HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha's pending return

View Poll Results: Prucha's pending return; Lineup change?
Prucha sits long-term 33 28.95%
Prucha sits short-term - i.e., through this winning streak 60 52.63%
Prucha to 2nd line; Dawes out 5 4.39%
Prucha to 2nd line; Dawes to 3rd line; Callahan to 4th line; Sjostrom out 2 1.75%
Prucha to 3rd line; Callahan out 12 10.53%
Prucha to 3rd line; Callahan to 4th line; Sjostrom out 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
  #51
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,098
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
You talk about Prucha like he's washed up. I agree that he is not having a good year, and wasn't good last year either. But he's not much older than Callahan or Dubinsky. I think he's 24, 25 absolute max. You think that since he's been in the NHL longer, he is already the player he's going to be? Maybe thats true, but you can't say it with certainty at all.
JC, I think FLY meant more that Prucha's ship has sailed in regards to his time with us. That's how I interpreted it at least.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
  #52
Jim Ramsay
Registered User
 
Jim Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warwick, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Obviously I am a huge Prucha fan, I love his courage and heart but there simply is no need for him right now. I am very confident in this team and the way it is playing right now...This team looks like it's actually starting to have a lot of diverse scoring threats on all the lines (even the 4th). Unless the team starts slumping Prucha might as well sit the rest of the season.

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
  #53
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan View Post
I can't see him getting back in unless someone gets injured or Callahan goes cold. In which case I could see Prucha slotting back in on the 3rd line.

Callahan gets bumped down to the 4th line and rotates with Orr, with Colton playing on fight-night opponents.

Prucha-Drury-Dawes
Orr/Callahan-Betts-Sjostrom

But thats probably very unlikely. Still stick to my initial prediction about him staying put unless someone's hurt.

Bigger question on my mind is...what happens when Mara returns? We'll have 9 defenseman on the roster, putting us over the 23 man limit.
bye bye Strudwick or Hollweg.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
  #54
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Prucha has a ton of talent. Too much to give up on.

His only downfall is his weight.

Even if putting on weight would slow him down a bit, he still has great hands to make up for that slight loss in speed.

If Pru put on some weight he would be kind of like Michael Ryder. And that would be nice.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 08:30 PM
  #55
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,098
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Prucha has a ton of talent. Too much to give up on.

His only downfall is his weight.

Even if putting on weight would slow him down a bit, he still has great hands to make up for that slight loss in speed.

If Pru put on some weight he would be kind of like Michael Ryder. And that would be nice.
His downfall is that he's wildly inconsistent and that he takes far too many crunching hits. You certainly don't want to give up him, because he obviously has talent-- but him finding his game can't come at the expense of the team, so what other options are there? In the thick of the playoff race, you can't make room for a guy who isn't contributing, especially when everyone else is seemingly finding their offensive games.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
  #56
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Adding weight when you don't have the frame is not easy and not always a good thing. Christian Dube tried and he lost pretty much any speed, mobility and skating ability. And Prucha does not have a frame to add weight.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:15 AM
  #57
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
You talk about Prucha like he's washed up. I agree that he is not having a good year, and wasn't good last year either. But he's not much older than Callahan or Dubinsky. I think he's 24, 25 absolute max. You think that since he's been in the NHL longer, he is already the player he's going to be? Maybe thats true, but you can't say it with certainty at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
JC, I think FLY meant more that Prucha's ship has sailed in regards to his time with us. That's how I interpreted it at least.

Yes, this is what I meant.
I think he has a career easily with another team (dont get me wrong he is def. a NHL player)...but with this team and our dept....I dont think he fits....thus.his ship has sailed.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:23 AM
  #58
MasonRanger
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Beacon, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MasonRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan View Post
I can't see him getting back in unless someone gets injured or Callahan goes cold. In which case I could see Prucha slotting back in on the 3rd line.

Callahan gets bumped down to the 4th line and rotates with Orr, with Colton playing on fight-night opponents.

Prucha-Drury-Dawes
Orr/Callahan-Betts-Sjostrom

But thats probably very unlikely. Still stick to my initial prediction about him staying put unless someone's hurt.

Bigger question on my mind is...what happens when Mara returns? We'll have 9 defenseman on the roster, putting us over the 23 man limit.
On the last point, see ya later Struds.

And as much as I like Prucha, he just doesn't have a spot right now. Right now his best chance of cracking the lineup is if Callahan or Dawes start slumping or if somebody gets injured, but right now the team the top 3 lines are going great and we shouldn't mess with it. He and Sjostrom may trade some games on the 4th line but I don't think we can play both of them on that line because without Orr or Hollweg there is no truly intimidating physical presence in the lineup.

MasonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:43 AM
  #59
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan View Post

Bigger question on my mind is...what happens when Mara returns? We'll have 9 defenseman on the roster, putting us over the 23 man limit.
Rozsival-Malik
Tyutin-Girardi
Mara-Staal
Backman-Strudwick

That's 8 D, not 9.


As for Prucha, even though I'm a big fan of his I have to agree that you don't fix something unless it's broken, so right now stick with the current lines. However, I can't say I'm not intrigued by a Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha 4th line with Hollweg and Orr on the bench. While there are games we will need Orr, I think that could be one hell of a 4th line for us. Prucha is responsible defensively, and while not a 4th line player, he perhaps could find a niche with that line with his work along the boards and nose for the net. I'm thinking that's our 4th line come playoff time.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
  #60
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I like Pru, but you don't tinker with the lines the way they have been clicking. He likely will, and probably should, sit until injury or a slump hits somebody.

That said, I can't agree that Petr's time with us is up. I think we'd regret sending him away only to watch him pot 30 goals somewhere else. If we can find a way to fit him into our lineup enough to keep him happy in the near term, I think in two or three years (shanny, jagr, straka all probably gone, maybe Avery even after this year?) you will see a legit second line player and a much more valuable asset than he is right now.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
  #61
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 566
Play hard in practice and make sure your ready when you get the call. Outside that, unless he can play defense, I don't think he's playing in front of anyone else. He'll have to wait until it's his turn and when it is, he's gotta play all out to keep a spot.

This is a good problem to have for the Rangers.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
  #62
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Play hard in practice and make sure your ready when you get the call. Outside that, unless he can play defense, I don't think he's playing in front of anyone else. He'll have to wait until it's his turn and when it is, he's gotta play all out to keep a spot.

This is a good problem to have for the Rangers.
It is a good problem for the Rangers to have, it just sucks for Petr that he lost his spot due to injury, something that isn't really supposed to happen. I'm just hopeful that when he gets his chance again, he'll make it count and then he'll be the one keeping someone else out of the lineup. Let's Go Rangers!

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
  #63
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
It is a good problem for the Rangers to have, it just sucks for Petr that he lost his spot due to injury, something that isn't really supposed to happen. I'm just hopeful that when he gets his chance again, he'll make it count and then he'll be the one keeping someone else out of the lineup. Let's Go Rangers!
I think it's hard to say he lost a job. He wasn't as if he was playing super before he got hurt. And the other guys have done a lot more than step up. They (Dawes and Callahan) have been terrific.

But it certainly is a nice problem.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
  #64
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
you don't need to go through waiver for a conditioning assignment. I'd like to see him play with Betts and Sjostrom against one of our less physical opponents.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
  #65
LeetchIsGod2
 
LeetchIsGod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LI,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LeetchIsGod2
i like prucha and how he never gives up and takes a hit to make a play when he has to and he has great hands , but with that said his role has dimished significantly from 05 06 thru last year and even more so this year with the young kids coming up i think we are gonna have to move him at some point give him a chance on another team to blossom i just dont see his role here any longer

LeetchIsGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.