HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tough,Gritty lw wanted in Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Weimer? He can move to the wing position I believe.

Uhhh that's all the Wild have for 'gritty'

Old
02-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Spezza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Ottawa needs grit, Calgary needs scoring. How about Chris Clark for Petr Schastlivy? Seems to fit both teams' needs.
I'd do that.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
If the Sens look for players between now and the playoffs, they'll be moving 'future' assets, such as Antoine Vermette, their 1st and 2nd round picks, maybe even Ray Emery. And obviously Schtaslivy is perrenially on the trading block. Guys like Phillips won't be moved before a Cup run.
Then I doubt they'll get either Smyth or Smith out of Edmonton if they aren't looking to move any more than that.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

How about Jimmy Mac, he's a left winger, he's a really good fighter too.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:55 PM
officeglen

Jimmy Mac has "played" in 50 NHL playoff games, but has yet to have a point in the playoffs. Plus he's a really good fighter too.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan
Then I doubt they'll get either Smyth or Smith out of Edmonton if they aren't looking to move any more than that.
It didn't take any 'now' assets for the Flyers to get Comrie, or any important 'now' assets for the Blues to get Weight. What makes you think Smyth and Smith are so different?

They'll get good value return, but I can't see either one garnering anything special off a roster like Ottawa's. Maybe a guy like Schtaslivy or something.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:12 PM
officeglen

Mizral means Schastlivy plus a good return of prospects/picks, not a good return of Schastlivy.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Mizral means Schastlivy plus a good return of prospects/picks, not a good return of Schastlivy.
At least one of us is on the ball

Old
02-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
It didn't take any 'now' assets for the Flyers to get Comrie, or any important 'now' assets for the Blues to get Weight. What makes you think Smyth and Smith are so different?

They'll get good value return, but I can't see either one garnering anything special off a roster like Ottawa's. Maybe a guy like Schtaslivy or something.
Because..

1. Weight was an impending UFA. Edmonton could have lost him for nothing.

2. Comrie burnt his bridge with the Oilers, wasn't going to sign with them, wasn't playing for them, so Lowe got the best deal he could from an Eastern Conf. team (to keep Comrie out of the West. Conf.)

3. Smyth just signed a three- or four-year reasonable (by Edmonton standards) contract that will keep him with the Oilers thru his prime. No reason to get rid of him unless the team wanting him overpays.

4. Smith could be had for less than Smyth, but with the Oilers still battling for a playoff spot, he has been their best d-man this year, as well as their captain. Good d-men come with a price, and I suspect that Lowe will allow there to be a bidding war for him among Eastern Conf. teams looking for a d-man closer to the deadline if the Oil are out of the playoffs. I'm sure Toronto or New Jersey may be interested in Smith and might be willing to trump Ottawa's offer.

Old
02-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Obsessed

With Laraque bieng so high on the Sens wish list and the fact they need some toughness going into the post season Im fairly certain Ottawa will give up a nice prospect or pick to get him. Which is what the Oilers love. We are the delvelopment grounds for the rest of the league and were just ready to graduate a few players. Smyth, Salo, Smith, Staios, Laraque.

We will take your first, second and third round picks plus any or either
Emery
Spezza
Volchenkov
Vermette

You pick

Old
02-02-2004, 09:46 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
With Laraque bieng so high on the Sens wish list and the fact they need some toughness going into the post season Im fairly certain Ottawa will give up a nice prospect or pick to get him. Which is what the Oilers love. We are the delvelopment grounds for the rest of the league and were just ready to graduate a few players. Smyth, Salo, Smith, Staios, Laraque.

We will take your first, second and third round picks plus any or either
Emery
Spezza
Volchenkov
Vermette

You pick
It's safe to say that Spezza and Emery are untouchable and it must be one hell of a deal to pry Volchenkov from Ottawa. Laraque would be a nice addition especially since losing Varada for the season and Fisher out for a large chunk of it but didn't he make it clear that he wouldn't fight if he was traded?

A guy like Hartnell or Morrow would be the asking price if any of those guys were to be dealt. ( minus Spezza and Emery)

Old
02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
r19

well what about Mike Danton?
he's on the small side, but seems to be anthor tucker with better upsides.
Schastlivy for Danton

Old
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by r19
well what about Mike Danton?
he's on the small side, but seems to be anthor tucker with better upsides.
Schastlivy for Danton
Not convinced Danton is the answer. But hey, St. Louis take the Enigma of our hands and we can all wait for History to repeat itself!

Old
02-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
Wright doesn't fight. He's merely a pest. But if that's enough for this fella, then he would be a good choice. I'm actually surprised he hasn't ended up on a contender yet looking for some checking help. Maybe this deadline...
At one point the Jackets were said to be ready to sign him to a 3 year extension at $1 mil per. With the expectations of more youth next year this may have been pulled off the table although Wright is playing very well right now.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Plager05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
Not convinced Danton is the answer. But hey, St. Louis take the Enigma of our hands and we can all wait for History to repeat itself!
I don't the Blues would do that trade actually. You might try Jamal Mayers though. or B-Ryce Salvador. The latter would take more than Shlastivy(sp) though.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:35 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Ottawa needs grit, Calgary needs scoring. How about Chris Clark for Petr Schastlivy? Seems to fit both teams' needs.
Clark right now is better offensively.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:36 PM
officeglen

Yes, but you don't get that je-ne-sais-pas of Schastlivy. Actually its nous-ne-savez-pas, as nobody knows what he will do, or not do.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
fatnickmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
While I would never say "We won't deal Danton" it seems he is just what we need. Competent and CHEAP! It would seem much more likely that we deal a Drake or MellanbY. Just my opinion.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:34 AM
dunwoody_joe

I think that Lessard could be available. LW, tough, can skate and likes to mix it up.

Doesn't fit into Hartley's scheme and not getting ice time here. A change could be good for him.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:38 AM
officeglen

Can we borrow Lessard for a few days then return him?

Old
02-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Plager05

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnickmo
While I would never say "We won't deal Danton" it seems he is just what we need. Competent and CHEAP! It would seem much more likely that we deal a Drake or MellanbY. Just my opinion.

Oh yeah. What would the Sens trade for Mellanby?

Old
02-03-2004, 02:41 AM
officeglen

We start all trade proposals with Schastlivy. It's in our team charter.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:30 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by julitog
From a Kings perspective I think they would want to keep Lappy as long as they are still in serious contention or until he gets hurt How about Sean Avery and Ryan Flinn for Ray Emery ? As you all know Avery is a pest and Flinn is a huge heavyweight. thoughts ?
My only thought was if you keep posting trade ripoffs like this the Habs forum will trade for you.

EDIT: Something strange going on - this reply is before the posting from julitog!

Last edited by officeglen: 02-03-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old
02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Scott Walker for Anton Volchenkov and Brooks Laich

Old
02-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Spezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by julitog
From a Kings perspective I think they would want to keep Lappy as long as they are still in serious contention or until he gets hurt How about Sean Avery and Ryan Flinn for Ray Emery ? As you all know Avery is a pest and Flinn is a huge heavyweight. thoughts ?
Pass.

Closed Thread