HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Absolute Disgrace

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Absolute Disgrace

This is the most disgusting and disturbing team in pro sports. When the Isles had that terrible run in the late 90's I felt kind of bad for the fans, but at least they knew they were bad. They got to do the whole David and Goliath thing. "We suck and we know it, but lets try to work our arses off and beat those Rangers. They knew they were bad. This team is the ultimate tease. Every year you get your hopes up just to be dashed again. Every year you think this team could take off and get into the playoffs and maybe win a series or two. Even some of the most negative (realistic) fans here usually thought that "this year they could break out and at least make us semi-proud to be Ranger fans", but NO. This team is a disgrace, I know we all hear the same old story.. "All that talent and all that money, and they still suck." Think about it for a second.. Do you even like this team? Think back to 94' or even 97'. You liked those players, you wanted them to succeed. Nick Kypreos, Joe Kocur, Eddie O.... we even liked these borderline players. I think I can speak for most Ranger fans when I say we dont even like this team!!! How many 'Rangers' do we have? How many of these guys go out there and bleed Red, White, and Blue? Start with Goalie on out. The only players who seem to care are Messier, Leetch, Purinton, Barnaby, Ortmeyer, Lundmark... some of these guys are borderline players but they work their as*es off every game and really do seem to care. The rest of these guys are here for the paycheck so they can be set for life. Wouldn't you rather be a Thrashers fan? Heatley, Kovalchuk, .. this team has personality and they work. I saw the Thrashers lose last night and Kovalchuk looked really mad and upset. When was the last time we saw that from a Ranger? How come we always hear, "We need to learn to play a full 60 min." It's disgusting! I can sit here and say we have to rebuild, but why waste my breath? This team isn't going to listen. We're going to flunder for seven more years until a serious house cleaning takes place. Even when Dolan listens and dumps Sather.. he'll bring in someone else, and you think Dolan will let that guy rebuild after 7 playoff-less years? Of course not. We all need to stop buying Ranger merchandise and stop buying tickets if we dont have them already because thats the only way to get their attention. Hit those guys where it hurts the most - the pockets.

Sorry to ramble..... had to get that out of my system. :/

Old
02-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
The only players who seem to care are Messier, Leetch, Purinton, Barnaby, Ortmeyer, Lundmark... some of these guys are borderline players but they work their as*es off every game and really do seem to care.
. :/
I'm sorry, but the old man with the C epitomises the lacksadasical attitude of this team. How many times have you seen him coast to cover a man, coast to get to a free puck, coast back to the bench, leave the zone early. I'm sick to death with Messier. The fortunes of this team won't change until Mess and Sather are gone.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
I'm sorry, but the old man with the C epitomises the lacksadasical attitude of this team. How many times have you seen him coast to cover a man, coast to get to a free puck, coast back to the bench, leave the zone early. I'm sick to death with Messier. The fortunes of this team won't change until Mess and Sather are gone.
Mess is the least of our problems. Should he have retired already? Yes, but its hard to complain when he's our leading goal scorer. His game is nowhere near what it once was but to say he has a lacksadasical attitude is ignorant. The guy has made his money if he didn't want to be here he could walk away tomorrow. He's obviously no longer a force in this league, but the guy works hard game in and game out.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Hankenstein

I guess we will have to disagree. I think he is here for records only. You think he busts his a$$ every shift and I see a man going through the motions on most nights.

The fact that he is our leading goal scorer (at 14) menas nothing to me.

Old
02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
I guess we will have to disagree. I think he is here for records only. You think he busts his a$$ every shift and I see a man going through the motions on most nights.

The fact that he is our leading goal scorer (at 14) menas nothing to me.
It doesn't mean anything when he's our leading goal scorer ahead of Kovalev, Nedved, Lindros, and Holik? Not to mention most of his shifts are with Ortmeyer and another 4th liner. He should have retired a couple of years ago, but I just think that there are much bigger problems then Mess. I also find it hard to say he doesnt try... in my opinion he certainly does. The problem is that Sather usually doesnt use him correctly... You cant expect him to play against a big guy like a Kieth Primeau.

Old
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
nyr5186

I must admit that Messier does tend to go through the motions alot on the ice. But if theres anything he still knows how to do well, thats finish on the few chances that he gets. I've always said since he came back that if used properly on the 4th line, he could still be a very effective player. Most of his goals this year have come while playing on the 4th line with guys like Simon, Barnaby and Ortmeyer. However, when he does get promoted to a top line, he tends to slow down and show his age because he cant go up against top lines anymore. The fact that he's leading the team in goals is more an indictment of Kovalev, Nedved, etc. than it is a testament to Messier.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
It doesn't mean anything when he's our leading goal scorer ahead of Kovalev, Nedved, Lindros, and Holik?
In relation to Mess, it means nothing. As a reflection of the team as a whole it speaks volumes.

Old
02-01-2004, 11:20 PM
TKLOOCH22

We need Dolan to commit fraud or some other crime. Oh, how blessed would we be if Lil' J was locked up like Buffalo's previous owner.

Old
02-02-2004, 12:29 AM
trowa

I don't really blame Messier...He should be playing only 10 - 12 mins per game, so he can play hard in short shifts, but for some reason he plays double those minutes where his body just can't keep up with the younger guys on the ice.

Closed Thread