HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergie Kostitsyn and John Tavares.

Old
02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Lets all just calm down

Tavarres is gonna be something ... SPECIAL in the NHL, hes a generational player...lets face it

But i LOVE and i mean i LOVE Sergei Kostitsyn and how he plays and what he brings to this team

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Lets all just calm down

Tavarres is gonna be something ... SPECIAL in the NHL, hes a generational player...lets face it

But i LOVE and i mean i LOVE Sergei Kostitsyn and how he plays and what he brings to this team
This is in no way an attack on you Redux.

But can we stop using that tag line for every good prospect. How many dozen generational players are there in one friggin generation?!!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Lets all just calm down

Tavares is a generational player? Generational means Howe Orr Gretzky Lemieux. He is going to be better than Sid?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
This is in no way an attack on you Redux.

But can we stop using that tag line for every good prospect. How many dozen generational players are there in one friggin generation?!!
LOL

i heard it for the first time the other day and i thought it was a pretty good word to use...lol ok then, Tavarres is going to be a franchise player, so lets not start comparing him with Sergei, who is a great talent himself and will bring us ALOT of good for alot of years down the road, but Tavarres is something else man, lets be real

Old
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Oh ya cuz Oshawa are such a bad team without Tavares.

Maclean 106pts, 51 goals.
Tavares 100pts, 35 goals, 65 assists.
Asselin 67pts.
3 Defence with 40 or more pts.

Yup Tavares is the powerhouse alright.
You do realize that Tavares did play in the WJC and missed games and that Maclean is 2 years older?

So hard for the kids here to understand that stuff.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DayQuil*

Sergei made his intentions clear with teams that wanted to interview him, that he was going to only come to North America to play with his brother.

Aside from his age, that is another main reason as to why no teams took a flyer on the kid.

DayQuil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
sylvian Turgeon scored 40 goals in his rookie year. Who knows how good Sergie will become? He may continue to develop for years. He is better at 20 than Doug Gilmour was. Kane is a soft lil midget. Sammy was rookie of the year and dominated the IHL at 18

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P McGuire View Post
Sergei made his intentions clear with teams that wanted to interview him, that he was going to only come to North America to play with his brother.

Aside from his age, that is another main reason as to why no teams took a flyer on the kid.
Sergei was drafted at 18 tho..just like everyone else... Hell HIGGINS was drafted at 19...

But you are right, he made it VERY clear he wanted to play with big bro, and they ARe and its GREAT

Old
02-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Erika

In London, the three Kane, Gagner and Kostitsyn was what Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson are with the Senators

Kane was the Sniper (Heatley), Gagner was the center (Spezza) and Kostitsyn was the complete package that provides leadership, grit, two-way play and skills (Alfredsson) to whichever line he played (With Gagner and Kane or with Adam Perry and David Meckler).

Sergei was the heart and soul of the Knights. He played the same role Daniel Alfredsson is playing with Ottawa.

To say that Gagner is way better than Sergei at this point is Laughable because you guys has no idea how theses 2 will develop in a few years !! Gagner might bust a become another Pavel Brendl while Sergei can become the next Alfredsson and the opposite can be said also.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:42 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
In London, the three Kane, Gagner and Kostitsyn was what Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson are with the Senators

Kane was the Sniper (Heatley), Gagner was the center (Spezza) and Kostitsyn was the complete package that provides leadership, grit, two-way play and skills (Alfredsson) to whichever line he played (With Gagner and Kane or with Adam Perry and David Meckler).

Sergei was the heart and soul of the Knights. He played the same role Daniel Alfredsson is playing with Ottawa.

To say that Gagner is way better than Sergei at this point is Laughable because you guys has no idea how theses 2 will develop in a few years !! Gagner might bust a become another Pavel Brendl while Sergei can become the next Alfredsson and the opposite can be said also.
Hey I am one of the biggest Kosty boosters around. But you have totally missed the boat on Sammy G.

Recently TSN did a top ten shootout goal list. Sammy had two of them. His skills stand out clearly

The kid is also a pretty great playmaker and is a smart player too more in the mold of a Shanahan or Sakic (WHICH does NOT mean he will be those guys!).

Finally the kid has demonstrated these skills in the NHL less than a month after his 18th birthday (Born Aug '89)

If Sergei turns out better that would be great but extremely surprising. Until then we got a guy who made the team at age 20 after being drafted last round. Special enough for me thanks.

Sit back and enjoy watching the kids develop

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Missed 10 games.
Which is like 20 points for Tavares.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Forget about Tavares for a sec..

Sergei Kostitsyn has 8 NHL goals in 35 games at the age of 20

My Comparison? his own brother who has become a STEADY first line winger who seems to have finaly turned the corner at the NHL, look for him to be PPG next year i truly beleive

But my comparison is this

Andrei Kostitsyn age 21 , 12 games 2 goals
age 22, 22 games 1 goal

total of 34 games, 3 goals 11 assists so far at age 22, limited action in the nhl, but still , not like Sergeis gettin those goals on the first line with saku and higgins when u rly think about it..

Sergeis totals again, 8 goals, 10 assists , 18 points in 35 games at the age of 20
Andrei 3 goals , 11 assists , 14 points in 34 games at the age of 22

And look at Andrei now...imagin Sergei in a couple of years...

now yeah yeah, there 2 different players, but not by THAT much, Andrei will score more goals, Sergei will score more points.

I just love Sergei Kostitsyn man, i mean ive rooted and rooted for Andrei since 03 trying to justify him as a good player and a decent draft choice, ..but his brother is blowin him out of the water at his age and developement lol, its tremendous to watch

Old
03-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Erika

Quote:

My Comparison? his own brother who has become a STEADY first line winger who seems to have finaly turned the corner at the NHL, look for him to be PPG next year i truly beleive

age 22, 22 games 1 goal

total of 34 games, 3 goals 11 assists so far at age 22, limited action in the nhl, but still , not like Sergeis gettin those goals on the first line with saku and higgins when u rly think about it..

Sergeis totals again, 8 goals, 10 assists , 18 points in 35 games at the age of 20

now yeah yeah, there 2 different players, but not by THAT much, Andrei will score more goals, Sergei will score more points.

I just love Sergei Kostitsyn man, i mean ive rooted and rooted for Andrei since 03 trying to justify him as a good player and a decent draft choice, ..but his brother is blowin him out of the water at his age and developement lol, its tremendous to watch
Thank you !!

I said it before and I will repeat it again, Sergei Kostitsyn will end up being better than Andrei Kostitsyn, mark my words But I'm glad we have both

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Thank you !!

I said it before and I will repeat it again, Sergei Kostitsyn will end up being better than Andrei Kostitsyn, mark my words But I'm glad we have both
Absolutely, 100%

Old
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

age 22, 22 games 1 goal

Excellent Comparison.

I have to say I agree on all counts. Andrei has a bigger shot / better nose for the net but Sergei is going to be a far more complete player in what he brings on the ice. Grit, Speed, Passing, Shot, he's got it all.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
windycity

I agree that Sergei is ahead of where AK was at the same age but he's also playing on a considerably better team now than AK was then. That said, I think Sergei will be the better player. Unbelievable he fell to 7th.

Yay Timmins! Yay Gainey!!

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Stamvarhall*

Wait a ****ing minute are you trying to convince people into thinking that Kostitsyn is better and is going to be better than John Tavares, THEE John Tavares? your kidding right, this is an absolute joke right? the same John Tavares that has the highest PointsPerGame Average in the entire CHL? who is not even in his draft year yet, not until next year?. Kostitsyn put up 131 points as a 19 yr old, John Tavares put up 134 points as a 16 yr old. That is a 3 year difference in age.

Stamvarhall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:51 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmoose View Post
Wait a ****ing minute are you trying to convince people into thinking that Kostitsyn is better and is going to be better than John Tavares, THEE John Tavares? your kidding right, this is an absolute joke right? the same John Tavares that has the highest PointsPerGame Average in the entire CHL? who is not even in his draft year yet, not until next year?. Kostitsyn put up 131 points as a 19 yr old, John Tavares put up 134 points as a 16 yr old. That is a 3 year difference in age.
John? Is that you?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Fincan

Quote:
You said it yourself, most of his points came from playing on the 3rd line, which means since the Horcoff injury, he didn't prove that he could take his game to another level, because he isn't producing as expected.

Fact is, recently, with the Injury of Horcoff, he was suppose to step up and take his spot, but it is not a succes at this moment, which was predictable because he's still a rookie. With that said, Gagner isn't doing anything spectacular at this moment and he IS NOT better than Kostitsyn right now, because Sergei is way more complete of a player and Kostitsyn has as good playmaking skills if not better than Gagner.
WOW, I wasn't going to get in to this because I dont try to troll and generally just read on other teams boards but this post is just ill informed so I needed to respond. Let me just give you a little fact (sorry if my facts negatively impacts your random "fact" that is obviously contrived from pixie dust). Sam Gagner has 13 pts in the last 12 games. Horcoff has missed the last 12 games. This directly refutes your assumption that he has not stepped up his game since Horcoff went down.

I think its funny you say that he isn't producing as expected when all he has done all year is exceed expectations. Right now he is one of the best forwards on the team.

BTW I would also agree that Kostitsyn was a steal and is a player that any team would love to have right now.

Fincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 02:02 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmoose View Post
Umm no, he isn't trying to convince people that Kostitsyn will be better than Tavares. He was simply asking how Kostitsyn fell to the 7th round.

Try actually reading before having a hissy-fit.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote