HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

50 Stitches For Toews

Old
03-04-2008, 12:15 PM
fourLEAFclover

vCash: 500
50 Stitches For Toews

Quote:
Blackhawks rookie Jonathan Toews on Monday had a face only a mother could love -- badly swollen lip, a 50-stitch cut under his nose and inside his mouth, and a chipped tooth.
https://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=146153

Hit from Pettinger:

The aftermath:

Definitely just an accident that ended up hurting Toews, stick was clearly too high but there was no intent at all. Good on Barker to immediately stick up for his mate though. Toews' lip looks totally messed up lol makes him look tough. He will be playing tonight in Minnesota too but will wear a full cage to prevent the cuts from reopening.

Toews interview here:

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=355731

fourLEAFclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
GO LEAFS

I saw that when it happened, was watching the game. Didnt think it was dirty or anything but i was worried when he didnt return to the game. Guess it took a while to get that many stitches, ouch. glad to see hes ok though, that lip looks crazy swollen!

GO LEAFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
lfchockey*

I was watching the game when it happened too and my first thought was that it seemed a bit late and caught a guy in a vulnerable situation.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 05:31 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
What the ****? That hit was late as hell. He almost leaves his feet to make the hit, nowhere near the puck and the guy was making a beeline for him. Pettinger had his sights on him the whole time and didn't even bother to turn and look at the play when the puck was away from Toews for a full two seconds. That's a dirty hit.

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
fourLEAFclover

For sure a late hit, but i doubt he intended to high stick Toews and completely maul his lip. Perhaps i have mixed feelings cause i like the Canucks too.

fourLEAFclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
kilo41ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfenix View Post
What the ****? That hit was late as hell. He almost leaves his feet to make the hit, nowhere near the puck and the guy was making a beeline for him. Pettinger had his sights on him the whole time and didn't even bother to turn and look at the play when the puck was away from Toews for a full two seconds. That's a dirty hit.
I must agree that hit was bit late and *** where his hands doing that high anyways? ... he was targeting him, thats for sure... you can tell looking hindsight, that he was out to get one of them.

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote