HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone going to the game tomorrow?

Old
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Hemlor

vCash: 500
Anyone going to the game tomorrow?

Hi, just wondering if anyone will be at HSBC arena tomorrow night? I'll be there with the wife, should be fun. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to park, reasonably priced and SAFE. Maybe we can meet up for a beer durong the intermission or something, let me know.

thanks

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

have fun!!!!!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Clumsyhab

Be careful if you plan to wear a Habs jersey. I heard that the Sabres fans are really rough.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
22SteveBegin22

I will not be at the game tonight but I can recommend a good parking lot... if you're headed north on the 190, get off at exit 6 (Elm St.), and at the first traffic light, make a left onto Swann St. There is a parking lot immediately to your left after you make that turn. It's the cheapest parking around ($5), only a short walk to the arena, and very safe.

PLUS, the best part is after the game, you can walk to your car and get immediately back on the 190 without sitting in your car for 20 minutes listening to Lindy Ruff in his depressing voice over the radio talking about how Price shut his team down. In press conferences that guy always sounds like all he wants to do is go home and get drunk and fall asleep on his porch. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Have fun! Don't sing the Ole song!

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
iamtalbot

Being as I am reading this page today (Friday) so yes I am going to the game tomorrow (Saturday) against the Devils.

And I couldn't be more excited about it. It will be a long road trip to Montreal for my first Bell Centre game!!!

iamtalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
22SteveBegin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtalbot View Post
Being as I am reading this page today (Friday) so yes I am going to the game tomorrow (Saturday) against the Devils.

And I couldn't be more excited about it. It will be a long road trip to Montreal for my first Bell Centre game!!!
You, then, should ignore my parking advice. It would be an unreasonably long walk from that lot to the Bell Centre... especially with the border crossing.

Old
02-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22 View Post
I will not be at the game tonight but I can recommend a good parking lot... if you're headed north on the 190, get off at exit 6 (Elm St.), and at the first traffic light, make a left onto Swann St. There is a parking lot immediately to your left after you make that turn. It's the cheapest parking around ($5), only a short walk to the arena, and very safe.

PLUS, the best part is after the game, you can walk to your car and get immediately back on the 190 without sitting in your car for 20 minutes listening to Lindy Ruff in his depressing voice over the radio talking about how Price shut his team down. In press conferences that guy always sounds like all he wants to do is go home and get drunk and fall asleep on his porch. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Have fun! Don't sing the Ole song!
Thanks for the info, Swan St. does seem pretty cleos (only an inch away from the arena on Google Maps). I am excited about the game tonight. By the way, is it safe to wear a Habs Jersey, I am not a rowdy fan so I won't be looking for problems

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 01:15 PM
22SteveBegin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
Thanks for the info, Swan St. does seem pretty cleos (only an inch away from the arena on Google Maps). I am excited about the game tonight. By the way, is it safe to wear a Habs Jersey, I am not a rowdy fan so I won't be looking for problems
Don't worry at all... I have worn a Habs jersey to every game I've ever been to at HSBC/the former Marine Midland Arena (at least 20 in my lifetime) and I've never had a problem. There's usually a lot of CH/bleu/blanc/rouge there, so all it does is help you get into conversations with other random Habs fans, especially if you wear an uncommon one like my Steve Begin jersey. Actually a couple of Buffalo fans have told me they're bummed we got him off waivers. Buffalo has great hockey fans, you won't have any trouble.

There are closer lots to park in than the Swan one, but they cost more and you're sitting in your car for a long time afterward waiting for the traffic to clear. If you want to park closer, keep going down Swan until the intersection with Washington, then turn left onto Washington and there will be a parking garage on your left (with the "EARLY BIRD" sign... DON'T go into the garage on your right).

Man I wish I were going tonight...

Old
02-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Im going to the game. My uncle has the tickets though so im not sure where the seats are.

I will have my white price jersey on, maybe you can spot me somewhere.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote