HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jassen Cullimore

Old
02-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
After looking at the stats, I think he could of easily scored 500 + on the "right team" .. had he not been injured so much.

But you win some, you lose some. It's too bad players have to get injured. He probably missed close to 300 games due to injury in his career.. I might be wrong.
Thats a lot of ifs to include.... if he is more healthy; if he played on the right team, if, if, if....

How bout... if brisebois was born with the talent of bobby orr + the slapshot of Al MacInnis he would've been the best dman of all time.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Thats a lot of ifs to include.... if he is more healthy; if he played on the right team, if, if, if....

How bout... if brisebois was born with the talent of bobby orr + the slapshot of Al MacInnis he would've been the best dman of all time.

I'm just saying .. People bash him for being a horrible defenseman (he isn't good now) but back in the day.. he was pretty good and had nothing to work with. What did people expect? You know what I mean..

I think he can look back on his career and think "I done well."

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

I'm just saying .. People bash him for being a horrible defenseman (he isn't good now) but back in the day.. he was pretty good and had nothing to work with. What did people expect? You know what I mean..

I think he can look back on his career and think "I done well."
I agree with that.... we disagree on our assesment of Breezy now, you think he's a good #7 guy, i think he doesn't belong in the NHL, but thats fine...

I agree with you in saying he was a very good defenceman in the late 90s early 2000s. He gets a lot of flak though because he signed a contract worthy of what mid-tier #1 guys were getting at the time, and he was in the lower-tier of number 1 defencemen... He ideally would've been a #2 or #3 guy on a good club. His offensive skills were good enough to be a PP QB and his points would have benefited if we had more high powered offence around him. However defensively he was not a shut down guy. He made his share of brain cramps (magnified in people's minds by his position on the team and the money he was making) but he was ideally a second pairing guy when you look at his defence in those years. He was forced however by our crummy GM getting crummy defencemen to go out their against other team's top players. The crappy checking line forwards we had in those years didn't help much either.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post

Why did we ever get rid of him
Nobody could spell his name correctly.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 06:18 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
During the cup run a couple of years ago Cullimore was a stud. Much of the year he would have improved the top 5 D.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
mcphee

If I ever lament the loss of Jassen Cullimore, my life will truly have become empty.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
A1
Everything is awful

Hey now, Jassen Cullimore has been absolutely dominant for my son and I in our NHL '98 season on Sega Genesis. Respect 'yo.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote