HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

the vancouver game

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
the vancouver game

can you imagine what that team is going to do to the rangers? That is a talented and well coached team much like ottawa. The Rangers might just lose 9-1 at home. Honestly if that were to happen at the Garden people might charge sather on the bench.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
can you imagine what that team is going to do to the rangers? That is a talented and well coached team much like ottawa. The Rangers might just lose 9-1 at home. Honestly if that were to happen at the Garden people might charge sather on the bench.

That's very, very possible!

Old
02-01-2004, 05:25 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
I'll go the other way, and say the Rangers look like the most expensive salarythe NHL can produce and like a team, and pull out a win!?

Old
02-01-2004, 06:04 AM
rickyrod

if they play like they played against buffalo in the last 2 periods, they might have a fighting chance.
but, we seem to be bursed by those damn retro jerseys. 1 tie, 2 losses. 2 more retro games left. damn.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Hankenstein

Like True Blue mentioned in another post, they have flat out quit. We haven't even reached the break yet and the clubs are being polished. I am actually hopeing for a double digit blowout against the Canucks. I hope they put up 12 on us.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I just hope people go Wednesday and don't act like dicks. None of this is Mike's fault.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:05 PM
True Blue

I am one of the ones going on Wednessday. Not out of love for Sather's Frankestien creation, but out of respect for one of the greatest Rangers of all time. I think that all fans attending will be make sure that Mikey feels quite special while his ceremony is going on. After it is all over though, and the game starts, all bets are off.

Old
02-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I am one of the ones going on Wednessday. Not out of love for Sather's Frankestien creation, but out of respect for one of the greatest Rangers of all time. I think that all fans attending will be make sure that Mikey feels quite special while his ceremony is going on. After it is all over though, and the game starts, all bets are off.
Were you at Gretzky's last game? I was and I still remember the boos when Neil Smith was announced. I know that no one will boo Mikey (and anyone who does anywhere near me will discover I'm not a pacifist) but I seriously doubt the majority of the crowd will be able to refrain from voicing their frustrations if Sather and/or Dolan's names are announced. At this point, I think it's very possible that JD (who will probably me the master of ceromonies) will be booed as well.

It's that bad.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:32 AM
deathbear

jd?? as in davidson? why would he be booed?

Old
02-02-2004, 03:47 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
At this point, I think it's very possible that JD (who will probably me the master of ceromonies) will be booed as well.

It's that bad.
why would he get booed? neither him, nor sam got booed at superskate, unlike the rangers...

Old
02-02-2004, 04:09 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
why would he get booed? neither him, nor sam got booed at superskate, unlike the rangers...
Take a look at some of the comments people are making about the way Sam and JD do the broadcasts of games. Many people are complaining like crazy about how they try to stay positive and don't rip the players or the coaches or the organization. Obviously, they are losing sight of what JD and Sam are paid to do and sometimes overlook the fact that both of them do make critical comments quite regularly. But, there are very few people out there who are happy with the state of things and Sam and JD are effectively the voice of the Rangers and some people think they are the voice for the Dolans too.

I happen to disagree--I think Sam and JD both know exactly what's going on and are as disgusted with the hockey they are watching as the fans are. They are paid, however, to make the broadcasts as enjoyable as possible, as well as explain what's going on. I'm biased, but I happen to think that they are the best duo in hockey. I've learned a huge amount about the game, it's rules, how hockey should be played and the history of the league and the franchise. I hope they stay around forever--especially now that Bob Murphy have retired.

But, that said, I still there there is the possibility that EVERYONE (except Mikey) will be booed on Wednesday.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I don't know.

After watching the team this weekend against Buffalo, I actually got the feeling like they would lose both games to the Sabres and then come back to beat the Canucks (to give some sort of false hope although it's too late for that).

02-02-2004, 05:53 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Going Wednesday as well. I'll be bringing the digi cam and camcorder making sure to document the events. Richter has always been my favorite athlete, along with Messier, Leetch and to some degree Graves, the best hockey icons in New York during my time. At least he'll be one that spent his entire career with the Rangers, something I can respect him more for.

As for the Nuck game, I think the Rangers will blow them out, teasing us as they always do only to get blown out by the Wild. Difference between now and before is pretty much every fan is not as gullible we were before so there won't be as many depressed fans after that game because no one will buy into their bs.

Last edited by #37-#93-#27*: 02-02-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Take a look at some of the comments people are making about the way Sam and JD do the broadcasts of games. Many people are complaining like crazy about how they try to stay positive and don't rip the players or the coaches or the organization. Obviously, they are losing sight of what JD and Sam are paid to do and sometimes overlook the fact that both of them do make critical comments quite regularly. But, there are very few people out there who are happy with the state of things and Sam and JD are effectively the voice of the Rangers and some people think they are the voice for the Dolans too.

I happen to disagree--I think Sam and JD both know exactly what's going on and are as disgusted with the hockey they are watching as the fans are. They are paid, however, to make the broadcasts as enjoyable as possible, as well as explain what's going on. I'm biased, but I happen to think that they are the best duo in hockey. I've learned a huge amount about the game, it's rules, how hockey should be played and the history of the league and the franchise. I hope they stay around forever--especially now that Bob Murphy have retired.

But, that said, I still there there is the possibility that EVERYONE (except Mikey) will be booed on Wednesday.
people have been talking bad about sam and jd since way before superskate, though. ranger fan central badmouths them all the time. i just dont see them(or jd at least) getting booed.

they are paid to keep the broadcasts upbeat, and positive. but, at superskate jd was ripping on the ref situation, to fan cheers.
and i agree that they are the best duo in hockey(that i've seen.) they seem to be the only ones who stay objective...

Old
02-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Edge

even jar jar has lost hope, it must be that special time of year in rangerland.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
even jar jar has lost hope, it must be that special time of year in rangerland.

Yes, the unnerving sense of deja vu has set in again in Rangerland.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:53 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I understand and agree

Quote:

About their job to make watching this horror show as pleasant as possible, but c'mon a spade is a spade and if they aren't being truthful about that then they are losing credibility each broadcast.

Making it enjoyable is one thing, covering for the team when they are getting absolutely shellacked in Ottawa is pathetic, 2 weeks ago stating that this is a 4 line dump and chase team only to then reverse course by saying its a good idea to roll 3 lines is a joke.

Yes, Dolan's name is on those checks, but a little honesty out of either Sam or JD would be soooo refreshing.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:02 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Tonight has all the makings of a 10-0 game. Vancouver is one of the best and we are one of the worst. The Rangers are NEVER prepared to play and are very fragile. Bert is going to feast on the fact that he will be allowed to go to the net untouched. If the 'Nucks jump out to a quick 2-0 lead or something along those lines, early in the first, look for one of the bigger debacles of the season. Could be worse than the Ottawa game.

"2 weeks ago stating that this is a 4 line dump and chase team only to then reverse course by saying its a good idea to roll 3 lines is a joke."

I heard that and almost choked. Rolling 3 lines is a good a idea? Wonder where that line came from? Both Sam & JD are smart guys and no one can accuse JD of not knowing hockey. I have a feeling that some lines are being force-fed to them by Sather.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
King Nothing*

OOOH, and I am so hoping for a drudging like that! There is no possible way that Dolan can let another drudging like that slip by without action. At least forcing his hand to make a coaching change. Of course, if I owned the team, he would have been fired 5 times already.

Quote:

Old
02-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I like Sam and JD a lot, but Joe Micheletti and Howie Rose show what a little objectivity can bring to a broadcast. Watch an Isles game on a night where critique is more than than appropriate and you won't feel like you're intelligence is being insulted as a viewer. I'm all for keeping the show upbeat, but, you know, if I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd get a pack of cigarettes and length of hose. JD's apparent blindness to cold hard facts will prevent me from the watching in the future, not his departure from "upbeat" programming.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Smith31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I like Sam and JD a lot, but Joe Micheletti and Howie Rose show what a little objectivity can bring to a broadcast. Watch an Isles game on a night where critique is more than than appropriate and you won't feel like you're intelligence is being insulted as a viewer. I'm all for keeping the show upbeat, but, you know, if I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd get a pack of cigarettes and length of hose. JD's apparent blindness to cold hard facts will prevent me from the watching in the future, not his departure from "upbeat" programming.
Absolutely....Joe M called out Kvasha for his dirty knee on Weiss...and often critique the Isles when they come out with lackluster efforts. Sam and JD are tough.

BTW, first time coming to Ranger Board.....you guys are a rip! Also, good to hear the support for RiK-TaH's ceremony on Wednesday. As an Islander fan....he was a tough goalie to play against. Never seen a goalie do the splits like #35....he must have gotten his junk removed while playing in juniors...

Old
02-03-2004, 02:39 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9
I'll go the other way, and say the Rangers look like the most expensive salarythe NHL can produce and like a team, and pull out a win!?
4-3 Win!!

Old
02-03-2004, 07:25 AM
NewYorkStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't know.

After watching the team this weekend against Buffalo, I actually got the feeling like they would lose both games to the Sabres and then come back to beat the Canucks (to give some sort of false hope although it's too late for that).

Wow did you hit the nail on the head. Now they can make another run fall a few points out at the end and get us another mediocre draft pick. This team is a nightmare.

Closed Thread