HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospects Discussion (Juniors, NCAA, RSL, ECHL etc - No Pack Discussion)

Old
03-07-2008, 08:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Now it says Sanguinetti again!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Very strange..and according to that scoring..he tied it up 1 second after the other team scored....Must have been one hell of a slap shot off the center ice faceoff

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Very strange..and according to that scoring..he tied it up 1 second after the other team scored....Must have been one hell of a slap shot off the center ice faceoff
i could do that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
squishy

Cherepanov scored a goal to tie the game at 1-1 in the first period today, but Omsk went on to lose to Dynamo 3-2 in game 4 of their first round series. Their season is over.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:17 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Now that their season is over Sather should get Cherepanov here now.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Avy*

How in the earth Cherepanov ended without at least 1 assist in this game it's beyond me. Why Avangard coach trowed Cherepanov in 3rd line with
Popov and Zdanov?! Cherepanov was invisible in second game aside from pass in OT but in this game he made 2 sure fire passes on Popov and Zdanov . Pathetic, these guys just can't finish to save his life's. Moreover Cherepanov was cool in D, broke couple nice Dynamo attacks.
He is clutch, he was great last year in play-offs and he was even better this year, and he was always clutch for NT in WJC, WC aside from final Russia-Canada match in 2007. Also he is not ready.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
How in the earth Cherepanov ended without at least 1 assist in this game it's beyond me. Why Avangard coach trowed Cherepanov in 3rd line with
Popov and Zdanov?! Cherepanov was invisible in second game aside from pass in OT but in this game he made 2 sure fire passes on Popov and Zdanov . Pathetic, these guys just can't finish to save his life's. Moreover Cherepanov was cool in D, broke couple nice Dynamo attacks.
He is clutch, he was great last year in play-offs and he was even better this year, and he was always clutch for NT in WJC, WC aside from final Russia-Canada match in 2007. Also he is not ready.

hey avy, not ready for the nhl or to come over and get a pto contract from hartford?

i would love to see him with Ani down the stretch into the playoffs

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
hey avy, not ready for the nhl or to come over and get a pto contract from hartford?

i would love to see him with Ani down the stretch into the playoffs
I wouldn't, AHL=gigantic blender suitable for producing useful 3rd liners. He can make Rangers out of camp but i don't want him to learn from career AHLers.

Old
03-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Nich

Quote:
I wouldn't, AHL=gigantic blender suitable for producing useful 3rd liners. He can make Rangers out of camp but i don't want him to learn from career AHLers.
but don't you think that playing with them for the playoffs might give him some idea of what it is like to play in NA?

also, maybe it would be good because he would get guidance on how to add some lean muscle for next year, hence only improving his chance of landing on broadway?

Old
03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
ThirdEye

I really hope we see him on the Rangers next year. Let him build some muscle and work on his game in the offseason and try to make the team when the time comes.

I think he can do it without an AHL stint

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Anisimov doesn't look like a future 3rd liner.

Brandon Dubinsky isn't a 3rd liner.

Nigel Dawes isn't a 3rd liner.

The Rangers program at Hartford is a top notch developmental program, Avy. Not filled with career minor leaguers as you seem to think.

Old
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Anisimov doesn't look like a future 3rd liner.

Brandon Dubinsky isn't a 3rd liner.

Nigel Dawes isn't a 3rd liner.

The Rangers program at Hartford is a top notch developmental program, Avy. Not filled with career minor leaguers as you seem to think.
or as it use to be pre 2004

Old
03-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Avy*

Quote:
but don't you think that playing with them for the playoffs might give him some idea of what it is like to play in NA?

also, maybe it would be good because he would get guidance on how to add some lean muscle for next year, hence only improving his chance of landing on broadway?
If it's short stint in AHL, yea but whole season in AHL is big no no for Cherepanov. Imagine coach demanding "more energy and hit somebody" from Cherepanov. One more year of experience in RSL, and good preseason. Anisimov situation was different, he was 3rd liner in Lokomotiv, for him just playing games and not rotting in lower lines in strong RSL team is good thing. Cherepanov with Koluzny i think next season will be main Avangard weapon, he gonna play ton's of minutes, gain experience etc.

Old
03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
If it's short stint in AHL, yea but whole season in AHL is big no no for Cherepanov. Imagine coach demanding "more energy and hit somebody" from Cherepanov. One more year of experience in RSL, and good preseason. Anisimov situation was different, he was 3rd liner in Lokomotiv, for him just playing games and not rotting in lower lines in strong RSL team is good thing. Cherepanov with Koluzny i think next season will be main Avangard weapon, he gonna play ton's of minutes, gain experience etc.
Avy -- you're not getting it here. The Hartford system isn't like some bumble**** system like a lot of other teams have. The system is SOLELY for prospect development. You don't see the team playing AHL vets over prospects for the sake of winning.

They even went out and acquired PA Parenteu -- a very high skill player -- to help increase team scoring and line scoring. Great move, IMO.

If Cherry plays in the AHL in Hartford, he'll be getting 1st line ice time and be getting the best offensive players the team has. He won't be stuck with scrubs and journeymen.

Old
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Nich

Quote:
Avy -- you're not getting it here. The Hartford system isn't like some bumble**** system like a lot of other teams have. The system is SOLELY for prospect development. You don't see the team playing AHL vets over prospects for the sake of winning.

They even went out and acquired PA Parenteu -- a very high skill player -- to help increase team scoring and line scoring. Great move, IMO.

If Cherry plays in the AHL in Hartford, he'll be getting 1st line ice time and be getting the best offensive players the team has. He won't be stuck with scrubs and journeymen.
cherry - ani - pa?

that sounds like a very dangerous line.....

Old
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
cherry - ani - pa?

That line would likely lead the league in scoring.

Old
03-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Nich

Quote:
That line would likely lead the league in scoring.
probably. i mean ani in front of the net with one d man, and which of cherry or PA does the other d man cover? automatic mis-match!

then add hutch or pock on the points, and it would be a offensive machine.....now, their d might be a different story

Old
03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
NYR Viper

i would really like to see cheraponov over right now.....even if he doesnt play, just to practice.....the more ice-time a young player can get, the better.....it will allow him to get used to NA and catch both some AHL games and NHL games from the stands as he gets precious ice-time.....plus maybe he could just watch jagr since he is his role model.....i think it would be for the best to get him over asap, even if they decide to send him back for another year.....let him see what it is like during playoff time here

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:00 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
teach him english fast

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

According to Bob Crawford, Chere could come over to the Pack (would be an ATO contract) but he hasn't heard anything about it happening.

Quote:
Would the same rule apply for Alexei Cherepanov in Russia? Is there any chance that he can come over here after his season is done?

Technically, Kevin, Cherepanov could come over at the end of his Russian team's season and play for the Wolf Pack on a tryout contract, like Lauri Korpikoski did two springs ago. I have not heard, however, any rumblings of that happening.
If he can get over here next year, he may start out in Hartford to get use to the NA game, though I imagine it will depend greatly on how he does in training camp and preseason. I'm sure he'll be among the last sent down if he is sent down.

Of course, we have to get him over here first. The two-week notice rule that Malkin used no longer applies because the Russians changed the laws governing contracts. The only way Chere can get over here next year is if Avangard agrees to let him out of his contract. They may want some sort of payment to do that and I'm not sure if the Rangers can pay them anything without violating the CBA. There's been a lot of talk about it recently, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

Maybe the Russians will sign the transfer agreement before next year (but not before Filatov drops to us in the draft )

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Ola

I wouldn't mind if Chere didn't came over right away.

Sure he defenitly needs to adopt to the NA game. But he also needs to add like 10 lbs of quality muscles. He is a young kid who have had a long season already. Gooing to HFD could easily prolong his season with another month -- with pretty tough and grinding hockey.

The best option is probably if he can get gooing with the off season ASAP.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 04:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I wouldn't mind if Chere didn't came over right away.

Sure he defenitly needs to adopt to the NA game. But he also needs to add like 10 lbs of quality muscles. He is a young kid who have had a long season already. Gooing to HFD could easily prolong his season with another month -- with pretty tough and grinding hockey.

The best option is probably if he can get gooing with the off season ASAP.
see what if he comes over and starts working with the trainers for the rangers.....and just practices with the wolf pack......i would think it would be easier for him to be in the culture before starting to play so it all doesnt seem over-bearing.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 04:35 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I want him over here....

Let him start learning the English language w/ Anisimov.... Let Gernander get his hands on him.....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I want him over here....

Let him start learning the English language w/ Anisimov.... Let Gernander get his hands on him.....
I am not sure if he is ready for the AHL physically.

Whats not good is he comes to HFD, plays 3 games and gets a serious concussion or something...

We should be patient with him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
cherry - ani - pa?

Id like to see the Rangers give Parenteau a few games during the preseason, maybe he can be a late bloomer. he does have offensive skill.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote