HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

LMHF Game Report #27...(too consumed with rage to speak)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 06:06 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #27...(too consumed with rage to speak)

I was finally having fun again at an Oilers game, for the first time in a really long time, I was actually enjoying myself....

I know not to make that mistake with this team again.

I guess that's what I get for believing that maybe this year's edition of the Edmonton Oilers were good for something, despite the amount of players on the team that have no business even being on a half-decent hockey team, and the fact that they're coached by someone I could out-strategize.........I really thought for a second that maybe the fact that guys like Fernando Pisani and Ethan Moreau cared enough about the season that we'd get through, that our good players would be our good players finally and that we'd actually make THIS the year we proved which direction we were going.

But those thoughts died as Tommy the beached whale let in L.A.'s fourth goal, while Shawn Horcoff turned around and finally realized he'd been facing the wrong way on the play, and should maybe take his guy, or when Ryan Smyth selfishly went for an open net with Fernando Pisani streaking awaiting a flip-pass in the center zone. They all QUIT tonight, and I'm just sick of it.

There will be no formal player reports tonight, as a game like this does not warrant them, just general comments in the midst of a rant, because it's time for one.

If Ryan Smyth, Tommy Salo, Shawn Horcoff, Eric Brewer and Scott Ferguson were not on this team tomorrow, maybe I'd be slightly less angry. None of these players can be central ingredients on a winning NHL team. But that would only pacify me slightly if we no longer had our incompetent joke of a coach behind the bench. Way to protect that WHOLE ONE GOAL lead you ding-bat.

If Ales Hemsky, Raffi Torres, Radek Dvorak, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Jarret Stoll, and Ethan Moreau are not given a greater reward for what they bring to the team for the rest of the season, I'm gonna be flat-out steamed.

Mike Bishai, even though he shouldn't be here, was one of our best tonight, and HOW SAD IS THAT???

Radek Dvorak has become what Ryan Smyth used to be to this team. The offensive leader who gets things done, throws his body when need be, and gives it all every night.

Ryan Smyth has become a selfish wimp who won't go into a corner and makes BAD decisions. I cannot believe this guy has worn the 'C' recently. Ethan Moreau is out there PUMMELING people with a completely wrecked muscle in his chest, and you can't hit anyone........HERE'S A TICKET TO TAMPA PRINCESS!

Ales Hemsky and Raffi Torres were both benched at times.......WHY???

SIT BACK....SIT BACK...........SIT BACK.............I REALLY hope all you that want the Oilers to play defence in games where they have the lead enjoyed your loss tonight!

Andy Murray is an EXCELLENT coach. Time-out, got his players refocused, kept them primed and confident. His guidance, plus the fact that EVERY player on LA can shoot the puck well is why they haven't gone in the tank with their injuries.

ROMAN CECHMANEK is exactly who we should've grabbed in the offseason. He's inconsistent, he's erratic, he's not a good puckhandler, he dives and he's flat-out CRAZY, but ya know what? HE GETS THE JOB DONE. This guy is on such a level with his defencemen, it's amazing to see. He's out there talking to them all the time. It must be comforting knowing that your goalie knows what he wants done, will tell you that, and as long as you do your job, he can do his very well. He just wants it that badly out there every single night.

I'm really glad fans reacted with open rage tonight like they did. Not just another daw well loss in there tonight. People were actually REALLY mad.

Action must be taken, because if this team, or a worse one, is allowed to finish out the season, not only will we miss the playoffs, but several of the young players on this team will learn what it is like to have a losing attitude, and have a losing image of the organization, that would do possibly irrepairable damage, and certainly stunt development.

This game went way beyond dissappointment, way beyond disgust, I actually had a glimmer of hope, and a slight bit of fun......

And then my hockey team QUIT.

I'll likely be playing out the string, I don't know if I can enjoy another game this year, I'm just so sick of THIS feeling.

I think I'll quit my team next year, don't think those season tickets are getting renewed, maybe in a couple years, when we have some players who give a damn and a coach who I couldn't whup in a hockey-intelligence contest.

The possibly retiring at the end of the season LMHF#1 is OUT.........

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 02-01-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Old
02-01-2004, 06:12 AM
The Rage

What are yor thoughts on how Horcoff played tonight?

I really want to hear someone rip that punk.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:22 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
What are yor thoughts on how Horcoff played tonight?

Shawn-I get confusedid where da puck be at and wherez muh guyee.....oh DERE he izz behindz me shootin that dere black thingy into the net...wow he gooood-Horcoff was ACTUALLY on his way to recieving a decent grade, despite some bad defensive coverage as always, he had been fairly creative, and actually made a few nice passes. Then of course he realized again that he is the ANCHOR, and completely blew himself out of the water. Slacking off, quitting, just flat out being stupid, whatever you want to call it, he did it.

And WHY is this guy out there with the game on the line??? If you put a Noodle-arm MacGee into a baseball game to close in the 9th, you'd be fired as manager. If you put Shawn Horcoff out there with the game on the line, you should never coach in this league again.

NOTE: Consider this topic your venting post if you wish tonight. Whatever you want to spew, SPEW ON!

Old
02-01-2004, 06:24 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

good post. im tired of this team. have already begun tuning them out.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:33 AM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
If I saw him at a bar afterwards enjoying his hard-earned money I would take out his knees for the good of the hockey club. He is not an NHL player. He is an ECHL player who can skate and hold a stick. Thanks to MacT's insanity he now believes hes a leader on this club (did you see his comments after the last win? i actually dont even remember what team it was against)

I hate him. I hate alot about this team right now.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:33 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

My rage has been completely re-kindled.

TOMMY SALO nearly got Steve Staios KILLED.

And Shawn Horcoff was out for about 1:25 of the last 1:40...............

Old
02-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
My rage has been completely re-kindled.

TOMMY SALO nearly got Steve Staios KILLED.

And Shawn Horcoff was out for about 1:25 of the last 1:40...............
Watching the replay?

Dude, turn it off before you do something that gets you pepper sprayed...

Old
02-01-2004, 07:43 AM
oilforme

Lowe constructed this team and has even stated that he and MacT make decisions together.

We're ripping a team that has become composed of guys that are increasingly hard to cheer for and a coach that has a new 3 yr contract and the full support of his GM.

We should be ripping Lowe.

I actually find myself cheering quietly for the other team at the games quite often because I admire certain aspects of these teams. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to admire much about Lowe's version of the Edmonton Oilers.

This is the first time this has happened and I've been a season ticket holder for more years than I can remember. I'm starting to actively dislike this organization under the Lowe regime.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:45 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilforme
Lowe constructed this team and has even stated that he and MacT make decisions together.

We're ripping a team that has become composed of guys that are increasingly hard to cheer for and a coach that has a new 3 yr contract and the full support of his GM.

We should be ripping Lowe.

I actually find myself cheering quietly for the other team at the games quite often because I admire certain aspects of these teams. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to admire much about Lowe's version of the Edmonton Oilers.

This is the first time this has happened and I've been a season ticket holder for more years than I can remember. I'm starting to actively dislike this organization under the Lowe regime.
Join the club, I started it up a while ago.

Other than the cheering for other teams.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:52 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Watching the replay?

Dude, turn it off before you do something that gets you pepper sprayed...
Safe to say if I didn't know punching the wall with all you've got ends 95% of the time in hand breakage, I'd have done it by now. And if I had a punching bag, it'd be torn apart and leaking stuffing.

Currently the rage is just stewing......I don't envy the next person who annoys me......I really hope I run into the Anchor tomorrow somewhere, or even better, our Ronald McDonald wanna-be for a coach.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:11 AM
mackdogs*

I couldn't agree more with everything said. I left my place for a late dinner with the oil up 3-2 in the third and I prayed and knocked on wood that they could old it. I came back and made a quick prediction in my head of a 4-3 OT loss or a 3-3 tie and was not surprised at all when I saw the result. I'm beginning to think that giving any coach a multi-year contract is a bad idea, they are just too volatile. 1-2 year contract for any coach IMO is the way to go.

I have to ask though LMHF1, what's with the soft player being sent to Tampa comment? I don't understand this one.

See ya in 05-06 boys.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:15 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
I have to ask though LMHF1, what's with the soft player being sent to Tampa comment? I don't understand this one.
I want them to use Smyth to acquire Vinny Lecavalier.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:19 AM
momentai

Quote:
I want them to use Smyth to acquire Vinny Lecavalier.
I'd rather have Brad Richards on my team if I got to pick though...

Old
02-01-2004, 08:23 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I'd rather have Brad Richards on my team if I got to pick though...
Strong case can be made for either, but for goal-scoring ability, as well as availability, I go with Vinny. Always liked Brad, but I think our window to acquire him is likely closed.

And my favorite scoring-winger pickup not named Peter Bondra is also having a pretty decent season for T-Bay.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:27 AM
momentai

Quote:
Strong case can be made for either, but for goal-scoring ability, as well as availability, I go with Vinny. Always liked Brad, but I think our window to acquire him is likely closed.
I like Brad better because he gives a more consistent effort day-in day-out on the ice than Vinny. He's better defensively and still is able to score at a good pace.

While there may be clouds of availability surrounding Lecavalier and the fighting between him and Tortorella... I believe he would be the more difficult to procure on the premise that the media attention and hype would be much more prevalent in any trade talks with Tampa concerning Vinny's acquistion. IMO, that would play a major role in perceived value there.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:28 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I like Brad better because he gives a more consistent effort day-in day-out on the ice than Vinny. He's better defensively and still is able to score at a good pace.

While there may be clouds of availability surrounding Lecavalier and the fighting between him and Tortorella... I believe he would be the more difficult to procure on the premise that the media attention and hype would be much more prevalent in any trade talks with Tampa concerning Vinny's acquistion. IMO, that would play a major role in perceived value there.
Also very true. Who really knows I suppose, they'd probably try to send us Cory Stillman or something.....(and yes, I know he's having a good year)

Old
02-01-2004, 10:05 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

A final comment for the night.

Some may be crazy enough to say that there was alot of bad luck out there tonight....Couple posts, missed open net, 2 opposition goals with under 7 seconds remaining in periods, etc.

That's not bad luck.

That's finding ways to lose.

This team is full of experts on that subject.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:30 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
A final comment for the night.

Some may be crazy enough to say that there was alot of bad luck out there tonight....Couple posts, missed open net, 2 opposition goals with under 7 seconds remaining in periods, etc.

That's not bad luck.

That's finding ways to lose.

This team is full of experts on that subject.
My keychain says "the harder you work the luckier you get". It seems that LA is luckier than the Oilers in spite of their list of injured stars (Deadmarsh Palffy, Allison ...)

I wonder how Andy Murray does it? Maybe we could someone for him but he's likely on the untouchable list. You don't buy into the CBC theory that they're a team , do you?

Old
02-01-2004, 02:34 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
My keychain says "the harder you work the luckier you get". It seems that LA is luckier than the Oilers in spite of their list of injured stars (Deadmarsh Palffy, Allison ...)

I wonder how Andy Murray does it? Maybe we could someone for him but he's likely on the untouchable list. You don't buy into the CBC theory that they're a team , do you?
L.A. outworked Edmonton last night? What game were you watching?

As for Murray as coach, did anyone actually enjoy watching the Kings play last night? I'd go balistic if the Oilers iced the puck 12 times in the 1st period of a 0-0 tie.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:06 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
L.A. outworked Edmonton last night? What game were you watching?

As for Murray as coach, did anyone actually enjoy watching the Kings play last night? I'd go balistic if the Oilers iced the puck 12 times in the 1st period of a 0-0 tie.
I'll say one thing for LA, at least they iced the puck before the game was on the line as opposed to when it was on the line. You must have really gone ballistic at that.

My luck comment was in response to LMHF saying that there were those who might claim that the Oilers were unlucky, posts open net missed ...

Did LA outwork the Oilers when it mattered? Did you watch the last 2 minutes of the game? The bottom line is that a team missing it's star players beat a group of players that have more talent.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:05 PM
The Rage

Quote:
the rage is just stewing
I certainly am

Old
02-01-2004, 04:31 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
I'll say one thing for LA, at least they iced the puck before the game was on the line as opposed to when it was on the line. You must have really gone ballistic at that.
I did... but I nearly turned off the T.V. in the first. If it wasn't for the fact that you could tell the Oilers were really working out there and generating chances, I would have been playing some Madden.

Quote:
My luck comment was in response to LMHF saying that there were those who might claim that the Oilers were unlucky, posts open net missed ...

Did LA outwork the Oilers when it mattered? Did you watch the last 2 minutes of the game? The bottom line is that a team missing it's star players beat a group of players that have more talent.
L.A. outworked the Oilers in the last 2 minutes? I must have missed that part. The Oilers made some poor decisions (the icing, and with 13 seconds left, they were trying to score for some reason), but they weren't ourworked. L.A. capitalized on some poor decisions by the Oilers, but it wasn't for a lack of effort.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM

I totally agree....LA played smarter, got better goaltending and coaching, had way better defensive coverage and definitely outworked the Oilers on many different stretches...LA had, what 17 shots, plus a couple of posts, plus the Smyth save...why is Horcoff on the ice for the last 1:30 of the game?? He was on the ice for at least three Kings goals....he's terrible...

Last edited by Freudian slips: 02-01-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old
02-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Marconius

For all of you who still don't think MacT blindly plays favorites, explain to me:
Total Ice:21:53
Shifts: 31
PP Time: 2:22
SH Time:4:28
Even Strength Time: 15:03
-2 on the night....

Who do you think this savior is, the one who get pp time, sh time, the most shifts on the team and the most icetime for all forwards (and more ice time then everyone except Brewer & Ulanov)? The same guy who saw time in the last2 minutes of the game
C'mon guess?
Thats right Shawn Horcoff

If any of you know people who want to know whats wrong with the Oilers in a nutshell, please refer them to this post.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:54 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
L.A. outworked the Oilers in the last 2 minutes? I must have missed that part. The Oilers made some poor decisions (the icing, and with 13 seconds left, they were trying to score for some reason), but they weren't ourworked. L.A. capitalized on some poor decisions by the Oilers, but it wasn't for a lack of effort.
here's a comment that I stole from another forum, courtesy of BleedOil, on Horcoff and the last 2 minutes:
Quote:
On the winning goal, he stands beside Holland and makes a feeble hooking attempt. All he had to do was hook, hold or slash him. Take a penalty. Do whatever. Then you can add that he got himself thrown out of the faceoff circle on the third Kings goal.
You may equate Horcoff's lack of apparent effort to poor decision making, I claim it's lack of work / effort.

maybe I'll concede your point and claim that Oiler stupidity lost the game - be it management or player stupidity

Closed Thread