HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who do you hate more?

View Poll Results: Who do you hate more?
New Jersey devils 83 42.56%
Philadelphia Flyers 68 34.87%
Both 44 22.56%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
definitely the flyers for me...despite the rivalry there has always been an underlying level of respect for the devils organization. can't say the same for the flyers

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Devils. I hate the club, i hate their GM, i hate their goalie, i hate their 7 fans, i hate everything to do with that franchise.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Loto68

My deep and ever lasting hatred of the Flyers even surpasses my hate for The Red Sox, Lou Lamoriello, and Notre Dame football (probably combined).

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:31 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

I loathe the Devils !!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Islanders

Flyers
Devils
Penguins

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
Definitely! And I don't hate him because I'm a Ranger fan. I hate him because after Brodeur retires his career is over. He doesn't know the first thing about hockey and any save that Brodeur makes is a spetacular save that no goalie in the league has ever made. And, when a goal goes in against him, it's always someone else's fault. "I don't know Doc. I thought I seen someone shining a lazer pointer from section 103. They shoudl throw that guy out."
that's why i made my signature what it is. the guys a joke. the other night vs washington he goes well the devils have had 4 quality scoring chances and if they scored on all 4 they would have the lead at 4-3 (at that time during the game). i'm sitting there yanking my hair out saying well jackass how about washington's scoring chances too? the guy is clueless and has the worst rug in the history of bald men

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Turambar

The Devils I hate because they came into the league and were so good immediately, and have been ever since.

The Flyers I just plain hate, I hate everything about them, especially their fans.

Flyers have the edge for me.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
The Devils I hate because they came into the league and were so good immediately, and have been ever since.

The Flyers I just plain hate, I hate everything about them, especially their fans.

They won 2 playoff series in their first 11 seasons, and missed the playoffs their first 5 seasons as the NJD, in a league where 16 of 21 teams made the playoffs ... and they were good immediately?

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
mergnemi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post

idk dude the devils weren't good in the beginning

Old
03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
For years it was always the Flyers for me. But after this offseason when we acquired Gomez, and the endless *****ing about how the Rangers are a horrible team (despite a 5-0 record against), the Devils sit in the throne as my most hated team right now.

Honestly if it weren't for HF, it would still be the Flyers, but some of the fans on the Devs board (ahem... Muttley) just can't make a single post without mentioning the Rangers.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I absolutely despise both teams. But I think the thing that annoys me most about the two teams is that alot (not all, but it seems like alot) of Devils fans are more interested in the fate of the Rangers than their own team.

They chant 'Rangers Suck' when they're playing the Coyotes and Hurricanes (although I know we do the same with Potvin Sucks, Yankees fans do it with the Red Sox, the Red Sox do it with the Yankees, the Mets do it with the Yankees, the Orioles do it with the Yankees and so on..), they start threads on their board specifically dedicated to something involving the Rangers...they are a lot like the Red Sox in that aspect and I hate no team on earth as much as the Red Sox.

Also, Flyers fans pretty much support their team through thick and then. The Devils can't sell out playoff games unless the Rangers are involved.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Mrpuck

Hate the Isles the most of course. But out of these two teams it's close. I swayed to the Devils primarily for playing that boring hockey I had to watch every time we played them back in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Celestial Black

1. Isles
2. Devils
3. Philly

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Pizza

I'd have to say Philly.

It goes back to the trauma of my youth watching the Rangers routinely assaulted by the flea's.

Watching the broad street bullies taught me what hate actually was.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Here's my real answer:

Isles - Horrible team, horrible fans (there are about 5 Isles fans I have an ounce of respect for -- all the others are just obnoxious), horrible everything.

Philly - Some other teams in between here but I still really dislike this team after living in Philly for a few years.

Devils - I don't have nearly as much hate for the Devils as most of you guys. Though I hate most of their fans (I think most are cocky, arrogant, and quite clueless) and that guy who is a homewrecker, I have a lot of respect for the team and the other aspects about it aren't too horrible.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 05:21 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Hate is a strong word.

Its actually pretty pathetic.

"I Hatez youz cuz you haz a Ragz avatar!!!"

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Peter The Great

I actually respect the Devils organization a lot. A great GM, great coaches, assistant coaches and a winning tradition.

But I simply can't stand their fans any longer. They are the worst in the entire NHL.

The way the fans have treated Johnny Oduya is just awful, terrible. I believe the Devils fans even apploaded when he got injured (during the match).

I really wish another team picks up Oduya.

Also the fains failed in seing Oduyas potential.

Last edited by 21: 03-03-2008 at 05:48 AM.
21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 06:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
old school ranger fans hate the islanders, like the new school ranger fans hate the flyers.
Really?How old are you?

Some the old school Ranger fans have bad memories of the Rangers-Flyers games in the early 1970's when the Islanders were still an expansion team.Before 1975.They loathe the Flyers.Like my dad.He sees the Flyers and start reeling off some of the names of their old players which are followed by multiple curse words.He told me Bobby Clarke "was the dirtiest player to ever play in the NHL" before I was old enough to realize who the Flyers were.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I hate the Flyers.That orange crud with their old sweatpants uniforms.

I hate the Devils.Respect their accomplishments.A pathetic group of fans.The older fans are mostly former Rangers fans who jumped ship like a bunch of rats.The younger fans are a bunch of spolied *******.Loved the christmas tree uniforms.

I hate the Islanders.

I hate the Penguins.

I hate the Capitals.John Druce.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
old school ranger fans hate the islanders, like the new school ranger fans hate the flyers.
Old school Fans hate the Flyers or have you forgotten the 80's battles between Fotiu and Brown.
Boxcar on both sides - it was up close and personal.

The really old fans hate the Bruins! that's the time before Flyers and Islanders existed!

I can't hate the devils - they were the Colorado Rockies once and they were abominably harmless (Barry Beck was a Rockie) and they used to have nice colourful uniforms then they moved to a half empty arena in a swamp playing in Green and red. Winning the cup in front of empty seats....You can't be too cross with them....pity is the more appropriate sentiment.

The Devils don't even feature on the hate scale. I crossed the anger bridge

its Isles and Flyers

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 03-03-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Neither equal the hate of the Islanders.

Stop trying to think you're our #1 rival.
Seriously, I can think of like 5 teams I hate more than the Devils.

1 of which is Philly.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
clemsonRanger

well

hate them both for difference reasons, i just hate philly fans just no respect for anyone

devils fans i hate them because im from new jersey and everytime they are doing well in the playoffs, here comes all the debbies fans, i dont think i have ever seen a devils jersey or hat or anything untill they are in the finals or semi-finals

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 10:53 AM
GarretJoseph

Hate the Islanders #1

Flyers, Debbies and Habs come a close second.

Bruins, Leafs, Sabres next.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
mergnemi*

actually old school ranger fans would hate boston, montreal, and toronto because they had many moments against each other, considering it was still the original 6

Old
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Forgot to state the obvious..the Islanders are my most hated. They will always be. They really cannot be bad enough as far as I'm concerned. Yeah it's fun when both teams are good, but I thoroughly enjoyed the late 90s Islanders and the Spano Incident and all of that.

I hate the Flyers. While I have a few good friends who are Flyers fans, a lot of them are real brain surgeons. Last month when I was down there for the game against the Rangers, I was leaving the arena minding my own business and some Flyer fan starts flipping me off and trying to challenge me to a fight (even though I wasn't even facing him and was talking to someone else). That was actually pretty amusing.

Devils I stated above. I hate the Penguins a little more since they have gotten better. Crosby is a whining diver and some of their fans are just laughable...but I don't even have anything close to the hatred for them than the other 3 teams.

Bruins...well they are from Boston. **** every team from there just on principal.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote