HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger- Leafs may go after gainey

Old
02-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
If they're an army... can't you just declare war and shoot them? Keep in mind I'm American
without the UN approval

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Ok, ok I feel very strange.

I wake up constipated and I want the Leafs to make the playoff

Imagine, we finish first and Leafs 8. Then we have a Habs VS Leafs series ''The Canadian war''

or better

Sens finish first

and got beat by the leafs in the playoff once again

GO Leafs GO
The second idea would be great, but other than that let them finish in the basement.
Bragging rights all summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
What else is in your fantasy? A candle-lit dinner? Rose petals on the bed?

I know what's there! A midnight walk on the beach where you hold hands and exchange sweet nothings!
where did that come from is that his fantasy or yours

Last edited by Beakermania*: 02-28-2008 at 06:25 PM.
dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I just want them to get 9th.

Habs knock them out on the last day of the season, the ACC is burned to the ground and the leafs fold.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
pepperMonkey

I live smack dab in the middle of Leaf nation. Really I do. And all I can say is I have yet to meet a fan who thinks their team is a good team. All that I know who are passionate for hockey are in a 'doom and gloom' attitude. And frankly pissed off all the time. Makes me happy to know that they actually enjoy watching Habs game more these days (though they will stay Leafs fans forever). Course I do hang around a rather more intelligent group of folks if I do say so myself

As for what I want to see from the Leafs...on the fence. For those that think that if the Leafs make the playoffs (and consequently not do well) that they would not do much to try to get better (because of mlsc)...I think you are in for a rude awakening. In my opinion Cliff is gonna rout this team and will be a very different team next year no matter how well they do this year. ...well, unless they go to the finals that is...

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Canad93

actually, most Leafs fans were happy to see him stay, but at the same time they know what the gains could have been; so it is an apathetic situation. just kinda, meh, good and bad.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Bermy

Quote:

Imagine, we finish first and Leafs 8. Then we have a Habs VS Leafs series ''The Canadian war''

or better

Sens finish first

GO Leafs GO
the leafs would probably beat is in the playoffs imo. We play crappy against them, and they play well against us

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Canad93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I live smack dab in the middle of Leaf nation. Really I do. And all I can say is I have yet to meet a fan who thinks their team is a good team. All that I know who are passionate for hockey are in a 'doom and gloom' attitude. And frankly pissed off all the time. Makes me happy to know that they actually enjoy watching Habs game more these days (though they will stay Leafs fans forever). Course I do hang around a rather more intelligent group of folks if I do say so myself

As for what I want to see from the Leafs...on the fence. For those that think that if the Leafs make the playoffs (and consequently not do well) that they would not do much to try to get better (because of mlsc)...I think you are in for a rude awakening. In my opinion Cliff is gonna rout this team and will be a very different team next year no matter how well they do this year. ...well, unless they go to the finals that is...
well, I seem to be one of a few rare fans who likes the Leafs and the Habs, seriously the only two teams I cheer for (aside from anyone who plays Detroit.)
I don't quite understand why we are supposed to hate eachother, but really, if the Leafs and Habs met in the E.C. finals some day, I wouldn't care who won.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
habs86

vCash: 1469
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSurre View Post
I am a Leaf fan and I have been waiting 9 years now for a Leafs-Habs playoff series. I think it would be amazing entertainment.

Since The Leafs joined the East in 99 they have played 13 playoff series' and none against the original 6 teams.

Also, I will admit and I know a Leaf fan shouldn't say this but I always cheer for The Habs when The Leafs are out of it. Maybe because i'm in my early 20's and The Leafs/Habs rivalry has been pretty weak in my lifetime.

I think it's also because the crowd at the Bell Centre is amazing and I love watching Habs playoff games. I hate The Sens though, badly!

so what you are really saying AhSurre is that you are a closet HABS fan, and are still in denial.......

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canad93 View Post
well, I seem to be one of a few rare fans who likes the Leafs and the Habs, seriously the only two teams I cheer for (aside from anyone who plays Detroit.)
I don't quite understand why we are supposed to hate eachother, but really, if the Leafs and Habs met in the E.C. finals some day, I wouldn't care who won.
Actually same. I would cheer for the Leafs...as long as they aren't playing the Habs. Habs first, Leafs a far second. And I admit, I am happy that Sundin is still a Leaf. I would love to see him retire as a Leaf.

Of course...I don't generally hate any team...though there are teams that I don't 'like' to watch.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
chitownhabsfan

Have you seen the t-shirt that says ....

My favourite team is the HABS and any team that beats the Leafs!!

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 06:57 AM
AhSurre

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs86 View Post
so what you are really saying AhSurre is that you are a closet HABS fan, and are still in denial.......
Are you saying I am gay for The Habs?

Haha. No I'm a Leaf fan but I'm a fan of hockey as well. For example when the Leafs don't make the playoffs I still watch the playoffs every night.

As a Leaf fan over the last 15 years, through all the rivalries, I have come to hate all the teams that we have battled in the playoffs. I despise the Sens, Islanders and Flyers. I hate The Devils, The Sabresand Hurricanes. I even still hate teams from when we were in the West, like the Blues and The Canucks.

My official stance is that if The Leafs make the playoffs I want them to win obviously. However, for the last few years I have had a soft spot for The Habs and I'm not sure why that is but I think it started the year Saku came back from Cancer and played the Bruins who I can't stand because I have a friend who is a Bruins fan and he hates on The Leafs so much that he has made me hate Boston.

I never used to like The Habs at all when they had Patrick Roy.

I think I kinda like all The Canadian teams with cool captains like Koivu and Iginla and don't like The Canadian teams with weak Captains like Naslund and Alfredsson.

AhSurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

you guys are all cracked

Habs fans who want the Leafs to make the playoffs

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Anthony P

If the Leafs make the playoffs, why do I get the feeling it will be at our expense again.... we have a tough schedule down the road, we play NJ 2 more times, we play Ottawa 3 more times, we play Toronto 2 more times, we play Buffalo 3 more times, all these games are going to be difficult ones for us....the last thing we want right now is the teams from 9th-11th catching fire....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
ti-vite

Toronto has 65 pts with 17 games to go. Philly and Buffalo have 71 pts with 18 games remaining.

Assuming Buffalo plays for .500 over those 18 games (since Philly is in total meltdown mode), they finish with 89 pts. That would require Toronto to get more than 24 pts (depending on tiebreaker), or win at least 12 of the last 17 games.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
wedge

I also find myself wanting to see the leafs win some games. I don't want Stamkos there.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Toronto has 65 pts with 17 games to go. Philly and Buffalo have 71 pts with 18 games remaining.

Assuming Buffalo plays for .500 over those 18 games (since Philly is in total meltdown mode), they finish with 89 pts. That would require Toronto to get more than 24 pts (depending on tiebreaker), or win at least 12 of the last 17 games.
Still possible for them... That would be awesome lol

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:16 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:

or better

Sens finish first

GO Leafs GO

How about we upset Boston and Torotno upsets Ottawa. And then we beat Toronto and go to the east finals against New Jersey and sleep our we to the finals, wake up and beat theo and the avs.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canad93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Actually same. I would cheer for the Leafs...as long as they aren't playing the Habs. Habs first, Leafs a far second. And I admit, I am happy that Sundin is still a Leaf. I would love to see him retire as a Leaf.

Of course...I don't generally hate any team...though there are teams that I don't 'like' to watch.
I cheer for both teams as well. But where I am different from Canad93 is that I would NEVER want the Leafs to beat the Habs, ever, no way. As for this year, the Leafs could do us a favor by beating some teams near us in the standings.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You guys are on crack.

Do you guys have short term memory?

WE DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR BECAUSE THE LEAFS BEAT US THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR.

Complain about the team all you want, but had we beaten the Leafs, we would have made it 8th and got to laugh at the Leaf ****ers playing Golf. Instead, they played golf together. I lost a god damn bet because the Leafs finished higher than us despite us winning more games!

I live in Windsor, Ontario. I am smack dab between Red Wings fans and Maple Leaf fans, and there is nothing more enjoyable to me than seeing their pain and disappointment. Stop feeling bad for the ****ing Leafs. What kind of ass backwards Habs fans are you!?

I want their Stamkos dreams crushed and their playoff dreams crushed. I want the Leafs to live in that black void of 10th in the Eastern Conference. Never bad enough, never good enough, and I'm hoping the clamp of "The Toronto Five" will do that for them. Spinning wheels, baby.

You have allowed Toronto media to make you think they are a sick puppy. Well, they are. And that puppy needs to be kicked while its sniffling. Just like how they kicked us in 2000 when they were making the Eastern Conference Finals and we were getting out the Golf Clubs.

You guys are lame.
I think i love you
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You guys are on crack.

Do you guys have short term memory?

WE DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR BECAUSE THE LEAFS BEAT US THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR.

Complain about the team all you want, but had we beaten the Leafs, we would have made it 8th and got to laugh at the Leaf ****ers playing Golf. Instead, they played golf together. I lost a god damn bet because the Leafs finished higher than us despite us winning more games!

I live in Windsor, Ontario. I am smack dab between Red Wings fans and Maple Leaf fans, and there is nothing more enjoyable to me than seeing their pain and disappointment. Stop feeling bad for the ****ing Leafs. What kind of ass backwards Habs fans are you!?

I want their Stamkos dreams crushed and their playoff dreams crushed. I want the Leafs to live in that black void of 10th in the Eastern Conference. Never bad enough, never good enough, and I'm hoping the clamp of "The Toronto Five" will do that for them. Spinning wheels, baby.

You have allowed Toronto media to make you think they are a sick puppy. Well, they are. And that puppy needs to be kicked while its sniffling. Just like how they kicked us in 2000 when they were making the Eastern Conference Finals and we were getting out the Golf Clubs.

You guys are lame.

Wow, I approve of this post times a million.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
transitguy

But, but, what if the Leafs won?

transitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitguy View Post
But, but, what if the Leafs won?
Don't post that kind of garbage on here, UNDERSTOOD?!

Fletcher

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Check out www.tsn.ca/nhl right now.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Check out www.tsn.ca/nhl right now.
The Leafs are going to a win a couple more games and TSN will be right back on the TML Bandwagon. You heard it here first.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

@ TSN

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote