HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Any question for Mikkel Boedker?

Old
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Hmm i'm pretty sure the National Team can claim him as long as he is playing junior hockey...it was the same situation with Kirill Starkov last year...
Butcher, you and I will have a major disagreement if that happens.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 09:54 PM
RUSqueelin

Any IIHF event has to respect the CHL and honour its contracts. No national team can pluck players off it's teams.

RUSqueelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSqueelin View Post
Any IIHF event has to respect the CHL and honour its contracts. No national team can pluck players off it's teams.
I would like to see some documentation on that, because I think it's only the NHL and the AHL though I could be wrong.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
I would like to see some documentation on that, because I think it's only the NHL and the AHL though I could be wrong.
I'm just gonna answer my own question
The Team Denmark coach Mike Sirant says that the players in the junior leagues must be allowed to go to the international competitions.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20080208/sport06/80208013/

Old
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
I'm just gonna answer my own question
The Team Denmark coach Mike Sirant says that the players in the junior leagues must be allowed to go to the international competitions.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20080208/sport06/80208013/
I thought so. Just the same situation with Kirill last year. So don't expect Bødker to play for Kitchener during the IHWC.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM
RangerRed

Boedker'll play for Kitchener during The Memorial Cup, the Danish Hockey doesn't have the power to take the kid off Kitchener's roster. The CHL has rules about this kind of thing, it's why players still active in the playoffs aren't released to play for their countries at the World U-18s in April.

RangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Tobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRed View Post
Boedker'll play for Kitchener during The Memorial Cup, the Danish Hockey doesn't have the power to take the kid off Kitchener's roster. The CHL has rules about this kind of thing, it's why players still active in the playoffs aren't released to play for their countries at the World U-18s in April.
Ehm it's the IIHF's international rules, and they have all the power they need. If he'll be selected for the IHWC, the federation can claim him.

But i don't know if they will.

Old
03-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRed View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know. But either you are wrong or the Danish National Team coach (who by the way is Canadian) and Kirill Starkovs team last year is wrong.

Old
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
RangerRed

The Rebels playoff run was done at the time, at least if I'm reading the Hockeydb stats right. I would have read the article provided to enhance my information on the subject, but while being conversant in a few languages, I wasn't conversant in that one. One also assumes that the IIHF or the hockey federations of the different countries, when they allow their players to be drafted, much less play in the CHL, they would have some kind of clause in the agreement providing insight into a scenario like this. I find it highly unlikely that the CHL teams would sign an agreement that would allow some of their best players to be taken off their rosters when they need them the most.

RangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
DenGC

Whatever the rules might be, im sure the final decision will be made in Boedkers best interest. I think he should stay with his Team for the playoff/memorial cup run. Its a once in a lifetime experience, and there is a real chance the Kitchener Rangers might win it on home ground.

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
RUSqueelin

Quote:
Ehm it's the IIHF's international rules, and they have all the power they need. If he'll be selected for the IHWC, the federation can claim him.

But i don't know if they will.
IIHF, CHL, NHL, AHL...etc all honour each others contracts and leagues. I have no idea what that Danish article said, but they can't just pluck players from teams they are actively still playing on.

RUSqueelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Tobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSqueelin View Post
IIHF, CHL, NHL, AHL...etc all honour each others contracts and leagues. I have no idea what that Danish article said, but they can't just pluck players from teams they are actively still playing on.
As long as it's a junior team, it's their right. Wether they should do it or not, i don't know.

Old
03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
kostitsyn1489

Alright big thanks guys I've been a bit busy early this week, but I'm taking your question down. The interview should be tomorrow so if you've got any more questions just post them!

Thanks alot.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
kostitsyn1489

For the danish tema I'm gonna try to ask him tonight maybe it's gonna close the debate!

Old
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
mikael99

I am almost sure that Bødker will be selected for the national team. All indications point in that direction, especially with the good form and play he have showed in Kitchener and the U-20.

That will mean that he wont be availeble for Playoff overthere.
Tough break but that is how the rules are.

Obviously no player, will decline to get selected to play a World Championship in Canada, vs. a CHL playoff.

mikael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Quote:
As long as it's a junior team, it's their right. Wether they should do it or not, i don't know.
It's a hard call.

Win a Memorial Cup, or try to help Denmark to one of its best finishes in the IIHF World Championship.

Considering that a Memorial Cup is a once in a lifetime experience, I'd be suprised to see him leave his team.

Tb0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
DenGC

Eventhough I would love to see him play for Denmark at the World Championship, I think the national coach should leave Boedker out of the squard. Make the decision easier for the kid.

As it is now, I think we have a top six thats skilled/good enough without him. Yes he is a fantastic talent, but in my opinion he wont improve the top lines by a significant margin.

Let him play the playoffs and give him a chance to win the mem.cup. Dont really think it matters that the world championship is being held in Canada, as he already plays there. and since its ranked below the World Cup and the Olympic games, its not really the once in a lifetime big event. Yes it would be a hugh experience to play a championship in the hockey country no.1, but he already plays in Canada so I dont think its as big deal for him as it is for danish based players.

He will get plenty of chances to represent the national team in the future.

Old
03-08-2008, 07:10 AM
mikael99

I totally disagree , for all danish players the WC is the biggest thing, and danes are proud to play on their NT.
I think he'll get selected to the squad and play the WC.

mikael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Tobias

I have to agree that the IHWC is bigger for the Danish players than the Memorial cup. After all i'd never heard about it before this season, and there's a good chance it's the same for Bødker. It just doesn't mean the same thing.

Old
03-08-2008, 09:01 AM
DenGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post
I totally disagree , for all danish players the WC is the biggest thing, and danes are proud to play on their NT.
I think he'll get selected to the squad and play the WC.
I fully agree that the danish players are proud to play for the national team. I havent said otherwise.

What I am saying is that I would rank the World Cup and the Olympic games ahead of the World Championship in terms of reputation and level of competition. Thats when the best plays from every nation will be available. However, the chance of Denmark every taking part in the World Cup is very slim. Olympics is a possibility.

In terms of the World Championship being held in Canada, it IS a big thing for the danish players. I dont doubt that. What I am trying to say is that I believe its a bigger deal for the danish based/european based players in the national team, than it might be to Boedker. I base this on the fact that he is already playing in Canada, compared to most of the other danish players, who will never get a chance to play in the "hockey home land".
I believe he chose to move to NA and Kitchener Rangers because....
1. He wanted to improve his rank in the upcoming draft.
2. To play at the mem. cup. The reason why he made a predeal with the Rangers was because they were going to host the Mem. Cup, thus being certain that he would be playing in the mem.cup.
3. The mem.cup is the biggest event in the CHL calender and he is not gonna abandon his teammates when it matters the most.

When thats said, Im sure it would be a great experience for Boedker to showcase his talent with the national team in the country in which he now plays in. But I dont think that he would improve the team greatly. Yes he is extreemly skillfull and talented but with players like Regin, Nielsen, Starkov, Eller ect. already in the lineup, he is not really needed (left out hansen because the Canucks are most likely in the playoffs). It would have been a different situation if he was the only really talented player out of Denmark.

He will get plenty of chances to represent the national team at a later stage.

But I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Old
03-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Tobias

When will this be up?

Old
03-10-2008, 06:08 PM
kostitsyn1489

It hasnt been done yet, we planned to do i last thurday, but he prolly forgot about it haha. He prolly has more important stuff to do. So yea I'm gonna try and talk to him and set another time for the interview i guess. We'll see!

Old
03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
DenGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
It hasnt been done yet, we planned to do i last thurday, but he prolly forgot about it haha. He prolly has more important stuff to do. So yea I'm gonna try and talk to him and set another time for the interview i guess. We'll see!
Hey Kostitsyn, any update on the interview?

By the way, the danish national team coach, Mike Sirant has confirmed that Boedker will not be called upon to play at the coming World Championship in Quebec.
He says "Mikkel is a key figure for Kitchener Rangers in the Ontario Hockey league and is preparing for the very important Memorial Cup, which is of great importance for his future. Thats why we have decided to disregard him."

Old
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
kostitsyn1489

Nothing yet... I havent talked to him in a while, he's not on that often and usually away. Hopefully soon tho, but I dont want to bother him too much during the playoff. So yea whenever it's done I'll post it here for sure.

Thanks for the info on Boedker situation. I'll try to talk to hiom about it a little bit in the interview. I have no idea when its gonna be done tho, it's been like a month since ive talked to him. We'll see.

I saw him play on Monday and the guy is the real deal. He's just amazing. Top 10 pick for sure to me.

Old
03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
DenGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Nothing yet... I havent talked to him in a while, he's not on that often and usually away. Hopefully soon tho, but I dont want to bother him too much during the playoff. So yea whenever it's done I'll post it here for sure.

Thanks for the info on Boedker situation. I'll try to talk to hiom about it a little bit in the interview. I have no idea when its gonna be done tho, it's been like a month since ive talked to him. We'll see.

I saw him play on Monday and the guy is the real deal. He's just amazing. Top 10 pick for sure to me.
I couldnt agree more. Think he will surprise a few people.

Have heard a few people questioning his willingness to get physical, which I believe is wrong. Yes.... he might not make the big hits. However, he uses speed/acceleration to sneak up on opponents from behind, to steal the puck at crucial moments, atleast 3-4 times during a hockey game.
I would go so fare to say that I think he could very well be playing in the NHL next season (ofcourse depending on which team selects him). His skating is amazing, has a great shot (which he needs to use more) and he has a pretty solid frame. Think he is the type of player who quickly adapts to the level of competition.