HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking Forward to the Draft

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Hankenstein

vCash: 500
Looking Forward to the Draft

I can't believe we haven't even hit the all-star break yet and the only thing positive I can think about is the draft in June. If they go down again tonight against the Sabres (again) I will fully start rooting for an all out full-fledged meltdown. I know it has already begun, but I know if they win tonight ,I will just start hoping for the unrealsitics chance that they go 19-11-0 over the last 30 and finish with the 87 points that should get them in as the 8th seed. If they lose, then its "Bring on the draft and move as many out before the trade deadline comes."

Looking forward, I hope (if its all a lost casue again tonight) that we finish in a position to get a top 5 pick.

I'm hoping for someone like Cam Barker (D) Medicine Hat, Mike Green (D) Saskatoon or Rostislav Olesz, (C) Vitkovice (czech rep).

Since everything else in Rangerland has gone to pot, anyone else thinking of the draft yet??

Old
01-31-2004, 07:26 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, I'm thinking that #1 pick is burning a hole in the Jackass' pockets.

Old
01-31-2004, 07:40 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Not for long. I hear that Paul Coffer, Gary Galley, & Dave Babych are all contemplating coming out of retirement. Jackass has to give up something for their rights.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:19 PM
BLACKBURN

Isnt it sad that the only thing a ranger fan has to look forward to all year is the entry draft. And then each year we draft players that are said to be future conerstones of the organization. And then each year they are traded before their prime for veterans that do not fill the needs of the team. And then each year we lose. And then the next year we go through it all again. Hockey is different here....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Its sad, I have lost so much hope that i really dont care if we win or lose anymore. That is a big difference to when I was a young kid in the mid nineties, praying each night that we would win and then waking each morning, with eager anticpation to see whether we had won.

Old
01-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
It's gonna be a loooooong February, yet again

The draft info - Mike Green - Solid on both ends. Size, toughness, speed, passing skills. Top ten in the draft. Boris Valabik - 6'6 Slovak D-man is North American when he's on the ice. Nasty, good slapshot, will draw comparisons to Chara, plus we took Baranka in round 2 last year, good eventual tandem.

If this ship really sinks badly we could end up in the top 5, it's not impossible for this bunch, even if SLATS is replaced.Cam Barker, maybe Malkin or Olesz could be possible. Let's see just how bad they suck first :p

Old
02-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Hankenstein

Well there we go. Another loss to the Sabres and the Fishsticks are winning in the 3rd period against Florida. That puts us 8 points back.

Here we go lottery pick!

Old
02-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
Well there we go. Another loss to the Sabres and the Fishsticks are winning in the 3rd period against Florida. That puts us 8 points back.

Here we go lottery pick!
You are still *thinking* about the playoffs?

Old
02-01-2004, 02:55 AM
trowa

LoL. well, here's hoping we get a Chara type defenseman...

Old
02-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
You are still *thinking* about the playoffs?

No...not at all anymore.

Closed Thread