HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Columbus @ Calgary

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Miikka Kiprusoff 30 93.75%
Craig Conroy 0 0%
Owen Nolan 0 0%
Alex Tanguay 0 0%
David Hale 1 3.13%
Robyn Regehr 0 0%
Other - please specify 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
  #1
Snoil11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Columbus @ Calgary

Once again without the final score in title for Badger Bob and Co.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
  #2
Lanny'sDaMan
Registered User
 
Lanny'sDaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 1075


Yes I hadta repost this in the proper thread I'm certain you can see my MVP of the game

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
  #3
Grannys
Registered User
 
Grannys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, UK
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
No doubt about it Kipper Kipper Kipper!!!!!!

It was all Kipper all game. The rest of the team picked up some energy in the 3rd but the game owned by Kipper.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
  #4
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
It was all Kipper all game. The rest of the team picked up some energy in the 3rd but the game owned by Kipper.

Yep.

Loved the way Kiprusoff responded in this game after sitting for 5 periods. Glad to see him get the shutout too. To to make this win ever sweeter, the Wild lose in regulation.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
  #5
Walkingthroughforest
ring bear
 
Walkingthroughforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,980
vCash: 500
I would have that mans children if he plays the rest of the season like this

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
  #6
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
NW Division OOT Scoreboard

Chicago 4
Minnesota 2

Nashville 5
Edmonton 1

Vancouver 1
Colorado 2
NOT a 3 point game!



StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
  #7
Everest
Registered User
 
Everest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,276
vCash: 500
Cujo<> ball cap. Ball cap<>Cujo.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 12:55 AM
  #8
BadNewsBearcat
Registered User
 
BadNewsBearcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Great to see Kipper play so well after a well deserved rest... but what a boring game.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 01:00 AM
  #9
Hyde
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Kipper is the NHL's 3rd Star tonight.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Thre...e&service=page

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 01:34 AM
  #10
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Tough game to watch. Very boring style Columbus plays. Just couldn't get any offence going in the first two periods. Partly the flames fault as they were standing around quite a bit, but the Jackets can be a frustrating team to play against. Nice to come away with the win especially with the Wild and Canucks losing too.

KIPPER! Great game tonight. Nice to see him get another shutout. That's the kind of play we will be needing for the rest of the season from him. And we all know he is capable of it. Phaneuf and Regehr both struggled tonight I thought. Dion just couldn't stay out of the box. Hope Sarich draws back in on Friday.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 05:30 AM
  #11
Snoil11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Had this game been played on November, I'd be rather disappointed by the Flames effort, but in the current situation points are all what matters, so I am happy about the win last night.
Despite Columbus' annoying style, I'd have expected a better effort by the Flames. As I mentioned in the GDT, getting outshot by over twenty shots at home is not acceptable. Our PP was brutal once again (at home) and our first line was completely invisible as was Lombardi.
The Conroy line was the single line, which showed up and fortunately Conroy scored on a great individual effort.
I hope, that the Flames' will be better prepared for the upcoming six games, which are crucial for a solid starting point before the final nine games against divisional rivals.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:05 AM
  #12
Lanny'sDaMan
Registered User
 
Lanny'sDaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
The Conroy line was the single line, which showed up and fortunately Conroy scored on a great individual effort.
And what an amazing goal by Conny that was. Hell, I barely registered the shot let alone got that it went in. And believe you me that's a rare event around my abode!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
I hope, that the Flames' will be better prepared for the upcoming six games, which are crucial for a solid starting point before the final nine games against divisional rivals.
I could not agree more. These next couple games are so very very crucial to our position in the playoffs. Hell every game has been since January, but now ever much more so. Tied in point with Minnesota, they have 2 more wins. They lose again whilst we win and boom, First and third respectively in our division and conference. Lose and we could even end up under Colorado. (as hard to believe as that is)

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
  #13
Cyrus
Registered User
 
Cyrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 619
vCash: 50
Kipper was clearly outstanding last night; when I see a shot total like that I assume there were a lot of perimeter/low % shots, but watching the game that wasn't the case.

PP was bad, PK was really good (or maybe just looked that way because the Columbus PP was bad) but Phaneuf with 4 minors?! He has to play more disciplined than that. A team with a decent PP would have eaten us alive there.

And while I would have liked to see Lombo get a few more 2nd line minutes, I can't argue with Conroy playing like he did tonight.

Huge game, bette OOT scoreboard, let's keep it rolling!

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
  #14
special_loob
Registered User
 
special_loob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
the first two periods by the flames were horrendous. sloppy play, no effort. we're lucky that kipper bailed them out last night.

the flames offense looked a little better in the third, but what's with that top line not shooting? it's like they're more worried about making the sportscenter highlights over putting the puck in the net.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
  #15
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
PP was bad, PK was really good (or maybe just looked that way because the Columbus PP was bad) but Phaneuf with 4 minors?! He has to play more disciplined than that. A team with a decent PP would have eaten us alive there.

Yeah, I agree. It's a good thing they were able to kill those penalties 'cause they could have really come back to kick them in the ass.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
  #16
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Tough game to watch. Very boring style Columbus plays. Just couldn't get any offence going in the first two periods. Partly the flames fault as they were standing around quite a bit, but the Jackets can be a frustrating team to play against. Nice to come away with the win especially with the Wild and Canucks losing too.

KIPPER! Great game tonight. Nice to see him get another shutout. That's the kind of play we will be needing for the rest of the season from him. And we all know he is capable of it. Phaneuf and Regehr both struggled tonight I thought. Dion just couldn't stay out of the box. Hope Sarich draws back in on Friday.

39 shots on Kipper = boring style? I thought Columbus was simply better 5 on 5, but having no PP kills them.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
  #17
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
What a nice surprise to see a 39 save shutout from Kipper! Huge 2 points!!

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2008, 08:50 PM
  #18
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
A few comments - didn't have a chance in the GDT...

Brule (wasn't on the first line) has looked much better since his stint in Syracuse in January (I think it was January).

I liked the comment about how we had more chances than you did when you were on the powerplay. We also had more chances shorthanded than when we were on the powerplay. It would be nice if we could refuse penalties - we are horrible on the PP.

Kipper looked very good last night, but the CBJ were taking low percentage shots (again).

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:20 AM
  #19
chriss_co
Registered User
 
chriss_co's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CALGARY
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
A few comments - didn't have a chance in the GDT...

Brule (wasn't on the first line) has looked much better since his stint in Syracuse in January (I think it was January).

I liked the comment about how we had more chances than you did when you were on the powerplay. We also had more chances shorthanded than when we were on the powerplay. It would be nice if we could refuse penalties - we are horrible on the PP.

Kipper looked very good last night, but the CBJ were taking low percentage shots (again).
lol.. i had a little chuckle at your username... minus the 'c' of course


oh yea, the game! good stuff kipper!

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
  #20
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co View Post
lol.. i had a little chuckle at your username... minus the 'c' of course


oh yea, the game! good stuff kipper!
Hah, this is a hockey forum Be nice to our foreign posters

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.