HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

And Here It Is

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2004, 10:29 PM
  #1
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
And Here It Is

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php...readed&order=0

__________________
VISIT FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS FOR ALL YOUR DRAFT NEWS!

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-01-2004, 10:38 PM
  #2
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 12,727
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Geez, youve really gone and outdone your self this time....

Keep up the good work.....

Samkow is offline  
Old
02-01-2004, 11:56 PM
  #3
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Pretty cool, Aaron! How'd you score that??

JF Omalycat is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 01:05 AM
  #4
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
I'd say this Aaron fellow looks to be one good journalist some day. Keep up the good work.

Jovavic is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 01:56 AM
  #5
Ejh18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
I'd say this Aaron fellow looks to be one good journalist some day. Keep up the good work.
My thoughts exactly... too bad he doesnt hang out with us more, phst, who does he think he is.

Aaron, great interview. Nice and long, lots of information. Great job.

I am not sure what your responsibilities are, but I think I speak for the majority here when I say, try and do as many of these kinds of interview as possible. Braaaaaaaaavo!

I realize there was a thread on this a couple days/weeks ago, but... Articles for Future consideration... LeGrinch, Svitov, O.K., Lindstrom, Kosmachev, Piispanen, I realize the last 3 might be difficult with language problems, etc. But htese are some of the same type interviews I would like to see...

Ejh18 is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 04:03 AM
  #6
MephistoIV
Registered User
 
MephistoIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
very nice

even though you come here like once a month now days ;p

how do you get those interviews?

MephistoIV is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 04:30 AM
  #7
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistoIV
very nice

even though you come here like once a month now days ;p

how do you get those interviews?
I don't like to give spoilers, but I'll tease anyways...

Though Christmas is long passed, the grinch may have something to say.


Last edited by Holly Gunning: 02-03-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 02:00 PM
  #8
cgs28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware,oh
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Just one question, Since when is 19 points in 38 games on a point per game pace?

cgs28 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
  #9
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs28
Just one question, Since when is 19 points in 38 games on a point per game pace?
points per game....

as in, he has a higher points per game pace then any other defenseman...doesn't necessarily mean he's averaging a point per game.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:23 AM
  #10
Matt Foley*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: you do... so well!
Country: United States
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Solid interview, Aaron. You obviously prepared for it very well. Your work is very much appreciated on this side of the fence.

Matt Foley* is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:57 AM
  #11
cgs28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Delaware,oh
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
points per game....

as in, he has a higher points per game pace then any other defenseman...doesn't necessarily mean he's averaging a point per game.

"a point-per-game pace and ahead of any other regular blueliner on the team"

Hmm okay so when I read it i still see a point-per-game pace. maybe with out the "and" and then add the "S" and i see what your saying.
Then it would be:
"a points-per-game pace ahead of any other regular blueliner on the team"

Still a great article. So how do you come up with your questions to ask? Do you set up a script ahead of time or just see how the interview is flowing?

cgs28 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:59 AM
  #12
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs28
"a point-per-game pace and ahead of any other regular blueliner on the team"

Hmm okay so when I read it i still see a point-per-game pace. maybe with out the "and" and then add the "S" and i see what your saying.
Then it would be:
"a points-per-game pace ahead of any other regular blueliner on the team"

Still a great article. So how do you come up with your questions to ask? Do you set up a script ahead of time or just see how the interview is flowing?
You're probaby right, I should've worded it like 'a points per game...'

A little of both to be honest...sometimes I'll come up with questions based on answers to his questions, but for the most part, I follow basic boundaries (such as the 2001 draft, his ahl season, ect) and let the questions flow from there.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
  #13
jacketracket*
 
jacketracket*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ... double cream."
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
I don't like to give spoilers, but I'll tease anyways...

Though Christmas is long passed, the grinch may have something to say.
Add me to the list---nice article!!

Now you've got me looking forward to more of the same w/the grinch!


This will be a stupid newbie question, but where are the links to archived HF material? I just found out about these a couple of days ago, and judging from your work, I've got some good reading to do.

jacketracket* is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 01:19 PM
  #14
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth
 
Count the Cash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Great article! Even getting great reviews on the other board.

Would love to read something on Lindstrom, as I've heard Doug say he will be challenging for a roster spot next season and yet is sort of of a mystery as he has yet to step foot inside of CoreComm.

Count the Cash is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
  #15
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count the Cash
Would love to read something on Lindstrom, as I've heard Doug say he will be challenging for a roster spot next season and yet is sort of of a mystery as he has yet to step foot inside of CoreComm.
He played at the most recent rookie camp before this season started. Looked pretty good too.

Jovavic is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 08:31 PM
  #16
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count the Cash
Great article! Even getting great reviews on the other board.
Which other boards?

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:32 AM
  #17
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth
 
Count the Cash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Thanks for the info Oz. Couldn't get to the Rookie Camp this year but never recalled hearing about Lindstrom attending.

You know which board. The 'Question every move to death' board.

Count the Cash is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.