HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rita!!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2004, 10:04 AM
  #76
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,595
vCash: 500
In my opinion there is very little you can say to defend this organizations mismanagement of this player.

Jani, I hope you make it with whatever franchise you play for next.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:08 AM
  #77
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
In my opinion there is very little you can say to defend this organizations mismanagement of this player.

Jani, I hope you make it with whatever franchise you play for next.
Oh, there's lots I can say...

But I've already said it all. The <b>only</b> reason everyone is in a huff is because he is a 1st round pick. If he was a 4th rounder, it wouldn't even be a topic.

This has nothing to do with his skill, or whether he deserves a shot, it's all about his draft position.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
  #78
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Evidently, Bishai is getting called back up Monday, but Rita is staying in T.O.
I read that too...so what is going on here?

The Oilers call Geoff Ward, tell him they need to call up two forwards, one of them a center. They ask him which ones are the most deserving, supposedly he says Bishai and Rita.

They get up here, Bishai gets into the lineup right away while Rita sits in the pressbox. MacT talks about how this could be Rita's last chance, that they wanted one more look at him before they have to make a decision on him. Meanwhile, the papers are putting out articles left and right about Bishai and the usual 'Edmonton boy living a dream' articles...while few scribes even go near Rita. No 'educating Rita' articles to be seen.

So we get to the break, and both guys are sent down. Not a huge surprise, give 'em a couple of games in the A and then bring 'em back up, right? Wrong.

We're told that Rita will stay down there, while Bishai gets the return ticket.

Can someone PLEASE explain the reasoning behind jerking Rita around like this?

If they brought him up only to look at his work habits and attitude, couldn't they have had Ward give them a dissertation on the matter and save the travel costs?

If they brought him up to show them what he can do in NHL game conditions...oops.

If they brought him up to showcase him for a deal...oops.

IMO there's only two logical reasons the team would call up Rita at this time of the season...either to see what he's got because his waiver exemption is up after this year, or to showcase him for a deal because they don't think he'll ever make it here.

Neither one seems to have been accomplished. I hope Lowe is asked about this Guy, because I'm VERY curious about the thought process behind his 'callup'.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:24 AM
  #79
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Remember Rita was to be evaluated in every single situation. If he breathed wrong MacT would be all over him. Perhaps he fell down in one of the practices and that was it for him.

I think the main idea was to get him into a few practices, and barring a trade it's kind of hard to get Rita into a position where he would get some good ice time, although I don't see why he can't dress a few games over Chimera.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:12 AM
  #80
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Oh, there's lots I can say...

But I've already said it all. The <b>only</b> reason everyone is in a huff is because he is a 1st round pick. If he was a 4th rounder, it wouldn't even be a topic.

This has nothing to do with his skill, or whether he deserves a shot, it's all about his draft position.
You are management biased on this issue. Everyone is already predisposed on what you have to say.

If Rita was called up and played for two games and stunk out the joint at least he was given the two games.

This is horsecrap, it will always be horsecrap, and if you go back along the entire career with Jani Rita and point out where he got his real shot. Not kinda shot, not sent down because he had a two way contract, never once whined or complained about anything. How about 10 more games? How about 5 games?

And as far as where he was picked? The guy was named the top AHL guy two years ago and isn't good enough for a 10 game stint the next season? The guy is within a year and a half of being named one of the top 50 prospects in the world? Draft position? Bah.

Lynch was a 2nd rounder and I feel the same way. Salmelainen was a 2nd rounder and I feel the same way.

And this last time..."Rita, you are called up. Rita it is your last chance. Rita you are sent down without playing again." Face the facts...he has been jerked again.


Last edited by Slats432: 02-05-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Slats432 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM
  #81
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
You are management biased on this issue. Everyone is already predisposed on what you have to say.

If Rita was called up and played for two games and stunk out the joint at least he was given the two games.

This is horsecrap, it will always be horsecrap, and if you go back along the entire career with Jani Rita and point out where he got his real shot. Not kinda shot, not sent down because he had a two way contract, never once *****ed or complained about anything. How about 10 more games? How about 5 games?

And as far as where he was picked? The guy was named the top AHL guy two years ago and isn't good enough for a 10 game stint the next season? The guy is within a year and a half of being named one of the top 50 prospects in the world? Draft position? Bah.

Lynch was a 2nd rounder and I feel the same way. Salmelainen was a 2nd rounder and I feel the same way.

And this last time..."Rita, you are called up. Rita it is your last chance. Rita you are sent down without playing again." Face the facts...he has been jerked again.
I am not management biased on this issue, I am I've seen the guy play all season long and for the past 3 seasons biased on this issue.

And Rita was never named the top player in the AHL... that I can guarantee you.

Being jerked? I don't think so. Being jerked is being passed over for guys you have more talent than, work harder than and are hungrier than. That hasn't been the case. Who's to say he isn't going to get a shot? Maybe the Oilers called him up in order to help him with certain things, or in order to have some face to face meetings with him.

We don't know... but of course, everyone is jumping on the poor Rita bandwagon and assuming he is being screwed here, and pretending to know what is going on inside his head, when in actual fact, we don't know. There is still 30 games left in the season, and lots of time for him to get his callup to get his chance.

But no... everyone is automatically on the negative. It's all Mac-T's fault, or Lowe's fault. Maybe it's no one's fault. Maybe Rita's going back to Toronto with new found confidence and enthusiasm. Maybe Rita has direction as to what the club is expecting from him down in Toronto.

How about we wait until it is all played out before we cruicify management for ruining something that may never get ruined. I understand everyone is pissy because of the poor season, but you complaining about it here isn't going to make a difference. You aren't saying things about Rita that they don't know, and maybe they have a plan.

Just because you aren't privy to it, doesn't mean that is isn't good, or what's best for everyone involved.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:34 AM
  #82
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
I think everyone outside of the Oilers management and coaching staff is shaking their collective noggins on the Rita situation. Not only have they not given him a chance, they have destroyed his trade vlae. He is a forgotten man and the OIls continue to suffer from holes on D and centre ice...the same holes which have effectively ruined the season. Imagine if the team was in the running for a plyoff spot....do you think Ricci or Zhamnov would have been decent deadline acquisitions? What a joke. I feel for you Oil fans but I have seen similar situations in Vancouver with the handling of Josh Holden and later Bryan Allen. If the Canucks had given Holden a chance in his first camp (it was clear he could play in the NHL) he never would have been subjected to the injury that killed his career. Even after that point the Nux still saw him as a second line centre but never let him play through the youthful mistakes all prospects make. He scored three points in one game and was sent down the next day. Like I said....I feel for you.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:39 AM
  #83
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
It will never happen

because this is Edmonton but it would behoove one of the scribes to tackle this issure.

We know what we have with Chimera. Why not see what we have with Rita?

I think this is a case of Lowe being being a fan because he wasn't a Lowe pick. In a situation like Semi's, Lowe couldn't play faves because we needed a young D so bad he had to play.

But in this case with so many wingers around, Lowe is picking and choosing and it's a joke that Rita couldn't get a 10 game tryout. Runners are on The Score on Fri and I would imagine both guys will be interviewed.

I'd love for Rita to be candid about what did or didn't happen


Last edited by Matts: 02-05-2004 at 11:41 AM. Reason: content
Matts is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
  #84
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I am not management biased on this issue, I am I've seen the guy play all season long and for the past 3 seasons biased on this issue.

And Rita was never named the top player in the AHL... that I can guarantee you.

Being jerked? I don't think so. Being jerked is being passed over for guys you have more talent than, work harder than and are hungrier than. That hasn't been the case. Who's to say he isn't going to get a shot? Maybe the Oilers called him up in order to help him with certain things, or in order to have some face to face meetings with him.

We don't know... but of course, everyone is jumping on the poor Rita bandwagon and assuming he is being screwed here, and pretending to know what is going on inside his head, when in actual fact, we don't know. There is still 30 games left in the season, and lots of time for him to get his callup to get his chance.

But no... everyone is automatically on the negative. It's all Mac-T's fault, or Lowe's fault. Maybe it's no one's fault. Maybe Rita's going back to Toronto with new found confidence and enthusiasm. Maybe Rita has direction as to what the club is expecting from him down in Toronto.

How about we wait until it is all played out before we cruicify management for ruining something that may never get ruined. I understand everyone is pissy because of the poor season, but you complaining about it here isn't going to make a difference. You aren't saying things about Rita that they don't know, and maybe they have a plan.

Just because you aren't privy to it, doesn't mean that is isn't good, or what's best for everyone involved.
I think Slats meant the AHL's top prospect, not top player.

If they called him up just to help him with certain things, or to have a face to face...tell me why they pay Geoff Ward again? I'm sure he's been doing that with Rita all year long, and if Lowe wanted to talk to Rita one on one wasn't he down there to personally watch a couple of games recently?

I just find it confusing to have the coach talk about last chances and evaluations on a shift to shift basis, only to see the player get sent back down without so much as a shift?

I'm not being 'pissy', I'm just confused by it all, and a bit worried about an asset being squandered.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:03 PM
  #85
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
because this is Edmonton but it would behoove one of the scribes to tackle this issure.

We know what we have with Chimera. Why not see what we have with Rita?

I think this is a case of Lowe being being a fan because he wasn't a Lowe pick. In a situation like Semi's, Lowe couldn't play faves because we needed a young D so bad he had to play.

But in this case with so many wingers around, Lowe is picking and choosing and it's a joke that Rita couldn't get a 10 game tryout. Runners are on The Score on Fri and I would imagine both guys will be interviewed.

I'd love for Rita to be candid about what did or didn't happen
Chimera wasn't drafted by Kevin Lowe either, so it's kind of hard to say Lowe doesn't like guys he didn't pick.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:13 PM
  #86
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I think Slats meant the AHL's top prospect, not top player.

If they called him up just to help him with certain things, or to have a face to face...tell me why they pay Geoff Ward again? I'm sure he's been doing that with Rita all year long, and if Lowe wanted to talk to Rita one on one wasn't he down there to personally watch a couple of games recently?
Like I said... who knows. The Oilers (specifically Mac and Lowe), may want to see him personally in a few practices and let him know exactly what they want from him. It's one thing to hear it cycled down from guys like Howson and Ward, and it's another to hear it from the big bosses themselves. It's like at work... don't you seem to take compliments or criticisms more to heart if it comes from someone higher up in the company?

Quote:
I just find it confusing to have the coach talk about last chances and evaluations on a shift to shift basis, only to see the player get sent back down without so much as a shift?
And a number of things could have happened, one being Rita showed up and did bugger all in practice. Another being that right now might not be the best time to give Rita a shot, and it's better served later on. Or maybe they've made their decision on him. I mean Torres didn't get sniff with the NHL club before getting a one way. There are so many possible things that may have gone on. Saying he will be evaluated shift by shift, etc could just have been their way to give him a spark. The point is, we aren't privy to this info, and everyone is jumping the gun. Lowe and Mac-T have helped develop more NHL players than we have, maybe they know what they are doing... I certainly have more confidence in them than I do in myself (or anyone for that matter) who knows only part of the story.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:15 PM
  #87
Digger12
Gold Fever
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Back o' beyond
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Like I said... who knows. The Oilers (specifically Mac and Lowe), may want to see him personally in a few practices and let him know exactly what they want from him. It's one thing to hear it cycled down from guys like Howson and Ward, and it's another to hear it from the big bosses themselves. It's like at work... don't you seem to take compliments or criticisms more to heart if it comes from someone higher up in the company?



And a number of things could have happened, one being Rita showed up and did bugger all in practice. Another being that right now might not be the best time to give Rita a shot, and it's better served later on. Or maybe they've made their decision on him. I mean Torres didn't get sniff with the NHL club before getting a one way. There are so many possible things that may have gone on. Saying he will be evaluated shift by shift, etc could just have been their way to give him a spark. The point is, we aren't privy to this info, and everyone is jumping the gun. Lowe and Mac-T have helped develop more NHL players than we have, maybe they know what they are doing... I certainly have more confidence in them than I do in myself (or anyone for that matter) who knows only part of the story.
Fair enough. The whole thing still gives me a tension headache though.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:18 PM
  #88
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
I don't know what the Oilers realistically are going to look like next year a t training camp but if I was Lowe I would be trying to get some value for the guy before he gets into a waiver situation. Rita's value will be a lot lower in September than it even is now.

I know the nux and oilers rarely trade (Slegr - Oksuita was the last one I remeber) but I think with our pathetic depth on the wings a guy like Rita would come in real handy, especially considering neither Arvedson or Keane are likely to be here next year and it looks like King is going to be moved before the deadline. With all the decent prospects the Oilers have at centre I can see Rita being used to acquire a young defender or in a big trade for an established centre.

Is it realistic to expect the finnish centre prospect or Poliot to make the big club next year? Is Brandon reid someone the ilers could use? Would they take a chance on F. Fedorov? Is Adam Oates likely to be moved at the deadline and how has he played recently? If the nux offered up Jokela (a guy I am particularily high on...and in the minority), Reid and a second round pick (2005) for Oates and riat would the Oilers bite. Jokela has had mixed reviews this season but has decent size is a good skater, has some offensive capabilities and is a rhs (something you would need if Smith is moved). Reid is not going to get a chance with the Canucks with Kesler and Chubarov ahead of him.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:23 PM
  #89
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Fair enough. The whole thing still gives me a tension headache though.
I guess I understand where everyone is coming from regarding this, and I guess I have more patience with Management than a lot of other people...

But my feeling is this. Since the new regime, the Oilers have fulfilled their promises. There hasn't been that guy who got away because the Oilers were ignoring them, and the team has remained competetive... for the most part.

I have confidence in this group, simply because they haven't proven that they don't deserve it... granted, I haven't mortgaged my house in a bet that the Oilers will win a cup in the next 10 years, but that's not my style.

I have nothing to gain from the Oilers winning or losing, other than some bragging rights, the occasional sore throat, and maybe a little pride... so I'm not nearly as skeptical and cautious I am when it comes to making decisons that affects my actual life. I'm willing to let the leash go and I will be patient as long as there is progress, and as long as the Oilers continue to remain as honest and as open as they have been.

Towards the end of the Sather era, I had so many issues with regards to the team, simply because of all the problems that it had gone through. With the new regime came a new found sense of optimism, one that hasn't really faded since.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:48 PM
  #90
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,595
vCash: 500
I concede the point that we are not privy to Oiler's management discussions nor their discussions with Rita. We don't have the ability to know what is going through the heads of those who run the show.

But your suggestion of Rita coming up for a few practices and some face to face meetings doesn't hold much water when the fact is that MacT outright said that this is his last chance. What chance?

Why not concede that there is as good a chance that the Oilers are not handling this player correctly? (As we know that as a group if they handled the Comrie situation properly, 89 might have still been here, although that whole thing sure bothers me less than the Rita situation)

Maybe they know what they are doing. I hope they do because I cheer for them just like you do. And when I see an opportunity wasted, I am going to say something, and I am beginning to see Jani Rita as that opportunity wasted.

He was named the top prospect in the AHL or something like that, I don't have a link but I am sure enough people would back me up. He hasn't been given a reasonable shot, and that is all I was asking for.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:54 PM
  #91
vb
Registered User
 
vb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
Before getting a one way, Chimera only played 3 games with the Oilers. There's still a good chance that Rita will get a contract next year, although it may only be for one year.

I like how the Oilers kind of protect their young players. Comrie played with Smyth and Carter, Hemsky plays on the 3rd line when he is lacking confidence, Rita gets development time in the minors while the big team is struggling...

vb is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 01:30 PM
  #92
TK79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
After this latest debactle, I have a feeling Rita's career with the Oilers is over before it was really even given a chance to begin.. I would have no hard feelings if he was struggling in Toronto, but based on his stats and what his couch said this is not the case.I hope the Oilers trade him before the deadline, before they ruin him completely.Great asset management Lowe

TK79 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 03:42 PM
  #93
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb
Before getting a one way, Chimera only played 3 games with the Oilers. There's still a good chance that Rita will get a contract next year, although it may only be for one year.

I like how the Oilers kind of protect their young players. Comrie played with Smyth and Carter, Hemsky plays on the 3rd line when he is lacking confidence, Rita gets development time in the minors while the big team is struggling...
It is also equally likely they simply let him walk as the requirment to qualify would be too high in comparison to players in the 2004 draft class or later. If they do not need him on the team it makes litle sense to sign him and then waive him. I personally think they will move him before then but stranger things have happened. I can see Shvidki, Connolly and Beech possibly not being qualified given their performances to date and high-value contracts.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 06:35 PM
  #94
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
How many years did we sign Chimera for?

He's making 500K right now so I wouldn't imagine he had a multi year pact did he? I would imagine he'll do nothing the rest of the season and then Rita is the next Chimera, ie they finally keep him up after his 3 years in the A means he's no longer waiver exempt

Matts is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:43 PM
  #95
TkachevYak2Slepy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Am I looking at this under the wrong angle. Its not MacTs dislike for Rita.
Its just his blind loyalty to the pluggers. He rates both Pisani and even Chimera way higher than Rita. Just like his insane loyalty to Ferguson.
Now they have gotten themselves into a position where they have no idea whether he can play at a NHL level or not.
And now neither do we. The only question remaining is
will he sign another contract with the team or not? Seeing a parade
of prospects getting called up, and now you do only to sit can't be much of a confidence builder. It certainly reducing his trade value for sure.
Why wasn't Chimera put in center in place of Bishai or for that matter have Chimera
sit. Its not like we haven't already had a good look at Chimera?
Maybe if they trade him, he will catch fire with Florida and Lowe will reevaluate
his coach.

TkachevYak2Slepy is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:44 PM
  #96
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I am not management biased on this issue, I am I've seen the guy play all season long and for the past 3 seasons biased on this issue.

And Rita was never named the top player in the AHL... that I can guarantee you.

Being jerked? I don't think so. Being jerked is being passed over for guys you have more talent than, work harder than and are hungrier than. That hasn't been the case. Who's to say he isn't going to get a shot? Maybe the Oilers called him up in order to help him with certain things, or in order to have some face to face meetings with him.

We don't know... but of course, everyone is jumping on the poor Rita bandwagon and assuming he is being screwed here, and pretending to know what is going on inside his head, when in actual fact, we don't know. There is still 30 games left in the season, and lots of time for him to get his callup to get his chance.

But no... everyone is automatically on the negative. It's all Mac-T's fault, or Lowe's fault. Maybe it's no one's fault. Maybe Rita's going back to Toronto with new found confidence and enthusiasm. Maybe Rita has direction as to what the club is expecting from him down in Toronto.

How about we wait until it is all played out before we cruicify management for ruining something that may never get ruined. I understand everyone is pissy because of the poor season, but you complaining about it here isn't going to make a difference. You aren't saying things about Rita that they don't know, and maybe they have a plan.

Just because you aren't privy to it, doesn't mean that is isn't good, or what's best for everyone involved.
Very well said dawgbone, I agree with what you said. We don't know what the whole situation with Rita is. We aren't on the Edmonton Oilers team and maybe there is some really questionable or bad things that Rita has done or something. We just really have no idea. The Oilers have so many scouts and I'm sure the Management of this team isn't going to let a good player go to waste. If Rita is as good as people have been saying then he will get his chance. I've seen about 10 Roadrunners games this season and Rita hasn't done anything to impress me and that is at the AHL level. The games I've seen, Rita looks pretty lazy and hasn't looked interested in the games at all. Maybe he just doesn't have the heart.

oildrop is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 09:06 PM
  #97
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: no thanks
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,614
vCash: 1072
im pretty well going to let this drop, but time to get my last lick in. im disappointed, some of you guys are right perhaps we dont know the situation however to me it seems like another young prospect in the oilers organization that is not given a fair shake. mact seems to have something against rita, maybe something happened in the past or as dawgbone pointed out he has watched rita play and his play is inconsistent. anyways my last thought on the matter, just thinking we are going to lose a good player. im out.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 09:15 PM
  #98
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Ive learned my lesson. Its exhausting and damaging to your health to have to argue and argue your point of view against this..unchanging, stubborn opinion of others regarding some players. They will not listen to the other side, because they KNOW they're right. And they will argue a point to death, just so...... ah..nevermind.

Any future threads or posts with the names Rita, Salo, Horcoff or "MacTavish is GOOD coach" I will skip and stay blind to. Its not worth it. Watching the product on the ice is giving me enough ulcers and tension headaches already.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 09:40 PM
  #99
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
im pretty well going to let this drop, but time to get my last lick in. im disappointed, some of you guys are right perhaps we dont know the situation however to me it seems like another young prospect in the oilers organization that is not given a fair shake. mact seems to have something against rita, maybe something happened in the past or as dawgbone pointed out he has watched rita play and his play is inconsistent. anyways my last thought on the matter, just thinking we are going to lose a good player. im out.
Just a question...

under this regime, which young prospect hasn't been given a fair shake?

dawgbone is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:30 PM
  #100
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Just a question...

under this regime, which young prospect hasn't been given a fair shake?
The old me would love to answer this in a long, detailed form. But now I know better.

windowlicker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.