HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa thought he'd go to Montreal

Old
03-03-2008, 08:50 AM
nas26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
We have to be realist, yes the chimestry is great, yes thats an easy team to fall in love with but there are still some concerns.. Can we win against Ottawa when their are playing at their best? Can we win against Pittsburg with Crosby and Hossa back in the line-up? Do we have a consistent second scoring line? Like it or not, Saku looks quite tired most of the time and Higgins struggle to find his game.. Ive been encouraged lately seeing Koivu play 2-3 strong games but it didnt last long.. Is he saving his energy for the playoffs? Does he wanna avoid injuries?

What happen if one of our big 3 gets seriously injured? We played 3 games without Hamrlik and the team looked quite lost...

I think most of us are being rational but we all believe in our team.. If Koivu wakes up in playoffs and that we avoid injury to the key players everything is possible.. I just wish to see my team play good hockey against the top teams, I would be more reassured..
I think the Habs biggest concern as they head toward the playoffs is still 5 on 5 scoring. They are improving, but even over their last 3 wins, more than 50% of their goals come on the power-play. A lot of playoff goals are scored in front of the net, and that is something Montreal still does not do well.

nas26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't think Komisarek and Higgins hit UFA status, they will be agreed to long term deals on the eve of.
I also beleive this.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Little Fury

Quote:
and i really think (kevin Lowe) gonna die down on the whole chasing RFA things, i think he knows ALLL the GM's are PISSED and wont wheel and deal with him anymore, proof is at the deadline
He won't but not for those reasons. His little foray into RFA land was a bit of a disaster this year and, having given Brian Burke a top 10 pick the year after giving him a Cup, I doubt he'd want the P.R. nightmare and salary inflation of going down that path again. Nothing to do with being blackballed.

Little Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/atl080227.html

TheFourthPeriod.com

, we were waiting for you too Marian ! you guys think we could sign him this summer ?

Honestly i was kinda in shock and mad at gainey after the trade deadline, i really thought we were finally getting our star player but hey 1-2 days later i already forgot about Hossa. I don't think we have what it takes to bring the cup back but i like our chance, its definatly our best shot at it since 1993.

Really? I disagree, I'd rather hit the playoffs with the team that got us here.
A rental is a good bonus to fill a void maybe, but we have great scoring,
Higgins was too much, I still think he will score 40 either next year or the year after.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote