HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak vs Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
  #76
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
This thread is foolish, and the poster Cristobal Huet is a hypocrite.

Price had a bad game, I don't think ANYONE can deny that. Did he get any help from his D? Nope, not really. Did he get any help from the refs? Nope, not really. Apparently it's ok to interfere with goalies.

Did people forget that Price robbed the Sharks THREE TIMES during a 5 on 3 kill? Was that fourth goal against Shelley weak? Yes it was, just like Huet's goal in game 6 of the PLAYOFFS, WHICH MADE US LOSE THE SERIES (this is to Huet the poster. Your hypocrisy is astounding. For Huet, the shot was deflected and he had no chance..for Price, it was weak? )

Price was CLEARLY off his game last night, and you could tell he was pissed off at the reffing. In fact, this is the only time I've ever seen Price pissed off during a game, and you can't blame him; Sharks were taking free shots at him and nothing was getting called, compounded with the fact that no one really stood up for him. Where were you last night Komi??

I think Price should start in Phoenix. He didn't have a great game but I think he needs it to get his confidence back. Halak will probably get the start and that's fine too.
last night was just one of those games though...every mistake the Habs made, the Sharks made them pay for it, couple that with awful officiating (same can be said for Ottawa vs. Anaheim, must be a western conference thing) and it just wasn't out night.

Credit goes to the Habs for still fighting and making things interesting...no doubt Price wasn't at his best last night and i'm being nice here. However, we could of at least come away with 1 pt last night, I still don't understand how that wasn't goaltender interference on Marleau's last night (I mean, he practically sits on top of Price)...

Chalk it up as a lesson learned for Price though...move on, this won't be his last bad outing so I suggest people get over it

I'd go right back with Price against Pheonix and save Halak for the Kings

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
  #77
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Price will start on Thursday (IMO) and that is the correct decision. Then Halak on Saturday against the Kings and Price on Sunday.
Definately...Carbo has to throw Price back out there.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
  #78
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitguy View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. Great post. Agree 100% with your assessment.
Ya see Transitguy...great minds think alike.... Nah, just messin. But I am serious this really should be the scenerio and the way it plays out. I gotta a strong suspicion this is what will occur. Though I am not at all putting Carey in the catagory of studly #1's like Luongo,Brodeur,Turco,Kipper,Giggy...etc. He is your #1 and you need to treat him like a #1 goalie. And that means you get 80 or so percent of the starts pretty much no matter what. You give your backup, Halak in this case, one of the back to backs whenever they come unless its a real important game vs a division rival for instance where you than go back to your #1.

I really do think this is the way it plays out and its the right way to do things but we'll see soon enough.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:18 AM
  #79
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
No double standard here except in your mind. Hate is Hate. I was as surprised as anybody Cristo was traded. I figured he'd be the goto man and that was the end of it. Gainey thought different. I expect Halak will get a few starts before all is said and done this season. But I don't agree with all this bs about how Cristo was treated unfairly and everyone bashed him. Cristo had as many supporters as bashers so it was a wash. This entire thread is nonsense in my opinion.

Well why do you keep posting on this thread then if it is so ridiculous?

I can express my opinion as much as I want on here, if you don't agree with it, take a hike. I wouldn't be saying there is a double standard if there wasn't a very obvious one in front of me.
I've posted on numerous thread that were started purely because the Habs lost a game and Huet happened to be in net. The threads were created to bash Huet and say how bad he played and how Price should have played and should be the #1 goalie.
I was just standing up for Huet who was out #1 goalie at the time, the same as you are sticking up for Price, who you consider the #1 on the team now.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
  #80
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Wasn't prices fault last night at all. His defense was not helping at all and his own players were tackling him along with the sharks team. Not sure what softie goals you guys are talking about. Maybe the cambelle goal but it was half komosareks fault for leaving him high and dry. The shelly goal was tip hard to judge those you see alot of goalies get mad at their players for trying to block it and this is why. Price should get a break. It seems everytime we play him alot of games in a row he starts to suck. Halak was good last year and im sure he is able to hold his own in the crease

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
  #81
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Well why do you keep posting on this thread then if it is so ridiculous?

I can express my opinion as much as I want on here, if you don't agree with it, take a hike. I wouldn't be saying there is a double standard if there wasn't a very obvious one in front of me.
I've posted on numerous thread that were started purely because the Habs lost a game and Huet happened to be in net. The threads were created to bash Huet and say how bad he played and how Price should have played and should be the #1 goalie.
I was just standing up for Huet who was out #1 goalie at the time, the same as you are sticking up for Price, who you consider the #1 on the team now.
its actually Carbo and Gainey who said Price is #1, so are we wrong for considering he is the #1?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
  #82
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Halak could take over this team. Watch out.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
  #83
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post
Yeah, he played good against a Devils team that can't score, a Hossa-less Thrashers team and a depleted Sabres squad.
Now he comes into San Jose, an elite team, and you see the result.
Not blaming it entirely on him, and I do want to see Halak get a chance.

Now I finally want to say it...SOFTIES.

Remember Huet anyone?
I remember those softies every game

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
  #84
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
its actually Carbo and Gainey who said Price is #1, so are we wrong for considering he is the #1?
They both hinted at Price having to battle for the spot in their interviews / press conferences.

Halak NEEDS to start the next game, IMO.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
  #85
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Halak deserves a start. If he wins (playing well of course), he deserves another. If he wins again.. you can't take him out..

We will see what happens.
I actually agree with you for once. Screw stroking Prices ego...get us in the playoffs then worry about his damn ego. I hope he didn't cry again last night.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
  #86
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
They both hinted at Price having to battle for the spot in their interviews / press conferences.

Halak NEEDS to start the next game, IMO.

I disagree.
I believe Price should be given the next game.

We all know they will ride Price till the end, so they need to show him that indeed he is the man and they still confide in him.

Halak should play in LA.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
  #87
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
I want to see Halak for christ sake. That's what I'm down to at this point. Let's just see what he's got this year and then we can decide whether Price deserves to play over him or not.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
  #88
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Wasn't prices fault last night at all. His defense was not helping at all and his own players were tackling him along with the sharks team. Not sure what softie goals you guys are talking about. Maybe the cambelle goal but it was half komosareks fault for leaving him high and dry. The shelly goal was tip hard to judge those you see alot of goalies get mad at their players for trying to block it and this is why. Price should get a break. It seems everytime we play him alot of games in a row he starts to suck. Halak was good last year and im sure he is able to hold his own in the crease
Of course it is NEVER Prices fault. Nope no sir. There's always a excuse for price letting in a couple of softies. It wasn't anybodys fault that he let in a stinky shot from the damn blue line. And then that last goal...UGh. Price does play badly, and people need to stop making excuses for him. If this was Huet there would have been a thousand threads about how he is bad, lets in crappy goals, you name it.

So Price now is allowing third period crap goals? Price is now fatigued? Can he handle a whole season? Sound familiar? It should.


Give Halak a chance, and then if he wins, go with him again, if he doesn't back to Price.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:29 AM
  #89
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
They both hinted at Price having to battle for the spot in their interviews / press conferences.

Halak NEEDS to start the next game, IMO.
Why does he NEED to start the next game..eh? I agree he NEEDS to start the LA game but why vs 'Yotes? Not understanding the logic there. IMO, its more important that Price get that game for the reasons mentioned infinitum in the other posts by me and others. Most importantly cause when your annointed the #1 goalie and for the most part have played like a #1 goalie as Price has or at worst he's been a terrific 1A, you go right back to him after a bad game. That's just the way it works....I didn't make it up but its been that way for dozens and dozens of years. IMO, you get Price right back out there after a few days off, getting used to the west coast time zone and I think you'll see alot more efficient and effective Carey Price in Phoenix than the one you saw in San Jose last night....just a gut feeling....we'll see soon enough

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:31 AM
  #90
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I actually agree with you for once. Screw stroking Prices ego...get us in the playoffs then worry about his damn ego. I hope he didn't cry again last night.
Huet fan, eh?

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
  #91
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Well why do you keep posting on this thread then if it is so ridiculous?

I can express my opinion as much as I want on here, if you don't agree with it, take a hike. I wouldn't be saying there is a double standard if there wasn't a very obvious one in front of me.
I've posted on numerous thread that were started purely because the Habs lost a game and Huet happened to be in net. The threads were created to bash Huet and say how bad he played and how Price should have played and should be the #1 goalie.I was just standing up for Huet who was out #1 goalie at the time, the same as you are sticking up for Price, who you consider the #1 on the team now.
Then you are a hypocrite. You did not like people bashing Huet so you bash Price to get even. Sounds rather childish to me. Again, I thank you for the humour you provide.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
  #92
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
But see your missing my point. Why did we just hand the #1 job to Price? He never beat anybody out for the job and Halak played as good or better last year then Price has this year, so why do we just automatically push Halak to the back burner?

Thats what I wanna know.
No Puckhead, I'm not missing your point at all. Price wasn't handed the #1 job...he actually earned it on the ice. He's played very well this year for the most part and Price, though maybe he didn't necessarily "beat out" Huet, its not Prices fault Gainey and Carbo didn't want to pay Huet his money that was due to him...right? He was for the most part the defacto 1B to Huets 1A so with no Huet anymore how do justify giving the #1 job or even having a competition for the #1 job to a Halak even as well as he was playing this year in the AHL...eh? You can't obviously especially in the midst of a playoff push. And besides, who's to say Price in practice hasn't been more impressive than Halak was.

I keep going back to that cause thats stuff we the fans don't see. I'm sure if Halak was better than Price or if Gainey and Carbo thought Halak gave the team a better chance to win than Price, he would have gotten the job. So IMO, Halak hasn't been pushed to the backburner, its just not the time to have an open competition to be #1 goalie on one of the best teams in the NHL and have them split games. We'll see what happens next year in training camp but for now, the absolute right decision was to give the keys to Price and he hasn't dissapointed albeit a bit of a speedbump last night in San Jose.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
  #93
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Poor Price or Halak, they need to get traded they won't survive in Montreal.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
  #94
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Why does he NEED to start the next game..eh? I agree he NEEDS to start the LA game but why vs 'Yotes? Not understanding the logic there. IMO, its more important that Price get that game for the reasons mentioned infinitum in the other posts by me and others. Most importantly cause when your annointed the #1 goalie and for the most part have played like a #1 goalie as Price has or at worst he's been a terrific 1A, you go right back to him after a bad game. That's just the way it works....I didn't make it up but its been that way for dozens and dozens of years. IMO, you get Price right back out there after a few days off, getting used to the west coast time zone and I think you'll see alot more efficient and effective Carey Price in Phoenix than the one you saw in San Jose last night....just a gut feeling....we'll see soon enough
Price doesn't need his ego stroked. He's knows he's the #1 guy. He knows he's the future of this franchise.

We need to see what Halak can do. If Price gets hurt (god forbid) we need our players to be just as confident in Halak as they are in Price.

Halak needs to play.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
  #95
mrCoffea*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
I don't think it's fair to say that Price is the definitive number 1 goalie right now. Halak is better than most people think, and if he's given the chance, he might be able to take the number 1 spot away from Price.

I'd rather have the better goalie starting in nets

People in this thread are acting as if Price is automatically number 1 right now, and that Halak should just be given one game here and there in order to rest Price, which I think is ********.

If Halak plays well, he should be given his chance to shine, and the same thing goes for Price

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:55 AM
  #96
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Price doesn't need his ego stroked. He's knows he's the #1 guy. He knows he's the future of this franchise.

We need to see what Halak can do. If Price gets hurt (god forbid) we need our players to be just as confident in Halak as they are in Price.

Halak needs to play.
Halak doesnt need to play..damn what the hell is with people over here..

There is exactly 15Games left in the season. Time to play the musical chair with our goalies has passed.
We're gonna ride and die with Price. Halak will play games such as LA saturday maybe because as we've seen earlier Carbo is not scared to put Price in nets on back to back games.
Halak's job will be to win the little games he'll be put into.

If they wanted to have fun juggling their goalies they would have kept Huet. Halak wasn't even suppose to be here, Hedberg was suppose to come over with Hossa.
Price is our #1, they made that very clear by trading away Huet. Now live with it.

There's little games left this season, a goalie debate is the last thing we need. Support our Goalie whatever its name is.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
  #97
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
I don't think it's fair to say that Price is the definitive number 1 goalie right now. Halak is better than most people think, and if he's given the chance, he might be able to take the number 1 spot away from Price.
I'd rather have the better goalie starting in nets

People in this thread are acting as if Price is automatically number 1 right now, and that Halak should just be given one game here and there in order to rest Price, which I think is ********.

If Halak plays well, he should be given his chance to shine, and the same thing goes for Price
If you listened to Gainey's press conference after Huet was traded he explained why Price is #1. No one here is acting like Price is #1 he just is. The sooner you come to terms with that fact the better off you will be.
Besides you just admitted it yourself!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
  #98
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
I don't think it's fair to say that Price is the definitive number 1 goalie right now. Halak is better than most people think, and if he's given the chance, he might be able to take the number 1 spot away from Price.

I'd rather have the better goalie starting in nets

People in this thread are acting as if Price is automatically number 1 right now, and that Halak should just be given one game here and there in order to rest Price, which I think is ********.

If Halak plays well, he should be given his chance to shine, and the same thing goes for Price
Yes, that's exactly what we need. Lets go into the playoffs without knowing who's our #1 and keep juggling goalies.
Wow some people are clueless.

There's one thing you need going into the playoffs, a very impotant thing, its called STABILITY.
And the choice to ride with Price was made when they traded Huet. The didn't trade him so we can see a Price vs Halak battle with 15Games left in the season. Geez Wake Da F%!# Up!!!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
  #99
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
I dunno maybe I'm missing something here. This has nothing to do with ego or about whether or not a backup(Halak) can be a #1 now or down the road whether or not Price plays vs Phoenix. This has everything to do with the fact why "fix something thats not broken". Montreal is winning, playing good hockey and their supposed #1 goalie is playing quite well so you go right back to him the next game. Halak gets his time to show his stuff in LA...pretty simple. No egos, no nothing other than smart coaching IMO to get Price right back at them.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
  #100
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
If you listened to Gainey's press conference after Huet was traded he explained why Price is #1. No one here is acting like Price is #1 he just is. The sooner you come to terms with that fact the better off you will be.
Besides you just admitted it yourself!
He actually said "we have two great young players and there is only one net."

I don't once remember Gainey flat out saying it was Price's job.

I agree it is his job and we should live and die with him.

But the players are already confident in him.

Halak, on the other hand, needs to play with this team so they are confident in him too in case of 1) a Price injury or 2) a Price breakdown (13-15 goals over 2-3 games).

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.