HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

STL/LA, STL/EDM Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 02:54 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
I rarely (if ever) throw these out....but these seem to make sense.

1. STL - trades Colin Hemingway and a mid-level defensive prospect or mid-round draft pick to LA for Aaron Miller
RATIONALE: First off, this idea assumes the Kings throw in the towel. If they stay in the playoff hunt, the whole proposal is trash...so we're assuming the Kings are out of the playoff chase.

Miller is the physical defense-first defenseman the Blues need with Jackman gone for the season. In return, the Kings get a RW prospect in Hemingway and either a defensive prospect or pick. (For clarity, the defensive prospect is not Backman, Belle, or Pollock. It could be a veteran defenseman who's not in the Blues top 4.)

2. STL - trades Peter Sejna to Edmonton for Ryan Smyth.
RATIONALE: I suggested this in another thread. Smyth goes to the Blues to play on Weight's wing where they had chemistry when they played together in Edmonton. Sejna goes to Edmonton as a potential building block in another year or two when he starts to develop into a 2nd-line forward as projected.
NOTE: I think Sejna can be had for the right player (i.e. a scoring forward who'll fit on a line with Weight).

You must be a St.Louis fan.............it is definatley a good thing that you rarely throw these out....becuase this proposal is ridiculous

Old
02-02-2004, 02:56 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Is the continuous immature bashing really necessary? I think he's gotten the point.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:01 PM
H.M.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
I rarely (if ever) throw these out....but these seem to make sense.

1. STL - trades Colin Hemingway and a mid-level defensive prospect or mid-round draft pick to LA for Aaron Miller
RATIONALE: First off, this idea assumes the Kings throw in the towel. If they stay in the playoff hunt, the whole proposal is trash...so we're assuming the Kings are out of the playoff chase.

Miller is the physical defense-first defenseman the Blues need with Jackman gone for the season. In return, the Kings get a RW prospect in Hemingway and either a defensive prospect or pick. (For clarity, the defensive prospect is not Backman, Belle, or Pollock. It could be a veteran defenseman who's not in the Blues top 4.)

Sorry, but even I have to laugh. The Kings are now ahead of the Blues, but they should throw in the towel and the Blues shouldn't?

Old
02-02-2004, 03:04 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Is the continuous immature bashing really necessary? I think he's gotten the point.
what is immature about what I said....the proposal is rediculous...I was just giving my opinion if you dont like it dont read it

Old
02-02-2004, 03:10 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
what is immature about what I said....the proposal is rediculous...I was just giving my opinion if you dont like it dont read it
#1. Ridiculous.

#2. No, I really don't care what your opinion is.

#3. I wasn't even referring to you.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
#1. Ridiculous.

#2. No, I really don't care what your opinion is.

#3. I wasn't even referring to you.

If you don't care what my opinion is then quit whining about it..and next time make it more apperent who your directing your post to

Old
02-02-2004, 05:05 PM
degroat*

Considering your post was probably the most mild post in the thread, if you're not bright enough to figure out that my post wasn't in response to yours, that's your own problem and I'm sure as hell not going to alter my posting habits so you don't get your panties all up in a bunch.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:36 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
If you don't care what my opinion is then quit whining about it..and next time make it more apperent who your directing your post to
degroat's problem with this thread is the same as mine; it's like a dead horse is being beaten. I've heard worse trade proposals (and in response to evman150: Jani Rita for Chris Pronger is not even close to Sejna for Smyth value-wise, it doesn't even matter if you're joking), and I certainly see a lot of problems with some of the responses.
Irish Blues can't say stuff like this according to rules that the mods have agreed to, so I'll say it for him. There are some posts that here, as well as in many other forums, that are far worse than what Irish Blues has done. He sat down, thought about an idea, and then typed it out explaining his rationale. First of all, just because you happen to value an extremely underachieving top-line winger very highly, it doesn't mean Irish Blues is a retard for posting it; that's what he thought Smyth was worth for his production this year. Secondly, Irish Blues managed to type out his post and NOT make grammatical or spelling errors, something that cannot be said of some of the responses. I'd say that indicates idiocy more than mis-judging the value of a player by fans.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:14 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Considering your post was probably the most mild post in the thread, if you're not bright enough to figure out that my post wasn't in response to yours, that's your own problem and I'm sure as hell not going to alter my posting habits so you don't get your panties all up in a bunch.
Ok my bad then, I had not had my coffee and was a bit irrational.......but how did you know I was wearing panties???

Old
02-02-2004, 07:22 PM
jfont

Awards:
i've had enough guys...this thread is now closed.

02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
It is?

Closed Thread