HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kapanen equal Thorsen??

Old
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 500
Kapanen equal Thorsen??

kapanen cant have more then a year left in him is Thorsen the next kapanen?? they seem to be very equal

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 03:56 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
I actually was thinking that too, a Finn for a Nord?

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:08 PM
27roenick97

yeah, i think kappy is on his last legs. what remains to be seen is if thorsen develops the hockey sense that kappy has. he might not be the best, but sami is one of the smartest players we have: very seldom does he do something stupid. thorsen brings all the energy and most of the speed sami has, and can chip in some offense--an ideal forth liner.

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
chromemaro

I think we r underestimating the new guy.

Not that we need anymore young top 9 players but i think Thorsen is a third line guy

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I actually was thinking that too, a Finn for a Nord?
As long as it isn't for another filthy Swede. You can't trust those wily ********.

But, seriously, I hope Kappy retires. I respect his decision to stay with the team (he, after all, was begged to stay) but it might be time for him to go dominate as a player-coach for the team he owns in Finland for a year or two. He'll be an extremely effective player over there.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Baz

I am a bit lost as to what happened to Sami. Well, age, but it doesn't seem to affect them all (see: Selšnne, who is 2 years older). He was (kinda still is) a very fast skater, but where the hell did the hands go. Ok, he never was a prolific scorer (except when in carolina), but the current form is ridiculously bad.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I am a bit lost as to what happened to Sami. Well, age, but it doesn't seem to affect them all (see: Selšnne, who is 2 years older). He was (kinda still is) a very fast skater, but where the hell did the hands go. Ok, he never was a prolific scorer (except when in carolina), but the current form is ridiculously bad.
he still gives effort and defense. he should be on the 4th line where he would be a perfect fit as a high energy player. however he does not have the hands to be on lines 1-3

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I've never seen a player who kept their wheels and lost their hands. if anything, you get like Recchi and have no wheels but keep the hands. It's so weird. And he gives total effort every shift.

Old
03-01-2008, 04:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
I say keep him. At worst, I wouldn't mind him at least being on the roster.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I say keep him. At worst, I wouldn't mind him at least being on the roster.
It's absolutely his decision. You don't beg a guy to stay and then ****can him.

Old
03-01-2008, 05:03 PM
EasyMac

I would prefer to have Kapanen stick around for another year (though stay on the 4th line) because he seems to be a good locker room presence which is needed with a younger team.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Raffl House

Lets be honest...his linemates are usually Jim Dowd and Riley Cote, not exactly two superstars in the making. His numbers are down because he has hardly any ice time and isn't asked to provide offense. I think its a travesty that they waste his speed, but thats me. He is a smart player who really honed his defensive skills over the years -- thats how you stay in the game.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethunder View Post
Lets be honest...his linemates are usually Jim Dowd and Riley Cote, not exactly two superstars in the making. His numbers are down because he has hardly any ice time and isn't asked to provide offense. I think its a travesty that they waste his speed, but thats me. He is a smart player who really honed his defensive skills over the years -- thats how you stay in the game.
His numbers are down because he's absolutely terrible with the puck now. He's had ample time on scoring lines the past couple seasons and brings those lines down.

God bless the guy's heart, but let's not make excuses for his production. It's just not there anymore.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Totally Radivojevic

So Kapanen gets 16 minutes today but Downie gets less than 8. There is no way in hell he should be playing twice as much. Downie should be on the 3rd line.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Unstable

I <3 Sami.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:10 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
His numbers are down because he's absolutely terrible with the puck now. He's had ample time on scoring lines the past couple seasons and brings those lines down.

God bless the guy's heart, but let's not make excuses for his production. It's just not there anymore.
The funny thing is that we plugged everybody on Briere's line and nothing worked, then came Kapanen and Bingo, all the sudden that line start getting scoring chances and Kapanen looked like the guy from Carolina (at least with his passing and offensive awareness, still not the sniping). I'd still like to see him on the fourth line because there are too many guys even with the injuries that have top nine potential.

He'll always be one of my favorite players because of his heart, I'll never forget his effort to get off the ice against Toronto (and Primeau's fishing ability).

As for Thoreson, I was kinda dissapointed to see a forward get picked up off of waivers. I really like Tolpeko and wouln't mind seeing guys like Greentree, Matsumoto, Potulny (my leading scorer during the offseason in NHL 07), Ruzicka, Ross fill in when needed. With that said, I'm very impressed with Thoreson so far, he seems like a seasoned Vet. Hopefully he can translate his offensive ability to the NHL.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
So Kapanen gets 16 minutes today but Downie gets less than 8. There is no way in hell he should be playing twice as much. Downie should be on the 3rd line.
Downie should be paired with Hartnell to make a half-decent 3rd line and at least draw some penalties by working the puck down low.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Downie should be paired with Hartnell to make a half-decent 3rd line and at least draw some penalties by working the puck down low.
I never thought that Downie and Hartnell would draw so many ****ing penalties... especially Downie. I know Hartnell gets criticized for taking a penalty but he draws more than he takes and most of the ones he takes are out of effort and not laziness.

Old
03-01-2008, 06:42 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

I didnt really see Thoresen's physicality much until that check on Satan today, wow

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
As long as it isn't for another filthy Swede. You can't trust those wily ********.

But, seriously, I hope Kappy retires. I respect his decision to stay with the team (he, after all, was begged to stay) but it might be time for him to go dominate as a player-coach for the team he owns in Finland for a year or two. He'll be an extremely effective player over there.
Better yet, let's let him be a player-coach on this side of the pond.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Raffl House

Quote:

He hasn't had a chance to do anything this year...I'd like to see him get the shot, personally. I think his hands are still there, plus he has had some nice chances in limited time but has been on the wrong side of the post, so to speak.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethunder View Post
He hasn't had a chance to do anything this year...I'd like to see him get the shot, personally. I think his hands are still there, plus he has had some nice chances in limited time but has been on the wrong side of the post, so to speak.
If hands were prom dates his would be the fat chick sniffing glue behind Denny's on prom night.

Old
03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
If hands were prom dates his would be the fat chick sniffing glue behind Denny's on prom night.
... You know... You really do think of the wierdest s*** lol.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
He will be, probably easing him back in. Obviously Steven's likes him.

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Can I hire you to be a guest speaker in my classroom? I think you would be the perfect person to teach analogies. You've missed your calling in life, my friend.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote