HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

07-08 Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

View Poll Results: Who??
Straka 8 6.30%
Drury 7 5.51%
Dubinsky 69 54.33%
Tyutin 0 0%
Jagr 3 2.36%
Lundqvist 0 0%
Betts 15 11.81%
Gomez 6 4.72%
Roszival 0 0%
Callahan 0 0%
Dawes 0 0%
Shanny 9 7.09%
Strudwick 0 0%
Vally 8 6.30%
Other 2 1.57%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Ranger1135

vCash: 500
I voted for Dubinsky....but Dawes certainly garners some consideration in my book. Commitment, hardwork, and resilience. Demoted and brought back up on a number of occasions, and never ever gave up. Took his demotion like a man and went down to light up the AHL. Some young players would be disheartened by what he went through. Extra-effort is the only reason he's here and no one can deny his impact since he has been recalled. Like I said, I voted for Dubi because he has exceeded every expectation that I had of him this year. But Dawes was written off by a lot of people, myself included (you can check some of my posts for back up on that) and he is really making me eat crow...I am glad to do it this case. Just think he's done well and want to offer him some props.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Smashley

Mah man Shanahan.....

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1135 View Post
I voted for Dubinsky....but Dawes certainly garners some consideration in my book. Commitment, hardwork, and resilience. Demoted and brought back up on a number of occasions, and never ever gave up. Took his demotion like a man and went down to light up the AHL. Some young players would be disheartened by what he went through. Extra-effort is the only reason he's here and no one can deny his impact since he has been recalled. Like I said, I voted for Dubi because he has exceeded every expectation that I had of him this year. But Dawes was written off by a lot of people, myself included (you can check some of my posts for back up on that) and he is really making me eat crow...I am glad to do it this case. Just think he's done well and want to offer him some props.
I was going to start a tread to say just that... Dubi is heart and soul and I think makes Jagr work harder by just watching him.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchIsGod2 View Post
deffffffinitely Betts most under appreciated Ranger by far he should also be a selke trophy winner but he gets overlooked there too
betts doesn't score enough to get consideration for the selke...i know the selke is supposed to be for defensive play only but it almost always goes to the top two-way forward mainly cause the guys that don't score don't get noticed by the out of town people voting

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
regarding Straka (although I watched a lot of Pens games so I knew he didn't take off shifts), but I think this goes to Betts. He doesn't take off shifts and very often I've always thought this award should go to a guy who's an unsung hero.
I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up right now but didn't Graves win this award and he certainly was not unsung. If he didn't win it, just ignore this post.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Fletch

I think..

he won it a couple times...Ortmeyer won it a couple times also though. Messier's also won it. It doesn't have to go to an unsung guy, but my opinion's been it's one of those awards that should go to an unsung guy who comes to play every night, and every shift. It's an award for extra effort and there many awards for lunch pail guys.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Since the award is for effort I will pick Betts. That guy is all hustle.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Melrose_Jr.

up for the prognosticators

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:31 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If Callahan hadn't got injured, and if it didn't take him as long to get back on his game...he would have been the very easy choice.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote