HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Maybe OT: Thank You

Old
02-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Maybe OT: Thank You

Nomorekids, firetrotz, crosscheck, handtrick, slake,....all you guys. Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I obviously haven't been watching hockey as long as you guys but I really appreciate your guys' input. It helps me alot. Keep it coming. Thank you so much, I check the boards everyday to see what you guys say. So THANK YOU!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:19 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Yeah. Even though I've been watching hockey for a long time, I don't get into all the technical aspects of the game as much as they do so I rely on them to tell me if a guy will fit in here or not.

And I think it's kinda sad that we seemed to have been abandoned by HT, P303 for "them." (not that there is anything wrong with that board, there are a few good threads over there)

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 06:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Yeah. Even though I've been watching hockey for a long time, I don't get into all the technical aspects of the game as much as they do so I rely on them to tell me if a guy will fit in here or not.

And I think it's kinda sad that we seemed to have been abandoned by HT, P303 for "them." (not that there is anything wrong with that board, there are a few good threads over there)
I sent an email to both of those guys and got no response.

I've tried to be more respectful of "that board," even if I don't read it. I would like to take some initiatives to get a few more people over here...it's a shame that activity over here has dwindled so much. There's still some awesome posters that just don't have anything to reply to.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
Nomorekids, firetrotz, crosscheck, handtrick, slake,....all you guys. Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I obviously haven't been watching hockey as long as you guys but I really appreciate your guys' input. It helps me alot. Keep it coming. Thank you so much, I check the boards everyday to see what you guys say. So THANK YOU!

Don't be afraid to throw your input on things (obviously you have given your post count of course).

We need more discussion!

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 07:57 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
There's still some awesome posters that just don't have anything to reply to.

Your right.... I will try to post more!!!

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
tulsytrid1

Ya thanks fellas; athough I don't post much; I read the boards almost daily. I never read the other board. This site is

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Well, I guess I should say "thank you". I enjoy posting on this messageboard due to the quality of posters, but more important for me is the participation of posters from all over the world and from all 30 NHL teams. It makes for some very interesting discussion both here and on the other messageboards and allows me to keep up to date with as much hockey as I want to through the observations of others.

I have also begun to post more frequently on the NP.com boards since this summer as the discussion here has admittedly died down quite a bit. However, while that is a problem, it has also remained active enough that I'm continously checking this board throughout the day and credit the moderators for not allowing threads to deviate into an off-topic social gathering and that is a major undertaking that has been established throughout these boards and what makes them great!

As for Handtrick and P303, I know that they still check this board regularly however I'm not exactly sure of the exact reason they don't post more over here.

Regardless, we have many great posters over here and many more that post frequently on both boards. I know from talking to people face-to-face that there are a considerable amount of long-time lurkers over here that read and simply don't post, however they appreciate the discussion and learn from it. I encourage everyone not to hesitiate to ask questions or share your opinion with us on any topic that peaks your interest. Although it might be intimidating to some to make their initial post and fear a slew of posts saying "how stupid, how can you not know that?" I promise that the mods will prevent that from happening and you will get an answer to your question/opinion. I swear...we don't bite!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I sent an email to both of those guys and got no response.
Honestly, the first time I tried to contact Handtrick I sent an e-mail. I got back an answer about a week later after thinking he blew me off because he was actively posting on the boards. He told me to send a PM instead and I've never sent him an e-mail since.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:49 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Handtrick hasn't really been posting on either board lately. P303G can't access this board during the day so he does all of his posting "over there".

I mostly just lurk and add comments here and there. I like to see what other thought about a game but I don't feel compelled to express my thoughts. I also don't keep up with the other teams and individual players so I can't add to any trade discussions.
If you were to meet me I just might talk your ear off but my "internet personality" is a little more subdued.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:11 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
I'm afraid to post over here. I see many get flamed for making little comments here and I have a short fuse when I let it. I just don't want to deal with that, so I just read and try to learn.

And bburton is right... those names are all great and knowledgable people.

quartermaster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29 View Post
I'm afraid to post over here. I see many get flamed for making little comments here and I have a short fuse when I let it. I just don't want to deal with that, so I just read and try to learn.

And bburton is right... those names are all great and knowledgable people.
I have to take exception with that...the "flaming" is far less over here than over there. There's actually more of a "hockey god" mentality over on that board than there is here(anyone remember that saga?), but the difference is that people with very limited knowledge are flaming people for their supposed ignorance.

we blow up at each other now and then over here, but it's rare and usually blows over quickly.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Jarnberg

I don't think I've ever seen someone flamed on these boards, at least between Predators fans.

Disagreements, yes. Flaming, not really. There is a wide variety of opinions on here and that is the way it should be.

If everyone simply agreed with each other, then it wouldn't be much fun eh?

Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean that they are against you or are crapping on you.

We all get people who counter what we say on here. I wouldn't take it personally. Now if someone gets dirty and starts calling names or does it in a terrible fashion, then yes, that shouldn't be here. But I don't think I've seen that on here in a long time.

Short version: Don't be afraid to post. If someone disagrees, well, thats like, uh, their opinion man.

Old
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
PredsMan

Almost 6 years I've been posting here...

I don't post alot, because I don't want to be redundant, and say "ditto" type things.

But, I'm reading several times a day, and post sporadically, when I feel the need to say something.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
braindead

I'd agree, there are not the flaming attacks here. I think it's a very tolerant board even when people disagree with you. I think the atmosphere is much better here. I stopped reading the other board last year (except when this site is down)-- I like to say I went Cold Hickory-- because of the lack of respect and having to weed through so much crap to get useful hockey talk.

Keep posting.

If it helps, having a user name that readily identifies yourself as having no brain function sets very low expectations for others.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 03:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
OK, I am from "that board." I registered over here after HT, 303 and a few others invited me. I like this board but for some reason earlier this season it got extremely slow, on the order of less than one or two threads having posts every day. So I stopped coming. the quality of 'hockey talk" over here is light years ahead of "there".. but then again "over there" is almost as much a social board as it is a hockey board, so, i guess its all in what you are looking for... *shrug*

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
predperson

Handtrick is not posting because he is "hung over" from the unmasked ball.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson View Post
Handtrick is not posting because he is "hung over" from the unmasked ball.
no kidding... he always has to drive home from the games so I had never seen him crocked.. it was a sight to see, I am telling you..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't post on here from work anymore either. I still post on these boards but mostly on "The Rink" topics.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Pred303

got some of the messages, appreciate it..

as some have said, my main problem posting here is that i cann't access HF boards from work, so i tend to get out of the habit of signing in and posting over here. i do really prefer the posters here, because in general the average knowledge level is much higher.

this sort of creates a catch-22 though. seems to be only 8-10 regular posters, and most of those seem to pretty much see the same game. all well and good, but it means that we see few differing opinions because the same number of idiots don't post here. which is of course good and bad. fewer things to argue about, but less stressful.

it seems posting has died down here so much, that many times there won't even be a gameday thread until after a game has been played. so many times i check the site, and see nothing very limited new posts. it also drives me crazy to see half of all new threads and posts now seem to be some 15 year old fan of another team asking about a specific pred player for his fantasy league team or NHL2008.

would love to see the board back like it was a couple of years ago, when we had three or four times as many posters and more active discussions going. i'll try to do better myself, this is too good a site to simply let die.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
fewer things to argue about
OK...I'll do better at starting some fights with you Pred303....you'll soon be calling me CC.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Paincakes

I have certainly learned a lot from reading the more knowledgeable posters' contributions on the board.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I think the lower activity level here has mirrored the lower expectations and fan buzz the team has suffered from in general with the roller coaster ownership issues. I have watched every bit as much hockey this year but posted much less. I miss the Pred303 post game analysis. I always learn something reading it, no matter how much I thought I understood what I saw...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Jarnberg

Yeah, this summer wasn't fun here as the trolls had a field day on these boards. I know that drove away tons of people and posts.

Old
02-27-2008, 08:19 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I personally have not much to talk about the games because well, I can't see them

But I've always appreciated the input of everyone around here who goes to the games and I'm hoping things pick back up.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Yeah, this summer wasn't fun here as the trolls had a field day on these boards. I know that drove away tons of people and posts.
you're right here.. was a mighty hard summer to have to interact with a bunch of 15 year old canadians wanting us to move

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote