HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tickets to NYR-TBL in prague.

Old
03-03-2008, 04:47 PM
lundy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
A little know fact: the original Budweiser beer is from a town called Budvar (or something like that), and was bought/stolen by Anheuser-Busch. Also, pilsner is originally from a town called Pilsen (Plsen).
True story, we actually stole the name from the Czech's. And then Budweiser bought their distribution rights in America, so that the Czech one could only be sold globally as Czechvar, instead of it's original name Budvar.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Scotty Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
I hope it wasn't Stephanie! She's one of the nicest ticket reps on the staff. She really helped me out when I picked up a third seat a few years back.

I wouldn't threaten cancellation though -- there's a waiting list now!
It was her and she said she would do what she could. She is awesome, she got me my tix in the first place and has been so helpful with any/every issue that's come up.

And I said I threatened cancellation, I wouldn't actually do it!!

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Was there this summer and looking to go to one of the two games in the fall with my brother. Great city, great people. Keep us up on the ticket info please.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
aslim240

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Both organizations care far more about their fans/season ticket holders then this organization ever will... At best, the Rangers will offer tickets through a broker and only charge a Rangers premium of 10% for the pleasure. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an exchange rate charge as well...
If you are a season ticket holder and you say this I am amazed. The Rangers service and availablity to season ticket holders is great. Just look at this thread and see season ticket holders standing up for their reps, who everyone knows by first name. I would understand the arguement from people who say they take care of season ticket holders ahead of all their other fans, but they are great to season ticket holders.

The only thing people complain about is price, but their would not be a waiting list for season ticket holders, if there was not enough fans who could pay.

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslim240 View Post
If you are a season ticket holder and you say this I am amazed. The Rangers service and availablity to season ticket holders is great. Just look at this thread and see season ticket holders standing up for their reps, who everyone knows by first name. I would understand the arguement from people who say they take care of season ticket holders ahead of all their other fans, but they are great to season ticket holders.

The only thing people complain about is price, but their would not be a waiting list for season ticket holders, if there was not enough fans who could pay.
I don't know. My season rep is nothing special...but then again I only called him once. And I would agree with those who have said the Rangers don't really care (or at least do very much for) their season ticket holders, or their fans in general. They haven't had a hat or t-shirt promotional giveaway in 5 years! It's just pathetic.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
for those who've been to Prauge or live there what are some good tourist sites there? I would love to plan a trip there if I were able to get tickets to the game.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
for those who've been to Prauge or live there what are some good tourist sites there? I would love to plan a trip there if I were able to get tickets to the game.
It's a medieval city, so the Old Town is very gothic and cool. A couple big castles, awesome pubs, etc. It's a great 4 day place to visit.

Here are a couple of websites: www.czechsite.com and www.pragueexperience.com.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Smashley

Quote:
I wouldn't threaten cancellation though -- there's a waiting list now!
#227 of 1200!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
nyrmetros

Prague is one of the biggest party cities in Europe. All the English go there to drink themselves silly and have a laugh. Great times.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
jhnyr

I saw the Charles Bridge... the Astronomical Clock... and the 2 Irish bars in the city.

Didn't get a chance to see the museum. Also, if you're a classical music fan, there's some great sites around the city.

Oh, and another tip. When you go out at night... take nothing but cash in a money clip. My friend got bumped into and felt a chick trying to steal his wallet. They can't steal anything if you don't have anything on you.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
lundy

Quote:
I saw the Charles Bridge... the Astronomical Clock... and the 2 Irish bars in the city.

Didn't get a chance to see the museum. Also, if you're a classical music fan, there's some great sites around the city.

Oh, and another tip. When you go out at night... take nothing but cash in a money clip. My friend got bumped into and felt a chick trying to steal his wallet. They can't steal anything if you don't have anything on you.
The Muzeum sucks, don't waste your time. Go to the Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, Old Town, and Wencesclas Square (basically where they smashed communism during the velvet revolution). There are some cool museums there, my favorites being the museum of communism and the museum of sex machines. Otherwise, just go and drink more beer than is humanely possible.

Old
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Forechecker

There's a place off the Old Town Square that sells Czech hockey jerseys. It's where I got the one that JJ and the boys signed for me.

Old
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I just got back from studying abroad in Prague for four months. It was unbelievable, and I really recommend that you all try and get there. I can't believe I missed our boys by a year! Anyway, the beer there is phenomenal, gambrinus and staropramen put bud light to shame...although that's not tough.
Gambrinus and Staropramen are two of the worse czech beers, we can do much better than that . But you have some very good beers either, hm, Samuels ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker
A little know fact: the original Budweiser beer is from a town called Budvar (or something like that), and was bought/stolen by Anheuser-Busch. Also, pilsner is originally from a town called Pilsen (Plsen).
The town is called Ceske Budejovice not Budvar .

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
True story, we actually stole the name from the Czech's. And then Budweiser bought their distribution rights in America, so that the Czech one could only be sold globally as Czechvar, instead of it's original name Budvar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Budweiser Budvar is made in nice city Ceske Budejovice, down the south from Prague.
Pilsner Urquell is most likely the most popular Czech beer, but for some it can be bit bitter.

My personal czech beer rankings:
1-2: Pilsner Urquell, Budvar
3. Gambrinus
4. Staropramen, StaroBrno

Don't ever try to drink Krusovice beer!

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
Gambrinus and Staropramen are two of the worse czech beers, we can do much better than that . But you have some very good beers either, hm, Samuels ?

Right, I knew it wasn't Budvar, but that's the best I could remember. lol

I love the Czech Republic.

Old
03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Forechecker

I love the Gambrinus!

Old
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Kostik

Just few tips...
Watch out for hoisters(especially in tourists area)...
Taxi cab drivers can be sometimes SOBs...once they realize that you are foreigner watch out for price for a ride.
Try Czech kitchen...Svickova(beef with dumplings), Pecena kachna(roasted duck) and so on...pick up some good restaurant and don't be afraid ;-)

Btw one guy who has company related to hockey business already got some tickets in advance...so tickets are being distributed for companies and VIPs...but not for normal fans yet.

Old
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
nyrmetros

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=356485

Seems that the NHLPA has finally signed off on the game. I knew that they would, eventually.... they just wanted their own press time.

Old
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
lundy

Quote:

No way man! Gambrinus was great! I know you're Czech, so you are definitely an afficionado, but Gambrinus is superior to every single beer ever distributed in the U.S.

Old
03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=356485

Seems that the NHLPA has finally signed off on the game. I knew that they would, eventually.... they just wanted their own press time.
No mention of ticket sales.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
No mention of ticket sales.
Ticket prizes will vary from 2000 to 8000 Czech Crowns (est. $80-320). Tickets will be sold in April.

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
lundy

Quote:
Ticket prizes will vary from 2000 to 8000 Czech Crowns (est. $80-320). Tickets will be sold in April.
That's more like 125 to 500 with the current conversion rate. ****ing Dollar.

Old
03-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Wrong exchange rate buddy
Cheapest ticket is for 2000CZK = 120$
Most expensive tickets are for 8000CZK max = 490$

Talk about rip off...and u guys are mad at Dolan

Old
03-13-2008, 12:30 PM
nyrmetros

Is there a market and an economy for $420 tickets at the arena? Anyone have a seating map of the arena btw? capacity?

Old
03-13-2008, 04:22 PM
The Khan

Quote:

Where have you found that information? I have been looking for it even in the arena site for a long time and I can't find it.

The Khan is offline   Reply With Quote