HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where does the braintrust go from here?

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Where does the braintrust go from here?

Well, after reading this morning's paper I see it's not the coach's fault, so we can move right to the players.

Last night's loss was devastating on every level, the way it was lost, HOW it was lost, who lost it, and what it does.

What should the boss do?

He's already stated that the coach is one of the best in the NHL, so he can't go there.

The one area he has managed to shore up this season is defense, so his work is likely done until the deadline unless he trades one of them away.

Tommy has been very inconsistent, and they could go out and get a goalie, but it seems unlikely.

I think last night's game will affect the forwards. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hemsky sent out, and it's pretty clear that this team needs help at center.

I bet there's a trade coming, likely involving Chimera or Rita, a pick and maybe (just maybe) a defenseman.

The only other option is for Kevin Lowe to come out with his "we're going to be evaluating everyone from now until the deadline" speech and I see no indications that'll happen.

So, one of these young forwards is going to go, to make room for someone MacT is more comfortable using when the game is on the line.

Jason Chimera for Kelly Buchberger, that sort of thing. It's horrible, but I bet it happens.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
mrush

if they send hemsky down, they are retarded and i'll never support the oilers ever again until hemsky gets decent minutes on a decent line and on the pp when he can be good playing with players who can actually shoot and receieve a pass.

i say klo trades smith soon for someone and mact makes horcoff the captain.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:45 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

I swear if that trade happens I am going to not renew my season's tickets next year.

If Lowe wants to trade some of our high profile players away and give this years playoffs a toss, I am fine with that. But if he starts trading away our young talent for older veterens I will lose it.

We are not a cup contending team, even if we could make the playoffs we would be out first round. There is NO reason we should be trading our young players for vets right now.

I am livid at Mac-T, he has got to go. I respect what he did for the Oilers as a player, but he has completely lost this team as a coach and needs to be replaced. Nolan anyone?

Old
02-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Bohologo

I think this is only the second time this has happened since I've been on this board, but I'm not sure I completely agree with Lowetide, and here's why: Lowe really, really hates to lose.

While he & MacT are good buddies from way back, I bet Lowe likes winning more than loyalty-didn't take him long to ship Jani Niinimaa, who was a true-blue Oiler. If Lowe truly believes MacT is sexy to 20 other NHL teams, he'll tie a can to the coach if it will get him more wins, and MacT's contract picked up elsewhere.

Although there's some criticism of Lowe's GM moves, they show motion (rather than movement, like on Long Island) in one direction: post-2004. Lowe has been mostly consistent on that point, Oates & Dopita debacles notwithstanding.

Much as I love Bucky-I think his number ought to be retired for his play in Edmonton-I don't think the GM will place MacTavish's apparent need to Use Grinders Exclusively Because Skill Guys Aren't How I Played All Those Years With No Helmet over Lowe's obvious desire to win. Lowe will stay the course, Hemsky will stay put, and MacT is on thin ice-let's not forget the owners, who must be calling for blood.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Oiltalk

You wouldn't be surprised to see Hemsky sent out? This is his sophomore year, the year where many expected him to struggle a bit. I think giving up on a player like him takes away from everything the Oilers are trying to do for the future, in turning young guys into players.

Laraque is turning it on right now, so if he maintains his level of play does Lowe keep him or try to get the best trade possible? I'd deal him IMO, for the fear of him going into the next season floating along and not contributing.

One of Smith or Staios will be moved by the deadline. I would keep Smith over Staios, for many reasons, and also I think Staios has the higher trade value of the two currently.

After watching Smyth last night it's quite obvious he has all the heart and determination in the world, but that only goes so far when your not producing. Torres is stepping up, Isbister is starting to come around. Moreau is a fix. Rita will soon get his chance. Chimera is there. One of these guys has to go, and Smyth would be most logical, considering the Oilers need talent on center.

Can't wait to see how things pan out in the next few months.

Old
02-01-2004, 03:54 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
You wouldn't be surprised to see Hemsky sent out? This is his sophomore year, the year where many expected him to struggle a bit. I think giving up on a player like him takes away from everything the Oilers are trying to do for the future, in turning young guys into players.

Laraque is turning it on right now, so if he maintains his level of play does Lowe keep him or try to get the best trade possible? I'd deal him IMO, for the fear of him going into the next season floating along and not contributing.

One of Smith or Staios will be moved by the deadline. I would keep Smith over Staios, for many reasons, and also I think Staios has the higher trade value of the two currently.

After watching Smyth last night it's quite obvious he has all the heart and determination in the world, but that only goes so far when your not producing. Torres is stepping up, Isbister is starting to come around. Moreau is a fix. Rita will soon get his chance. Chimera is there. One of these guys has to go, and Smyth would be most logical, considering the Oilers need talent on center.

Can't wait to see how things pan out in the next few months.
laraque should be traded now, he thinks he's a superstar after that goal and got all this icetime and didnt do anything after, he'll go 20+ games with no scoring whatsoever. He didnt even fight why not? we were down 2-0, he could have fought thats what we pay him to do but he doesnt? what a waste of 1.3mil, and the oates salary of 2mil or less or something, we could have gotten a decent player with that money.

also you think chimera is a young talented player??

imo he absolutely sucks, all he has is speed to get by players and he rarely uses it or gets cut right off, package him with staios and get a decent player.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:02 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
laraque should be traded now, he thinks he's a superstar after that goal and got all this icetime and didnt do anything after, he'll go 20+ games with no scoring whatsoever. He didnt even fight why not? we were down 2-0, he could have fought thats what we pay him to do but he doesnt? what a waste of 1.3mil, and the oates salary of 2mil or less or something, we could have gotten a decent player with that money.

imo he absolutely sucks, all he has is speed to get by players and he rarely uses it or gets cut right off, package him with staios and get a decent player.
Yes I do, I think he is struggling in his sophmore year, but he has all the tools to be a good NHL player. He just needs to put it together.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:

Where did I say he was talented?
The way I think it should be here is:

Torres
Isbister
Moreau
Rita
Chimera

Smyth is traded for a good center.

?
Horcoff
Reasoner
Stoll
going into next season.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Allan

Quote:
I think (or maybe just hope) that he meant sent out to the farm. It could do him a world of good to have some success for a while.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I think (or maybe just hope) that he meant sent out to the farm. It could do him a world of good to have some success for a while.
The way that he worded it meant trade. He mentioned it in another thread. He is the last guy I would be trading away on this team.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Brock

I'll give my thoughts as a person who watches the Oilers as his second favourite team to the Leafs.

You could look at last night's loss in two ways really. The optomistic view (that none of you seem to be taking) that this team is young and still trying to find their path, and that they played very well in that game up until about the last 5 minutes. Or the pessimistic view, that this team doesn't have enough heart at the moment, to try and complete games and come out with 100% consistency.

Personally, I think it's somewhere in between.

I have to admit that I'm really confused as to what Craig Mactavish's coaching style is. And I think that may be a problem with the players too. Some of the team's most imporant players seem to be confused on what they should be doing in order to please Mactavish.

He's benching team goal scoring leader Raffi Torres and Ales Hemsky for times lately, and it's just kind of baffling as to why. Sure both have been inconsistent, but you don't curve out a pattern of consisntency by benching them in key situations.

Also, his line combinations are truly interesting. And the fact that how often he changes them up is a little strange as well. You can't form any sort of chemistry with your linemates if you only practice with them a few times and then play a few games with them and then get new linemates. Successful teams and successful lines have chemistry and the players feed off each other. The Oilers have zero chemistry at the moment and that is the fault of the coaching staff. Even after the team has been playing well for stretches, MacT goes and switches up the lines. Why? Just when the players are comfortable, you go and switch things up?

And if this season has shown anything at all so far, it's that some guys just aren't going to be anything more than good 3rd-4th liners. Horcoff, Pisani, Chimera. These three have come under fire this year because Mactavish (when he plays them), asks them to do way to much. It's funny that he's relying on his role players to score more than his offensively gifted players it seems. Horcoff is a good player, but he seems confused this year, simply because he's not sure what type of role he should be playing, not to mention the fact that he isn't a first or second line center. Pisani is a good, hard working, good two way forward, but he's not a sniper. Same goes for Chimera.

I think the main problem for this team right now is simply confusion, and that's not a problem with the players, it's a problem with the coaching staff. It's also a sign that maybe, just maybe it's time for the coach to go.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
The way that he worded it meant trade. He mentioned it in another thread. He is the last guy I would be trading away on this team.
I don't think I've ever said Hemsky should be dealt. But I do think that there's a chance he'll be sent out to Toronto.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:20 PM
mrush

Quote:
Where did I say he was talented?
The way I think it should be here is:

Torres
Isbister
Moreau
Rita
Chimera

Smyth is traded for a good center.

?
Horcoff
Reasoner
Stoll
going into next season.

i didnt say you thought he was talented i was just asking, cause he said chimera for buchberger and you said no.

also at centre it should be like this
reasoner
stoll
ninimaki*/pouliot
and than horcoff cause he doesnt belong in the league. im sure ninimaki* and pouliot are better and if we dont get a centre soon i wouldnt be surprised to see one of them play next season if there is a season. they may have no nhl experience but im sure they are a lot better than horcoff and can produce much better than he will ever in his whole career.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:23 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I'll give my thoughts as a person who watches the Oilers as his second favourite team to the Leafs.

You could look at last night's loss in two ways really. The optomistic view (that none of you seem to be taking) that this team is young and still trying to find their path, and that they played very well in that game up until about the last 5 minutes. Or the pessimistic view, that this team doesn't have enough heart at the moment, to try and complete games and come out with 100% consistency.

I have to admit that I'm really confused as to what Craig Mactavish's coaching style is. And I think that may be a problem with the players too. Some of the team's most imporant players seem to be confused on what they should be doing in order to please Mactavish.

He's benching team goal scoring leader Raffi Torres and Ales Hemsky for times lately, and it's just kind of baffling as to why. Sure both have been inconsistent, but you don't curve out a pattern of consisntency by benching them in key situations.

Also, his line combinations are truly interesting. And the fact that how often he changes them up is a little strange as well. You can't form any sort of chemistry with your linemates if you only practice with them a few times and then play a few games with them and then get new linemates. Successful teams and successful lines have chemistry and the players feed off each other. The Oilers have zero chemistry at the moment and that is the fault of the coaching staff. Even after the team has been playing well for stretches, MacT goes and switches up the lines. Why? Just when the players are comfortable, you go and switch things up?

And if this season has shown anything at all so far, it's that some guys just aren't going to be anything more than good 3rd-4th liners. Horcoff, Pisani, Chimera. These three have come under fire this year because Mactavish (when he plays them), asks them to do way to much. It's funny that he's relying on his role players to score more than his offensively gifted players it seems. Horcoff is a good player, but he seems confused this year, simply because he's not sure what type of role he should be playing, not to mention the fact that he isn't a first or second line center. Pisani is a good, hard working, good two way forward, but he's not a sniper. Same goes for Chimera.

I think the main problem for this team right now is simply confusion, and that's not a problem with the players, it's a problem with the coaching staff. It's also a sign that maybe, just maybe it's time for the coach to go.
i agree with everything except on the pisani, chimera and horcoff thing. they all suck, i would have kept cleary and trade horcoff. cleary was much better than horcoff. pisani only plays because hes from edmonton, no mistake about it if he were on another team he would be on the farm forever. Chimera may get a shot because of his speed but he cant do anythign with it and would be farm bound too.
good post by the way.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock

Good post.

IMO chemistry is the problem with the team this year. MacT's blender has been on high this year and the team is confused. This is a very young team and they need proper coaching. Sure Lowe has said that MacT is one of the best coaches in the league, and I bet he is. Just NOT for this team.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
While he & MacT are good buddies from way back, I bet Lowe likes winning more than loyalty-didn't take him long to ship Jani Niinimaa, who was a true-blue Oiler. If Lowe truly believes MacT is sexy to 20 other NHL teams, he'll tie a can to the coach if it will get him more wins, and MacT's contract picked up elsewhere.
At some point, Lowe might fire MacTavish, but imo he hasn't exhausted all avenues. I know the coach is under fire, but in reality alot has gone wrong this season, which I won't bother to restate but we know the list.

Lots of it is the coach, some of it is bad luck. But now that they're here, basically mortally wounded and doomed to a slow death over the next six weeks, Lowe has to make some decisions imo. He can fire the coach, start looking to next year (which is my hope), or make some roster moves that change some aspects of the team.

I love Hemsky, he represents new hope for this organization. Anyone who has followed the Oilers knows first round picks that play even 100 games are pretty rare. But, the coach has little confidence in him, or in Chimera, and certainly not in Jani Rita.

At some level, it's the GM's job to supply players to the coach. If MacTavish and Lowe are meeting today, and MacT says "I need a veteran forward I can count on to kill penalties and not ice the puck when we're up a goal with 1:10 left", that's a pretty reasonable comment.

Jason Chimera has become a bit player on this team. My personal opinion is that he's a pretty darn good hockey player. My opinion doesn't matter.

Craig MacTavish is the coach. He doesn't like Jani Rita, he has shown a tendency to play anyone but Jason Chimera when given a chance, and he chose to blame Ales Hemsky for a goal last night that at least three other Oilers screwed up on (Hemsky's crime was not abandoning his spot on the high wall in time to stop the play after an Oiler turnover as I recall). He gives Torres little ice time compared to his results.

That's 4 forwards on the current roster that MacT doesn't really have alot of confidence in when the game is on the line.

I'm not really comfortable defending MacTavish, because I don't think he's handled this season well at all. However, Marty Reasoner has been gone a long time, and his minutes haven't been replaced. I think the Oilers have been lucky to have a rookie (Stoll) in the middle who has the maturity to do battle against more veteran guys with the game on the line.

But it's patchwork, and now with York gone the pressure is even more pronounced.

It's Kevin Lowe's job to either fire the coach or get him some players he's comfortable sending over the boards.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:40 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
At some point, Lowe might fire MacTavish, but imo he hasn't exhausted all avenues. I know the coach is under fire, but in reality alot has gone wrong this season, which I won't bother to restate but we know the list.

Lots of it is the coach, some of it is bad luck. But now that they're here, basically mortally wounded and doomed to a slow death over the next six weeks, Lowe has to make some decisions imo. He can fire the coach, start looking to next year (which is my hope), or make some roster moves that change some aspects of the team.

I love Hemsky, he represents new hope for this organization. Anyone who has followed the Oilers knows first round picks that play even 100 games are pretty rare. But, the coach has little confidence in him, or in Chimera, and certainly not in Jani Rita.

At some level, it's the GM's job to supply players to the coach. If MacTavish and Lowe are meeting today, and MacT says "I need a veteran forward I can count on to kill penalties and not ice the puck when we're up a goal with 1:10 left", that's a pretty reasonable comment.

Jason Chimera has become a bit player on this team. My personal opinion is that he's a pretty darn good hockey player. My opinion doesn't matter.

Craig MacTavish is the coach. He doesn't like Jani Rita, he has shown a tendency to play anyone but Jason Chimera when given a chance, and he chose to blame Ales Hemsky for a goal last night that at least three other Oilers screwed up on (Hemsky's crime was not abandoning his spot on the high wall in time to stop the play after an Oiler turnover as I recall). He gives Torres little ice time compared to his results.

That's 4 forwards on the current roster that MacT doesn't really have alot of confidence in when the game is on the line.

I'm not really comfortable defending MacTavish, because I don't think he's handled this season well at all. However, Marty Reasoner has been gone a long time, and his minutes haven't been replaced. I think the Oilers have been lucky to have a rookie (Stoll) in the middle who has the maturity to do battle against more veteran guys with the game on the line.

But it's patchwork, and now with York gone the pressure is even more pronounced.

It's Kevin Lowe's job to either fire the coach or get him some players he's comfortable sending over the boards.
In all fairness regarding Chimera and Hemsky, both weren't cut off until their games went south.

Chimera was the 2nd line winger out of camp. He was given good linemates, lots of ice time, and didn't do anything with it.

Hemsky was very good to start the year, and was rewarded for it. He has 5 points in his last 23 games, and his ice time wasn't cut for all 23 of those games.

Neither player was producing, so what do you do? Do you keep sending them out for 15+ minutes every night?

Mac-T has shown a lot of faith in Hemsky... I've seen Ales play in all situations and during any point in the game. His icetime has been cut in the last 10 or so games, and maybe that is good for him. Don't forget, he only played 50 games last year, and it's not like he played 30 games in Hamilton as well. He isn't used to this kind of grind, and it's probably taken it's toll on him.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Slats432

Quote:
i agree with everything except on the pisani, chimera and horcoff thing. they all suck, i would have kept cleary and trade horcoff. cleary was much better than horcoff.
As much as I am not a big fan of Horcoff, Cleary was absolutely terrible. I don't think you will get much agreement in the Cleary/Horcoff debate.

I would add more to the thread, but IMO Brock and Lowetide said everything that I could.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:55 PM
goldenchild

I'm beginning towonder if Dawgbone really is MAcT.

Anyways this isn't a playoff team, maybe the org isn't convinced but I am. My worst fear is that Mact will talk Lowe into trading young talent like Rita, Chimera or Isbister for veteran pluggers, but I think that is probably what will happen.

I think you go the opposite way you let the young guys play untill they get it and hope that leads to a playoff spot next year. If you can get something for Oates then do it, If you can get something for Salo then do it even if you have to get a stopgap goalie to finish the season, the team needs a change between the pipes. Laraque is a luxury this team can't afford we just don't have enough offense on the top 3 lines to have a 4th line fighter that doesn't score. Play the likes of Hemsky, Torres, Isbister and Rita untill the wheels come off and see what we have.

I'm not sure there us anything that will get Mactavish fired, I liked him as a player but he is not the right coach for this team, maybe with a veteran group it would be different but these guys nede a teacher and an in game technicion, MacT is neither. Lowe is hitching hisride to the wrong guy and in the end it may cost him his job as well.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:08 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild

Anyways this isn't a playoff team, maybe the org isn't convinced but I am. My worst fear is that Mact will talk Lowe into trading young talent like Rita, Chimera or Isbister for veteran pluggers, but I think that is probably what will happen.
Well I'm beginning to think Mac-T had a one night stand with you and never called back. I am not a Mac-T clone, I just don't choose to jump all over the coach like some mindless puppet simply because it's common practice. It has to be the coaches fault right? I mean, it can't be the players, afterall, the only thing they are doing is playing the game... but I guess that is simply trivial. This isn't football where the coach (in most cases) dictates every single move for every player.

What exactly leads you to the conclusion that Lowe will trade young talent for veteran pluggers? What in Lowe's tenure here as GM has lead you to any sort of reasonable conclusion that Lowe will trade young talent for veteran pluggers?

Was it him dealing a young talented Mike Comrie for a younger Jeff Wyowitka? Or was it any of his other trades (with the exception of getting Cross) where he got younger in all of them? I love it when some of you people come up with these things... it's just down right funny.

Are you really that pissed that you are willing to get angry at things that are extremely unlikely to happen, and try to pass them off like they are fact, and that there might be some history to support it?

And yes I am Mac-T. I jump onto a laptop in the dressing room between periods to type responses on here, or I use my palm pilot if I really need to say something when I am on the bench.

Just like it is your opinion that everything is Mac-T's fault, I don't share that opinion. It's getting really sickening everytime I post someone asks if I am a Mac-T clone..

Last edited by dawgbone: 02-01-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old
02-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild

Anyways this isn't a playoff team, maybe the org isn't convinced but I am. My worst fear is that Mact will talk Lowe into trading young talent like Rita, Chimera or Isbister for veteran pluggers, but I think that is probably what will happen. .
Okay, I'm going to say this and stop, drop and roll.

imo the Oilers since 2001 have done a great job in player procurement. The 2001 draft (Hemsky, Lynch), the 2002 draft (Stoll, Deslauriers), the free agents (Bergeron, Conklin, Bishai is the latest) are doing well, and although it's too early to tell about 2003 its looking very good.

The other side of that is addressing need. We're still looking for a big center, and although they've drafted some, they are not close. Lowe traded Niinimaa and the power play went from poor to historically poor. The Oilers have been lacking in goalie prospects forever, and despite JDD and Conklin any fool can see it's still a problem area.

With Reasoner and York down, the Oilers are close to being crippled at center. Everyone is being asked to do too much, and it's little wonder they're failing. I'm a Horcoff fan, but he's playing too many minutes, as is Stoll. Oates has retired, he just hasn't filed the papers.

What I'm saying here is that although MacTavish hasn't responded well imo, many problems were forseeable and not addressed. Steve Staios' wonderful season is now forgotten and we see what happens when he's played too much. Tommy Salo has been very inconsistent, and the Oilers sent Markkanen away this past summer.

It's a cluster****. Snafu. Pick a phrase, any phrase.

But for me the bottom line is that once Kevin Lowe defends his coach and says he's secure, then any reasonable person would then begin to ask questions about the GM.

Which is where we are today.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

Jason Chimera for Kelly Buchberger, that sort of thing. It's horrible, but I bet it happens.
It is positively freaky that you suggest that.

I just made that trade less than 24 hours ago in EHM. The difference is, I threw in Henrich and the rights to Dickenson and got Fata thrown in too!

Old
02-01-2004, 06:35 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 730
great post brock well thought out and from an outside point of view.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:37 PM
goldenchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

What exactly leads you to the conclusion that Lowe will trade young talent for veteran pluggers? What in Lowe's tenure here as GM has lead you to any sort of reasonable conclusion that Lowe will trade young talent for veteran pluggers?

Are you really that pissed that you are willing to get angry at things that are extremely unlikely to happen, and try to pass them off like they are fact, and that there might be some history to support it?
This is where my thought comes from. Yes Dawgbone that hasn't been the history of this team if your friend MacT is here for the long haul then clearly he and Lowe will work together as far as what this team needs.

Just looking at how MacT is using his lineup Hemsky and Torres have their minutes dramatically cut, Chimera is an after-thought are they going to get younger? Is Mact all of a sudden going to change the way he coaches? doubtful. He loved the like of Grier and Marchant and I think that is the type of player he is telling Lowe this team needs to get over the hump. of course I am not privy to any inside info so it's just speculation but that is really what we all do here?

Lowetide started the thread on the FO's next move, none of us know we are simply speculating on what we think may happen, that's all I did.

Of the few options there are Lowe obviously won't make a coaching change, that leaves trades, and since the coach seem averse to developing young offensive players I believe they will go after the type of players that Mactavish has had success with, the likes of Marchant, Grier, Pisani, Horecoff, Moreau.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:38 PM
BJCOLLINS

I like your team and have since '79....you've got some very good young players, and Lowe has danced through some ugly situations and made out well...as for MacT, with the upcoming uncertainty of the CBA why bring in a new guy behind the bench....tuff one last night, why not give Lynch,Woywitka, Rita or Salmelainen a chance I watch the AHL at times and these guys could use the experience in the NHL....it may happen that you miss the playoffs, what 1st pick do you want 15th or 10th i like J.(Gator)Smith but he's gone after this season so too is Oates...by the way I don't know if Conklin + Valiquette might be a better combination than Salo...anyway cheer up boys you have all the right pieces on that team

Closed Thread