HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo: Coach Of The Year ??

Old
02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
If they make the playoffs it shouls be Boudreau all the way.
I forgot all about Boudreau. "The movie star"

Really, there are no West examples. The Top 8 is pretty much what you'd see any year. Even Nashville on the fringe is still what the West usually is. No real candidates there. No-one excelled. If they had to give one to the West, make it Barry Trotz.

In the East, you got a lot. Carbo, Julien, Boudreau and Ruff are the big ones. Lindy Ruff lost Briere, Drury and now Campbell but still has a playoff spot? That's amazing.

Much of these are down to the wire, but Carbo deserves a nomination. If the Canadiens finish 1st in the Northeast, no question. If the Canadiens finish 4th or 5th, again, that it still home ice for the first time in almost 15 years. That is an accomplishment.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Licou

I think he will get nominated for sure...

Of course Boudreau and Julien really did fine jobs, as well as many other coaches.

But Carbo has something that they don't have. It might not be discipline, it might not be the ultimate hockey tactic/system. Carbo has a huge ****ing pair of balls. He is going to war with his rookies, and shall they fail... he shall go down along with them, with his dumb ass smirk of his !! I think he instills trust and confidence to his bench. His coaching method (along with Muller too) is purely emotionnal, about creating a strong bond with his young team, while not aliening the veterans.

My two cents... ho wait.... I'm out of change.. damn it..

"Got any change?"

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Judge Sauer*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
What are you guys doing? Remember when we had this thread last year and than the Habs suddenly started tanking? Shame on you all if it happens again this year

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
RussCourtnallsGhost

If the Habs keep it up, I think Carbo deserves to be nominated. The only major knock against him, however, will be his less-than-impressive home record this season.

RussCourtnallsGhost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
What are you guys doing? Remember when we had this thread last year and than the Habs suddenly started tanking? Shame on you all if it happens again this year
Shame on us?

Shame on HIM.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote