HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tickets to NYR-TBL in prague.

Old
03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

vCash: 500
Tickets to NYR-TBL in prague.

Hey.

Does anyone know where/when one can get some tickets for the Rangers - Lightning game in prague this fall?
I am planning to go, but i cant find tickets.

Cant find any info online. The Ottawa - Pittsburgh games in Stockholm is already sold out!!

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 08:43 AM
BlairBettsBlocks

i dont know if the ranger game tix went on sale yet

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 08:56 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Hey.

Does anyone know where/when one can get some tickets for the Rangers - Lightning game in prague this fall?
I am planning to go, but i cant find tickets.

Cant find any info online. The Ottawa - Pittsburgh games in Stockholm is already sold out!!
You can't buy tickets for that game right now, the tickets are expected to be for sale late in March, but noone knows for sure right now.

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
You can't buy tickets for that game right now, the tickets are expected to be for sale late in March, but noone knows for sure right now.
Please keep us posted...I'm sure a few of us would be interested in making the trip.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Please keep us posted...I'm sure a few of us would be interested in making the trip.
I will

Old
03-02-2008, 11:35 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
When do playoff tickets go on sale?

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

This was all really helpful!!! thanks guys!! Yea, who ever knows anything regarding tix, please post it on the board.

Im going for sure if i can get tix. Its only like 1 hour ish by plane to Prague from where i am.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
NY Ranger86

i'm guna try and get to prague for that. hang at Jagr's sports bar before the game lol need tickets!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 03:38 PM
jhnyr

You'll love it. Best vacation I ever had was in Prague. Beautiful city, and although not many people spoke English... they all understood my Rangers sweater. Got a lot of weird Czechglish speak from people trying to talk to me in English. Even had a group of Charles Bridge guards come with me and my buddies to a strip joint on a whim. Those guys were big Jagr fans... and even bigger drinkers!

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Synergy27

I've been gearing up to make this trip as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I think tickets are going to be damn near impossible for us to obtain over here (at a somewhat reasonable price at least). Please though, if any of our Czech friends can help out, let me know!

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I've been to Prague three times ('91, '92, & '05) and have had an amazing time every visit. Great town, great beer.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
nyrmetros

keep us informed!

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Scotty Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
I've been gearing up to make this trip as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up because I think tickets are going to be damn near impossible for us to obtain over here (at a somewhat reasonable price at least). Please though, if any of our Czech friends can help out, let me know!
I have already threatened my season ticket rep with cancellation if they can't me tix over there, lol. I didn't get a real vacation last year so I am REALLY looking forward to Switzerland and CR (and maybe England too). I also pitched to the rep that it would be nice if the team actually booked some kind of all-inclusive travel/hotel package for fans to go over there and she said she will pass it on. I don't know if it means anything, but it would be nice ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hockey View Post
I have already threatened my season ticket rep with cancellation if they can't me tix over there, lol. I didn't get a real vacation last year so I am REALLY looking forward to Switzerland and CR (and maybe England too). I also pitched to the rep that it would be nice if the team actually booked some kind of all-inclusive travel/hotel package for fans to go over there and she said she will pass it on. I don't know if it means anything, but it would be nice ...
Last year the LA Kings and LA Ducks both organized vacation packages for their supporters to travel with the team, have tickets to the games, and meet the players at different events held throughout the weekend.

It would be nice if the Rangers offered something similiar to the blurshirt supporters.

Old
03-02-2008, 10:37 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Last year the LA Kings and LA Ducks both organized vacation packages for their supporters to travel with the team, have tickets to the games, and meet the players at different events held throughout the weekend.

It would be nice if the Rangers offered something similiar to the blurshirt supporters.
Both organizations care far more about their fans/season ticket holders then this organization ever will... At best, the Rangers will offer tickets through a broker and only charge a Rangers premium of 10% for the pleasure. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an exchange rate charge as well...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hockey View Post
I hope it wasn't Stephanie! She's one of the nicest ticket reps on the staff. She really helped me out when I picked up a third seat a few years back.

I wouldn't threaten cancellation though -- there's a waiting list now!

Old
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
TUQ

Slowly there guys . I think the demand for tickets to Rangers game in Prague is gonna be huge! I won't be surprised if there was like like twenty times the people willing to pay for tickets then the amount of tickets. I'm seriously afraid that me and my fellow Rangers fans in Czech republic won't get the tickets becouse of much more prominent people will want to show on the game .

Old
03-03-2008, 01:12 PM
nyrmetros

I think hockey is big enough in the Czech Republic for this game to sell out even if Jagry wasn't a Ranger. true?

Anyway, let's hope the Rangers care a little about our traveling supporters ehh?

Old
03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Imagine if Jags, Straka decided not to come back? Or didn't get resigned?

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
lundy

I just got back from studying abroad in Prague for four months. It was unbelievable, and I really recommend that you all try and get there. I can't believe I missed our boys by a year! Anyway, the beer there is phenomenal, gambrinus and staropramen put bud light to shame...although that's not tough.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I just got back from studying abroad in Prague for four months. It was unbelievable, and I really recommend that you all try and get there. I can't believe I missed our boys by a year! Anyway, the beer there is phenomenal, gambrinus and staropramen put bud light to shame...although that's not tough.
Bud Light? Ugh. How do they compare to real beer? I hear beer there is really cheap, eh? Also, my ex-girlfriend studied abroad in the CR and she said the people there were not very nice to her (the least friendly of all she met throughout Europe). I found that to be kind of strange...

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
lundy

Quote:
Bud Light? Ugh. How do they compare to real beer? I hear beer there is really cheap, eh? Also, my ex-girlfriend studied abroad in the CR and she said the people there were not very nice to her (the least friendly of all she met throughout Europe). I found that to be kind of strange...
Let's put it this way, no matter what beer you've had before, Czech beers destroy it. Easily the best beer I've ever had, bar none. As for the people there, they're like the people here in NYC, cold--plus you don't speak their language, so it's a double whammy. People there are friendly enough as long as you make an effort to speak the basics of Czech and are willing to drop a bit of money. All in all, the night life there is tremendous, the beer is great and they love hockey--what's not to like.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
jhnyr

Quote:
Well in Prague most people were nice. But I was wearing some Ranger gear, so hockey bridged the gap.

When I didn't have Ranger gear on... well... yeah they were VERY Anti-American. I went there as part of a group going to see Glasgow Celtic play in a UEFA Cup match. Most guys had Irish and Scottish flags. I had an American flag. I had some guys throwing beer and **** at me. I didn't care. I was in the foreign supporters' section, and I wasn't the only American... so the Flag stayed out. Tied it right alongside the Tricolour and the Scots colors... Made some great friends that night in other Celtic supporters.

Then there was the cabbie in the old section of Prague who tried to overcharge us once he heard us talking. Refused to pay him anything more than what it should have been. He got pissed.

But for the most part, the people were nice. Not the nicest I've ever seen in Europe, but when I had the hockey sheeeeeet on, they were fine.

Old
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Anyway, the beer there is phenomenal, gambrinus and staropramen put bud light to shame...although that's not tough.
I was about to say. Hell I can make beer better than Bud.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
A little know fact: the original Budweiser beer is from a town called Budvar (or something like that), and was bought/stolen by Anheuser-Busch. Also, pilsner is originally from a town called Pilsen (Plsen).

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote