HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Question

View Poll Results: What kind of NHL roster would you prefer?
26/27 man roster plus 3 in the box 1 10.00%
Current NHL roster of 23 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Roster Question

I know I know.. but lets see how good scoob's "impression" is.

Would you prefer a NHL roster of 26 or 27 players with 3 in the pressbox and Springfield's roster set at 15?

Or

Do you prefer the current 23 man NHL roster and Springfield's 22 man squad?

"The impression I get is that a majority of posters here would only be happy if, regardless of merit, the Yotes roster would be set at at 26 or 27 with 2 or 3 stashed in the press box rather than here developing and the Falcons roster set at 15 or 16" - scoob

Old
02-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Dan

This is as silly and useless as a Marty 'mighty duck' power play.

Old
02-02-2004, 01:59 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
I know I know.. but lets see how good scoob's "impression" is.

Would you prefer a NHL roster of 26 or 27 players with 3 in the pressbox and Springfield's roster set at 15?

Or

Do you prefer the current 23 man NHL roster and Springfield's 22 man squad?

"The impression I get is that a majority of posters here would only be happy if, regardless of merit, the Yotes roster would be set at at 26 or 27 with 2 or 3 stashed in the press box rather than here developing and the Falcons roster set at 15 or 16" - scoob
A better poll might be: Excluding the goalies how many of the prospects on the Falcons have any business skating in the American Hockey League ? To put it another way; How many should be skating in the E or even in the U ?

Last edited by scoob4093: 02-02-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old
02-02-2004, 06:36 PM
PhoPhan

I think it's odd that scoob was the only one so far who voted for 26-27 on the roster with 3 in the pressbox. This seems to be everything he stands against, but assumes all Coyotes fans feel that way. Obviously, no one feels that way and scoob merely voted one way to distort the poll.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Gwyddbwyll

If you think that's a better poll then good for you. Go post it here. Ive already had the prospect quality debate with you, presented independent assessments of it to you, and now realise that nothing at all will change your mind.

The purpose of this poll was to show you that your "impression" of Coyote fans was dead wrong. By the way - you do know that people can see who voted and further, see that the single vote there is actually yours! Seems like you are the "majority" around here in favor of a NHL roster of 27. C'mon.

Look scoob - I dont have a problem with your grievances about the situation in Springfield or that you are angry with the Coyotes management. But that doesnt mean you can take it out on us. Attempting to belittle posters here is just insulting especially when you have to make up stuff to do so. Most of us are interested in your hockey opinions, not this stuff.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Gwyddbwyll

BTW quote from a independent fan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I am not a McLeod fan at all, but to be fair to him, he plays on a joke of a team. Something just isn't right with that squad to be performing the way they are, seems to me they have more than adequate talent all around.

Old
02-02-2004, 10:58 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
If you think that's a better poll then good for you. Go post it here. Ive already had the prospect quality debate with you, presented independent assessments of it to you, and now realise that nothing at all will change your mind.

The purpose of this poll was to show you that your "impression" of Coyote fans was dead wrong. By the way - you do know that people can see who voted and further, see that the single vote there is actually yours! Seems like you are the "majority" around here in favor of a NHL roster of 27. C'mon.

Look scoob - I dont have a problem with your grievances about the situation in Springfield or that you are angry with the Coyotes management. But that doesnt mean you can take it out on us. Attempting to belittle posters here is just insulting especially when you have to make up stuff to do so. Most of us are interested in your hockey opinions, not this stuff.
OK. Going by the statistics and first hand observation it is painfully obvious that McLeod, Podlesak and Lukes are in over their head. Spiller,Taffe and Sjostrom are in Phoenix and I think that there are at least some here besides myself who think that at least 1 or 2 of them should be in Springfield. Stutzel has tapered off after a good start, Knyazev has been a disappointment and Tselios has been hot and cold. Jaspers and Westrum are on the last year of their contracts and likely are gone. Banham is apparently already under contract to play for a team called Torpedo next season in Russia. Kolanos couldn't care less about being here (he has one assist over the last 9 games) and gives about 30% effort at best every night. Bezina is now playing forward but has done nothing special. The saving grace so far has been the play of the goalies; the only reason this motley group has been remotely competitive. To put it another way if it wasn't for them they'd get blown out every night. It ain't a pretty picture and it hasn't been for the last 4 seasons. I wish the good citizens of Salt Lake City bonne chance next season.

Closed Thread