HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beautiful video

Old
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
R4lph B4ckstrom

vCash: 500
Any Habs montage with this song makes me shed tears.

And I'm not even gay...

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 12:11 PM
dutchy29

It was such an ironic year, I had been following the Habs since I was ten and even watched the 86 cup, WoW I'm F*&#*ing old. Anyway for some reason I taped the replays of every Habs goal that year (93) with the ole VHS, by the time it got to the conference final I couldnt believe they were actually going all the way. It was a great momento to have and watched it for a couple years after, anyway a few years after that my younger brother got a hold of it and taped over it, Oh well, all those overtime wins are vivid in my otherwise terrible memory, I was 19.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

This video is also ****ING AWESOME. I'm so pumped up after watching this video, holy ****!!! WOW!!!!
Video is awesome but you don't go wrong with the mixture of songs and with Nightwish and Planet Hell.....This whole album is ****ing unbelievable!!!!

Shouldn't somebody go to some Habs brass and show that to them. Do you imagine how it would pumped the crowd before a game? I know they don't need that to be pumped but still.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:06 PM
David_99

How was this series not yet put out on DVD? It'd sell out in a day. I remember seeing a Rangers compilation at the video store after 94. Then the Devils in 95. Why the hell wasn't this series collected!?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM
icerocket

That part of Roy winking is legendary. Great vid!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Lafleur77

second best spring of my life, 86 was my first!!!

Lafleur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
habfan4

A good story lines in the 93 cup run.

Down 2 games to the Nords coming back beating them 4 straight.
The "4-3" series sweep against the Sabres (closest sweep in history?)
10 overtime wins in a row
Brian Bellows & Denis Savard's first Cup
Desjardins hat trick in the finals (a first for a dman in SCF history)
The stick measurement
The wink

Classic from start to finish.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Netro

Great memories, great times.

Went to game #6 vs Nords, Game #4 in Buffalo, Game #1 vs NYI and Game #1 vs LA.

Game #6 vs Nords, the forum was rocking. Dipietro's Hat Trick was awesome!

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Carbonneau, LecLaire, Muller, Damphousse, Roy, Desjardins and Keane... they were so awesome in that playoffs and they were all traded for a bunch of ****ing stupidities. This is why it riles me up when people suggest trading guys like Chipchura, Higgins, Plekanec Komisarek, Price and even Latendresse(and S.Kost ) for the "right" deal. Theres no right deal for guys like that, you keep them end of story.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:22 PM
lou4gehrig

Brisebois is all over those highlights. Well...celebrating and not actually doing anything useful... that's sort of like 2008.... hmmm. Can't believe he stayed and Desjardins and Schneider left...

I just remember how happy everybody was to win the cup with Denis Savard...

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 05:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4lph B4ckstrom View Post
Any Habs montage with this song makes me shed tears.

And I'm not even gay...
Wait..

What are you being sarcastic about?

That any montage with that song makes you shed tears?
Or that you are in fact gay?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 10:08 PM
guapo23

It's crazy to see how young most of you on this board are.

I can remember a bit from the 79 cup win with Gainey winning the Conn Smythe.
I vividly remember the 86 cup win : particularly Claude Lemieux's backhand goal vs Hartford.

I remember the crushing loss in the finals in 89 to Calgary.

But the 93 win was the best.
Went straight to the Forum after the cup win.
Was insane !

guapo23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 03:16 AM
Beakermania*

These videos bring up so much emotion.... I shed a tear or two watching them.

I started watching hockey in 1989.... Patrick Roy's dominance that season was the reason I became a hab fan... I remember crying when the Flames won the cup.

1990, 1991, and 1992 were all bitter defeats, two of the three were to the bruins i think, but i could be wrong.... I just remember not wanting to play the bruins in those years as they seemed to have our number for a little while there.

In 1993 I was 12, and my parents decided i was old enough to stay up for the finish of every game played in the eastern time zone even on school nights (missed one of the LA games, but the other was on a Saturday, can't remember which one.... The previous rule had been I could only stay up if the game was a potential elimination game... ie habs had either won or lost 3 in the series already) The year started out so promising, we were fighting for first overall... However a late season swoon left us 5th overall and 3rd in the division, we didn't even get home ice in the first round. The Nords opened up a 2-0 lead in the series, but i never lost faith.... we'd win game 3 in our first OT win of those magical playoffs and never look back.... taking four in a row over the nords, including muller's magic OT winner in game 5.

The second round was against the Sabres who had upset the Bruins. I was thankful for that. We now had home ice. All four games were won 4-3, with games 2, 3 and 4 being decided in OT. I remember the Sabres dominating us one of the OTs and Roy stopping 8 or 9 shots in a row before Gilbert Dionne tipped in a point shot to give the habs the game.... I also remember the OT winner by Muller in game 4.

The Isles had upset Cup favorites, and two time defending champion Penguins... .but their magic had run out. The habs would take a 3-0 series lead and tie the record of 11 consecutive victories in one playoff held by a couple other teams at the time... This series I remember OT goals by Stephen Lebeau (rocket slapshot) and Guy Carbonneau (one-timere off Healeys pad and in).

In the finals i remember LA dominating game one, a 4-1 loss where our only goal came off gretzky's stick.... Game 2 was the Desjardins/illegal stick game... The emotion when he tied it was insane, and the feelings for the winner were even better.... My memory of the LA games is fuzzy, as i only got to watch part of one, and all of the other, they have blended together, I remember close games that Leclair won for us in OT..... Game 5 was awesome.... My dad bought champagne that day and put it on ice, it was ready for the habs to win the cup. I remember Dipietro with 2 goals and Muller with what would be the eventual winner. It was a hell of an experience.

I can honestly say that this years team has me excited in ways I havent been since the end of the Roy era... (i won't say 93 cause that would be a lie) as long as Roy was here I believed in the habs having a shot at the Cup, when he left I didn't get the same feeling....This years HABS, I have to say I BELIEVE!!!

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:06 AM
dzd ncnfzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin View Post
Carbonneau, LecLaire, Muller, Damphousse, Roy, Desjardins and Keane... they were so awesome in that playoffs and they were all traded for a bunch of ****ing stupidities. This is why it riles me up when people suggest trading guys like Chipchura, Higgins, Plekanec Komisarek, Price and even Latendresse(and S.Kost ) for the "right" deal. Theres no right deal for guys like that, you keep them end of story.
Exactly what I was going to say...Desjardins,Leclair, Kirk,Keane.......and Roy; What stupidity. (And one finger Carbonneau...Haven't we all done the finger?) And nostalgia for Radio Canada.....La Soiree du Hockey....

dzd ncnfzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:53 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
It's crazy to see how young most of you on this board are.
Well, I have seen Doug Harvey, Jacques Plante and Dickie Moore play live. Plus of course, Jean Beliveau, Gilles Tremblay, Henri Richard, Robert Dirk and many other greats.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
It was such an ironic year, I had been following the Habs since I was ten and even watched the 86 cup, WoW I'm F*&#*ing old. Anyway for some reason I taped the replays of every Habs goal that year (93) with the ole VHS, by the time it got to the conference final I couldnt believe they were actually going all the way. It was a great momento to have and watched it for a couple years after, anyway a few years after that my younger brother got a hold of it and taped over it, Oh well, all those overtime wins are vivid in my otherwise terrible memory, I was 19.

How did your brother die, was it a long suffering death, or was it quick and painless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
How was this series not yet put out on DVD? It'd sell out in a day. I remember seeing a Rangers compilation at the video store after 94. Then the Devils in 95. Why the hell wasn't this series collected!?
I have the 93 Habs compilation on VHS somewhere stored away. I've been meaning to transfer it over to DVD, but just never have the time.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-01-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
True_Canadiens

Yea thats a real nice video. Makes me think of another video of the best highlights of the 20th century made by ESPN in 2000. I know its not a Habs video but theres a few habs moments in it. Every real sport fan must watch this one at least once.

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM
zednik20

enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EkEQk-z0eU

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:50 PM
StlRams514