HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impressive

Old
03-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Al Bundy*

vCash: 500
Impressive

I may be a Sabres fan, but I have to say your team has really impressed me this season, especially the power play.

IMO, as good as your power play is right now, lord only knows how even more impressive it would be had Souray not bolted for Edmonton.

I said Souray should NOT leave the Habs, and I think he's probably regretting it right now.
(At least he has a hot wife...)

I do wonder if you guys got a good investment in the Huet trade: Price does NOT have playoff experience... the question is, will that be costly or beneficial?

Al Bundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Hard to say about Price being #1, Huet only played 6 playoff games anyway so I don't think it's such a big deal.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
I may be a Sabres fan, but I have to say your team has really impressed me this season, especially the power play.

IMO, as good as your power play is right now, lord only knows how even more impressive it would be had Souray not bolted for Edmonton.

I said Souray should NOT leave the Habs, and I think he's probably regretting it right now.

I do wonder if you guys got a good investment in the Huet trade: Price does NOT have playoff experience... the question is, will that be costly or beneficial?
Souray can stay where-ever he is. Useless to the Montreal Canadiens.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Darz

Quote:

Honestly, I think the PP is better WITHOUT Souray on it. When Souray was on the PP, too many times guys like Markov, Kovy, etc, would just look for Souray at the PP without taking other options into play (shot, pass to other teammate). Now our PP doesn't rely on just one player. If Kovalev doesn't get you, Markov will, or Streit will, or Higgins will, or Koivu will, or......

Quote:
I don't think anyone can say we got a GOOD return in the Huet trade, but Gainey took the best offer he could from a team NOT in Ottawa (i'm sure the Sens would of given the habs more, but....)

03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
llamateizer

Huet wanted to sign with a team that he'll be able to get 60 games.

Habs organisation put all money on Price becaus he will be the future.
The experience that Price will acquire Vs what Huet could bring this year.

The chances to win stanley cups with Huet does not worth the experience that Price can gain

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
I don't think anyone can say we got a GOOD return in the Huet trade
We got a better return than nothing...letting souray walk for nada...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

Dude, you have one of my all-time favorite players on your avatar.

And if I remember well, that 75 logo on his shoulder means it was the 92 season (I think)?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Souray can stay where-ever he is. Useless to the Montreal Canadiens.
Shelly has been more than adequately replaced, but I still think we'd be a better team with him instead of Bouillon, for example.
The guy was not perfect, but he was a more than decent hockey player.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
We got a better return than nothing...letting souray walk for nada...
Agreed, but I still can't say it was a good return. Much better than nothing, mind you.

....and I guess alot will depend on who we get with that pick.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Shelly has been more than adequately replaced, but I still think we'd be a better team with him instead of Bouillon, for example.
The guy was not perfect, but he was a more than decent hockey player.
As a defenseman, give me Bouillon over Souray any single day of the week, especially at this ridiculous 5.25 million $ salary he now commands.

Worth every penny letting him go.

His defensive game was very weak to say the least, he did bring some leadership qualities and obviously a booming shot.. But truth be told, we've adequately replaced him and his -20 something rating from last season. Good player, no doubt, or he wouldn't be in the NHL. I have no roster space for him on MY Montreal Canadiens though, maybe you like him, I don't. To each his own!

Old
03-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
As a defenseman, give me Bouillon over Souray any single day of the week, especially at this ridiculous 5.25 million $ salary he now commands.

Worth every penny letting him go.

His defensive game was very weak to say the least, he did bring some leadership qualities and obviously a booming shot.. But truth be told, we've adequately replaced him and his -20 something rating from last season. Good player, no doubt, or he wouldn't be in the NHL. I have no roster space for him on MY Montreal Canadiens though, maybe you like him, I don't. To each his own!
Its more correct to look at it this way: Sign Souray, Lose Hamrlik...

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:17 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Its more correct to look at it this way: Sign Souray, Lose Hamrlik...
Also a very valid point, I can't believe I forgot to mention that!

But on that note, Al Bundy, thanks for the kudos on the teams success.. I have to admit the Sabres have impressed me as well after losing two of their best players in Drury and Briere.. They are gelling pretty good as a team (similar to how Montreal is).

Old
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Price has more Pro hockey playoff experience than Huet. In fact, Huet wasn't all that impressive in the 6 playoffs games he did start in. I'd rather have a guy, young or not, who's had tons of recent playoff and tournament success over a guy who was decent in one series and laid an egg in the most important game of the season last year.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
we are a much, much MUCH better team without Souray

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:21 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

I don't think anyone can say we got a GOOD return in the Huet trade, but Gainey took the best offer he could from a team NOT in Ottawa (i'm sure the Sens would of given the habs more, but....)

I am sure they would have given them more but it would have been more debt not assets.

The sens might have given the Habs a 2nd and a 3rd but we would have had to take one of Gerber or Emery.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I am sure they would have given them more but it would have been more debt not assets.

The sens might have given the Habs a 2nd and a 3rd but we would have had to take one of Gerber or Emery.
Yup.

Besides I think its common knowledge by now 2nd Round Draft Pick is going to be huge for us.

Old
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
AD

Quote:
Price has 0 games of NHL playoff experience - Huet has 6 games of NHL playoff experience

While that is true. Price has 4 rounds of AHL playoff experience and won the Calder cup as MVP of the playoffs in 2007. He also has a gold medal for Team Canada at the world juniors.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Maxpac

Losing Souray was the best thing that could happen for the Habs, especially at the price he's paid and the risk of injuries, Montreal has a much better passing game then expected, we now have 2 deadly powerplay combos, and another cheaper defensmen who will have the same kind of production but more reliable and versatile, Streit is the defenemen who has the most benefitied from Souray's leaving. Instead we used the free cash on one of our biggest needs, a big all-around solid experienced hard hitting defensmen. Roman Hamrlik has solidified our defense, he's a mentor, a leader to every young player on the team, he's saved our buts alot of times this year and to tell you guys the truth imo, no Hamrlik, no playoffs. Every great team has 1 defensmen that you can simply count on in every situation, like a Progner or a Lindstrom (not that i'm saying that Hammer is as good as them) but you can throw him at any sitation and he will take of it.Lucky for us, we have 2 with Markov and another one coming in Komisarek, Hammer is a mixed of the 2.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Price has more Pro hockey playoff experience than Huet. In fact, Huet wasn't all that impressive in the 6 playoffs games he did start in. I'd rather have a guy, young or not, who's had tons of recent playoff and tournament success over a guy who was decent in one series and laid an egg in the most important game of the season last year.

erm pro hockey is nhl and yes Huet has 6 starts and Price none.

a 0.929% save percentage in the playoffs doesn't impress you? wow Price's 9.14 must mean nothing to you then.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
erm pro hockey is nhl and yes Huet has 6 starts and Price none.

a 0.929% save percentage in the playoffs doesn't impress you? wow Price's 9.14 must mean nothing to you then.
Cory Stillman's GWG in 06.. Nuff said.

Old
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Cory Stillman's GWG in 06.. Nuff said.
wow hope Price doesn't lose in the playoffs, you might actually blame the team.

Old
03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
What's your problem, go cheer for the Capitals or something. Huet totally busted in that series.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Weztex

The kid lacks experience? So what! Just give him some.

There's no secret that the Habs management target the cup in 2009. Better make him see some pucks this year than next year.

Weztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Huet is known for letting in goals at the most inopportune times. Its not just me who says it, its pretty well known.

I feel more confident in Price then i do in Huet, and Stillman's shot.. He is a goalie in the NHL, he had no reason not to stop that.. It was a HORRIBLE goal.

Old
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What's your problem, go cheer for the Capitals or something. Huet totally busted in that series.
good reply there, you must be at least 14.