HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

So why is Chipchura in Hamilton again?

Old
02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
albertabound

vCash: 500
Does the Habs not do thier homework? Chips played wing in WHL on Colinton's line. I liked better as awinger rather then a center always in the corners battling for the puck .

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Does the Habs not do thier homework? Chips played wing in WHL on Colinton's line. I liked better as awinger rather then a center always in the corners battling for the puck .
Centres do that too.

He is a very smart player and very tough to beat down-low. I think he's better than Grabovsky too, regardless of the numbers in Hamilton. We can use his size more in the playoffs.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
He has giving up the puck a lot and was making bad plays with the puck. You need to be able to move the puck a split second faster than in the AHL and he must learn that. He was thinking too much out there. A lot of ice time with the Dogs will help him a lot, let's be patient he's gonna be a keeper soon.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Because of caca poopoo pipi

/thread

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Chips is better than Lapierre but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be with the big club right now.

Gainey sent him down to give him lots of icetime. If he's not getting it with us it makes no sense to have him here right now.

He'll be with us for the playoffs, book it now.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:10 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He has giving up the puck a lot and was making bad plays with the puck. You need to be able to move the puck a split second faster than in the AHL and he must learn that. He was thinking too much out there. A lot of ice time with the Dogs will help him a lot, let's be patient he's gonna be a keeper soon.
He made some mistakes but made more good plays. I really liked his his game.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Only logical answer.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM
MXD

Chipchura has a chance to play on the Habs Top-6 someday, while Lapierre clearly lacks the vision for this. So they think it's a better ideo to give Chipchura lots of icetime with offensive responsibilities, rather than to give him Bot-6 icetime with mainly defensive responsibilites.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:33 PM
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
Haven't you heard, Hamilton is the best place in Canada to learn French
they also have the best bagels tooo apearently

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 02:36 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
they also have the best bagels tooo apearently
Lol the bagel wars.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Chipchura has a chance to play on the Habs Top-6 someday, while Lapierre clearly lacks the vision for this. So they think it's a better ideo to give Chipchura lots of icetime with offensive responsibilities, rather than to give him Bot-6 icetime with mainly defensive responsibilites.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also Laps brings a different dimension this team lacks... good agitator, and more physical than Chips.

Chips definitely has a better offensive upside, thinks the game very well.

Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
thank you for that, it's ve been a long time since i laughed that hard, that really caught me by surprise

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
I sorta disagree with you there. I see Chipchura as an elite 3rd line centre, shutting down the top lines and pitching in with some points. He doesn't have the offensive upside I'd like to see in a second line centre.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:47 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
is he really slated to play in the top 6? I thought most of us thought he would end up becoming a great third line C.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I sorta disagree with you there. I see Chipchura as an elite 3rd line centre, shutting down the top lines and pitching in with some points. He doesn't have the offensive upside I'd like to see in a second line centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
is he really slated to play in the top 6? I thought most of us thought he would end up becoming a great third line C.
Well guys it all depends on how you look at the Habs and what you want the 2nd centre to be.

Will Chipchura be the 2nd highest point producing centre? I don't believe so.
But could he be the centre that plays 20 minutes a game and shuts down top offensive players along with posting good offensive numbers and a superb +/- ratio? Yeah I believe he can.

His offensive game has suprised me though I think next year I would love to see Latendresse and Chipchura play more together they really read eachother well and both are excellent at protecting the puck. Together they could really do some damge cycling the puck down low.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:48 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
It's a simple numbers game, really. Grabovski, Lapierre and Chipchura cannot all be up at the same time.

Tough luck for Chips, but of the three, he has the most to learn at the AHL level, I'd say.
Actually if Chips is called back up I believe that the Bulldogs and Copps Col will implode. Possibly hamilton too!

If you care for the people of Hamilton, leave Chips alone!

Seriously. The up and down is done. We have to get ready for the playoffs. Injuries aside this is our roster

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
The Man has a point.........

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
While this is ultimately wher i think he will end up, I don't weant to cap his potential and say he will never bring enough offence to be on the second line. Lets remember that Plekanec was once seen as our future third line centre...

I think Chipchura could develop into a Mike Peca type. In his Prime Mike Peca was Centring the 2nd best offensive line for the Isles. However his defensive game was good enough that they matched his line against other teams top lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Actually if Chips is called back up I believe that the Bulldogs and Copps Col will implode. Possibly hamilton too!

If you care for the people of Hamilton, leave Chips alone!

Seriously. The up and down is done. We have to get ready for the playoffs. Injuries aside this is our roster
Hamilton knows their role....
Montreal Canadiens are far and away the Number 1 priority.... winning in hamilton is only good because it helps players develop for their eventual play in Montreal... If its more important to have a player in Montreal for the 4th line the Habs take him. Little concern is placed on decimating the hamilton team if the guy makes even a slight improvement to the Montreal roster.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
He will be back for the playoffs and be our secret weapon

Mark my words.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Iwishihadacup

Latendresse-chipchura-pacioretty

(had to speculate)

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Erika

Chipchura ? mehhh... A slow skater, with limited offensive upside and some good defensive awareness... a future okay 3rd liner/good 4th liner to me.

He is not in the NHL, because he does too many mistakes in his own zone and suck at faceoff (which is his role to be a good defensive player). So he didn't do his job, he was sent down to work on theses aspects...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote