HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brenden Morrow, amazing player.

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Fantasywonder

vCash: 500
Brenden Morrow, amazing player.

I am a lurker that posts every now and then, I notice which type of player gets mentioned alot and which not. But it amazes me how little credit Brenden Morrow has gotten around here. The kid is like 24 and already the best player of his team, he already wears an A, leads the PK, and if anyone saw tonights game against the Yotes knows that he can be a downright dominant player. He scored a hattrick, recorded 9! hits, and was everywhere with a game high icetime of 24 minutes. Morrow also missed an empty net oppertunity (hit the side), and 2 breakaways, I am not kidding, he could have gotten as much as 6 or 7, he was that much involved. But what's weird is that Morrow plays like this every night and every shift, he never gives up and is one of the toughest 5'11 players I've seen.

Just saying that his type should get some more credit around here, personally, he's been every bit as important as the Datsuyks and Tanguay's, if not more..

Old
02-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasywonder
The kid is like 24 and already the best player of his team,
Some of us share your enthusiasm for Morrow. There was a thread or two where he was praised highly for his energetic, never-give-up style of play. I don't know what you mean by "best player on his team". I certainly would never go that far because he just isn't.

I love him, he's my favorite Star, but he's got limitations.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Fantasywonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Some of us share your enthusiasm for Morrow. There was a thread or two where he was praised highly for his energetic, never-give-up style of play. I don't know what you mean by "best player on his team". I certainly would never go that far because he just isn't.

I love him, he's my favorite Star, but he's got limitations.
He's most definitely been the Stars best player this season. He continued where he left, as IMHO he was also their MVP in last years playoffs. I'm not saying he's better than Jere Lehtinen or Mike Modano, but he sure has outplayed the two this season, no one has been as important up till now..

Old
02-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I pretty much agree with Vlad. I don't think there has been any underestimating or under appreciation of Morrow here. Best player on his team though? Not in my book.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Fantasywonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I pretty much agree with Vlad. I don't think there has been any underestimating or under appreciation of Morrow here. Best player on his team though? Not in my book.
I am not too sure, if you consider appreciation how he works his butt off all the time, maybe. But he does so many things right that go unnoticed. He's among the best defensive checking wingers in the league and is on pace for over 50 points on a team where everyone enjoys sub-par seasons.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:19 PM
kenabnrmal

He's a very good player who had a great game. You said it yourself, he's on pace for 23 goals, 50 points. Very good numbers for a two-way player such as himself, and I never like to get caught up in numbers, but hardly enough for a player to be considered "amazing". He's definitely a very good player. He has potential the potential to improve even more. However, you're stretching it quite a bit.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Fantasywonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
He's a very good player who had a great game. You said it yourself, he's on pace for 23 goals, 50 points. Very good numbers for a two-way player such as himself, and I never like to get caught up in numbers, but hardly enough for a player to be considered "amazing". He's definitely a very good player. He has potential the potential to improve even more. However, you're stretching it quite a bit.
I think he is amazing since he knows no flaws and does everything consistently. To me, that makes him every bit as valueble as say a 70/80 point player with flashy stickhandling abilities.

Jere Lehtinen is just a 40/50 point two-way forward as well, but I have a hard time believing he isn't an amazing player.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:01 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasywonder
I think he is amazing since he knows no flaws and does everything consistently. To me, that makes him every bit as valueble as say a 70/80 point player with flashy stickhandling abilities.

Jere Lehtinen is just a 40/50 point two-way forward as well, but I have a hard time believing he isn't an amazing player.
Gretzky, Lemieux, Hull, Yzerman...these are "amazing" hockey players to me. Guys who could do things almost no one else could. A guy that works hard at both ends of the rink and shows up every night is admirable. Very admirable. Just doesn't "amaze" me.

Closed Thread