 big wingers (at least 6,2 200 lbs that play PHYSICAL , that's the key word) on both the 1st and 2nd line to clear the way for guys like Koivu and Ribs.Dagenais is not that kind of guy and Bulis neither so for these reasons , i think that is time in Montreal will only be temporary.

Old
02-03-2004, 05:01 AM
skoivu

One way players arnt that bad of a thing. every good team has some. He may stick out now because lets face it we're not the best tema in the league but in a cpl yrs when our players mature if he surrounded by the rihgt players he could end up being quite an asset. look at hull. he doesnt cross the red line. And is still considered one of the best players of this decade. im not going to say hes the next brett hull but maybe hell turn into a 30 goal scorer. he also seems to ahve good chemistry wiht ribiero and ribeiro hasnt really had any chemistry wiht nayone thus far in his career. Anyways im not his biggest fan but i think hes a good guy to ahve in the oraganiztion and i think he has a decent future

Old
02-03-2004, 05:14 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoivu
One way players arnt that bad of a thing. every good team has some. He may stick out now because lets face it we're not the best tema in the league but in a cpl yrs when our players mature if he surrounded by the rihgt players he could end up being quite an asset. look at hull. he doesnt cross the red line. And is still considered one of the best players of this decade. im not going to say hes the next brett hull but maybe hell turn into a 30 goal scorer. he also seems to ahve good chemistry wiht ribiero and ribeiro hasnt really had any chemistry wiht nayone thus far in his career. Anyways im not his biggest fan but i think hes a good guy to ahve in the oraganiztion and i think he has a decent future
I'm sorry but there is no way that you can compare anything that happens in junior and apply it to the NHL. Tons of players rip up juniors but that is playing hockey with boys, he is in the NHL playing with men. I can't stand one way players honestly and we have to be a defense first type of team. I am glad he has 10 goals for us but I would replace him in a second with a more capable two way player.

Old
02-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Habruti!

my feeling as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power Forward
I'm not a big Dagenais fan either but right now he is doing is job.However , don't expect the Habs to go far in the playoff with a guy like him playing on the first two line , he is way to soft for that.

The thing is , the Habs need 2 big wingers (at least 6,2 200 lbs that play PHYSICAL , that's the key word) on both the 1st and 2nd line to clear the way for guys like Koivu and Ribs.Dagenais is not that kind of guy and Bulis neither so for these reasons , i think that is time in Montreal will only be temporary.
I think that Dagenais is filling the spot that Hossa failed to acquire. If Hossa can pick it up he is quite effective in the corners and would be far more effective on that line that Dagenais IMO. Yes perhaps he does not have the same instinct but he still has pretty good hands. The problem is that he is having a pretty bad year but he seems to be picking it up lately. I for one would not be suprised to see him before the end ot the year in MTL.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:48 PM
eddy

I think the best thing to do with Dagenais is to put him on the 4th line and give him PP time with Ribeiro so he can just stand there while Riberio or whoever else feeds him the puck. This way his poor skating won't hurt us playing limited time on the 4th line and playing PP where he can just stand there and we can get out of him the only thing he's really good at which is shooting and putting the puck in the net. The replacement on the Ribeiro line I think it would be nice to give a couple guys a shot and see if they can fit in there, like Ward or Sundstrom, If Pleks and Balej hadn't been sent down it would have been nice to give them a chance in there to.

Closed Thread