HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Isbister.

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Oilers Hockey

vCash: 500
Brad Isbister.

630 CHED reported he is listed day-to-day with an ankle sprain, but that it might even be more serious, like a break. I hope he gets better soon, I really appreciated the effort, heart, and determination this guy has shown this year. I'm sorry the goals weren't going in, Brad, but we all know you were giving it your best effort.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
630 CHED reported he is listed day-to-day with an ankle sprain, but that it might even be more serious, like a break. I hope he gets better soon, I really appreciated the effort, heart, and determination this guy has shown this year. I'm sorry the goals weren't going in, Brad, but we all know you were giving it your best effort.
When it rains, it's fricking acid rain.

I saw that tumble into the boards and thought right away that he was in trouble. Hopefully he'll be OK, but at this point he might as well rest it because this team just ate an 80's Tyson left hook and doesn't look to be beating the count anytime soon.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:45 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
NO...

Brad Isbister is listed day-today but it is NOT a break. Bill Tuele updated the media in the room and said they're not even sure if he'll miss anytime including practice tomorrow. Brad walked by and was barely limping and didn't appear to have anything on it. It looks like no big deal.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
NO...

Brad Isbister is listed day-today but it is NOT a break. Bill Tuele updated the media in the room and said they're not even sure if he'll miss anytime including practice tomorrow. Brad walked by and was barely limping and didn't appear to have anything on it. It looks like no big deal.
Thats good. The guy's really been growing on me lately.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
NO...

I'm not so sure about that. Jason Smith sprained his ankle and missed 14 games. It appeared like he crashed into the boards like Ryan Smyth a couple of years ago.

02-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Dale

Quote:
NO...

Brad is just a little "fragile". Constantly being knocked out of the lineup.He's been this way his whole career. Do you think it will change with the Oil? Hasn't so far.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I'm not so sure about that. Jason Smith sprained his ankle and missed 14 games. It appeared like he crashed into the boards like Ryan Smyth a couple of years ago.

Just telling you what I saw with my own to eyes five feet in front of me... Izzy walked by me and was barely limping on the one bare foot after the game. Bill Tuele, the boss of media relations for the team, told us that he was day-to-day but that is might be so minor that he won't miss anytime at all.

If the guy isn't limping and I'm told by the Oiler's PR guy that he's basically fine... I tend to go with that.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

From the Edmonton Sun

AROUND THE RINK: Isbister slid hard into the end boards early in the third period and left the game after having his right leg fold under him on impact.

From the Edmonton Journal

OIL DROPS ... Isbister left the game early in the third after he went down hard into the endboards. He did come back out five minutes later and tried to skate during a commercial break, but then headed back into the locker room.

ISBISTER HOBBLING

Brad Isbister left the game early in the third after he went down hard into the end boards. He did come back out five minutes later and tried to skate during a commercial break, but his left ankle is sprained. He will be reassessed today.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:26 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
i'm with you there. i think that brad is going to be a solid player for the oilers. no, not a 40 goal man but he could easily be a 25 - 25 guy with a physical presence. he's no bertuzzi and it's time that people stopped rating him against that marker.

yorkie started slow for the oilers too... now where would they be without him. actually, last nights collapse is a good indication of where the oilers would be without yorkie.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Any news on how serious Isbister's injury is. How the injury happened? Hopefully the injury didn't happen while racing for the puck to avoid an icing.

Last edited by Narnia: 02-01-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Closed Thread