HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's up with RDS??

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
electric

vCash: 500
What's up with RDS??

This is supposed to be a Habs pre-game show... and they're talking more about football than hockey. The announcers are dressed in football jerseys, and they intereview HOCKEY player to ask them about their FOOTBALL predictions.

Yikes. I mean... WTF?

I know there's football this afternoon, but please just wait after the game to go crazy over it. I got enough of football being stuck watching ESPN when I was in the USA so the last thing I want to hear about when I tune on RDS for a HOCKEY game is football.

Honestly, I really don't think football announcers would be wearing hockey jerseys and talking about hockey if they were to present a game or whatever the day of the Stanley Cup finals.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
This is supposed to be a Habs pre-game show... and they're talking more about football than hockey. The announcers are dressed in football jerseys, and they intereview HOCKEY player to ask them about their FOOTBALL predictions.

Yikes. I mean... WTF?

I know there's football this afternoon, but please just wait after the game to go crazy over it. I got enough of football being stuck watching ESPN when I was in the USA so the last thing I want to hear about when I tune on RDS for a HOCKEY game is football.

Honestly, I really don't think football announcers would be wearing hockey jerseys and talking about hockey if they were to present a game or whatever the day of the Stanley Cup finals.
man get over it, its the biggest game of the year!! GO PATS GO!!!!!!!

Old
02-01-2004, 06:30 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
:mad:

Go HABS Go!

Football sucks.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Mathletic

WTF ???

it's probably the second worst game of the season, and the greatest football game of the season, so that's fine with me

Old
02-01-2004, 06:57 PM
goalchenyuk

may i suggest you to listen to the radio for the pre-matchs ; Dany Dubé is by far more interresting than the rds staff.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
may i suggest you to listen to the radio for the pre-matchs ; Dany Dubé is by far more interresting than the rds staff.
true

Old
02-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
FAVRE FOR PREZ!

Old
02-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
yeah yeah , most of the people who watch the superbowl is for being with friends and drink a couple of beers . Most of them don't even know 5 players from each team ( ask them you'll see ) ... pathetic .

Old
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Yeah no doubt... I really hate the hype that the American media creates for the event. I'm equally as puzzled why so many Canadians host SuperBowl parties. There are no Canadian teams, no Canadian players (rarely does occur, once in a while), and total pro-American banter. I can understand why so ppl would tune in, the games are exciting... but to have parties, celebrating with family and friends? A little too much.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric

Yikes. I mean... WTF?

I was thinking the same thing. I never watch NFL football, and I just wanted them to talk about my pride and joy, OUR pride, the Habs. I don't want to hear anything about the damn superbowl! I tune in to watch some hockey, not to be bombarded by what may as well have been called the "Please watch the Superbowl on RDS" pre-game segment. Shame on RDS. Some will say there is nothing wrong with promoting a major (...) sports event on one's own channel. Mayhap. But do it during commercial breaks.

To RDS, I say:

Hab fans are your most loyal viewers, so have some respect for us and our team.

Old
02-01-2004, 11:48 PM
electric

What really irks me is that this was the Habs-Hawks pre-game show... and 75% of what they talk about is football. And interviewing the players to ask them for football predictions was the nail that shut the coffin. I almost spilled my coffee.

Read this article:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N40035B1F.html

I mean, WTF? This is the Canadiens section of the website, an article supposed to talk about Sheldon Souray, judging from the title... and 60% of it is about football

Old
02-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
FAVRE FOR PREZ!
word!!!

Old
02-02-2004, 03:10 AM
Tuggy

That was probably the best Super Bowl I have ever seen!!

Favre for Prez? How bout BRADY FOR PREZ!!!

Old
02-02-2004, 03:18 AM
sandman08

Quote:

nah
jake delhomme for prez
the guy isnt supposed to throw the ball.. just hand off to davis and foster and he pretty much matched mr brady yard for yard baby

Old
02-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Habsolument

Quote:

I would say it's the best I've seen since the Rams/Titans one, 4-5 years ago
1st quarter and most of the 2nd were boring. Those last 2 minutes were unbelivable, 3rd quarter was good and 4th classic.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
I would say it's the best I've seen since the Rams/Titans one, 4-5 years ago
1st quarter and most of the 2nd were boring. Those last 2 minutes were unbelivable, 3rd quarter was good and 4th classic.
Yeah the 4th quarter was nuts!!! My nevres were shot by the end of the game

WHO DA MAn?!?!

Old
02-02-2004, 03:28 AM
sandman08

gah damn adam vinatieri has burned me TWICE in the last 3 years..
and on top of that.. i HATE the bucs with a passion.. (as in i scared my gf with the things i'd like to see happen to them and needless to say if i were to post them on here, ppl would lose respect in me (if anyone actually has any respect in me of course) .. but yeah.. so thats 3 years in a row that ive watched the team i didnt want to win the damn SB win ... grrrr

Old
02-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
gah damn adam vinatieri has burned me TWICE in the last 3 years..
and on top of that.. i HATE the bucs with a passion.. (as in i scared my gf with the things i'd like to see happen to them and needless to say if i were to post them on here, ppl would lose respect in me (if anyone actually has any respect in me of course) .. but yeah.. so thats 3 years in a row that ive watched the team i didnt want to win the damn SB win ... grrrr
Well with Vinatieri coming up for that 41 yarder, lets just say that I wasn't exactly too confident in his kicking at that moment. But as soon as it left his foot and just stood up and you knew! I also hate the Bucs and one of my friends is a HUGE Bucs fan so this was sweet

Old
02-02-2004, 03:57 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Well with Vinatieri coming up for that 41 yarder, lets just say that I wasn't exactly too confident in his kicking at that moment. But as soon as it left his foot and just stood up and you knew! I also hate the Bucs and one of my friends is a HUGE Bucs fan so this was sweet
warren sapp can eat dung

Old
02-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Dutchy

Gimme a REAL Super Bowl... There were no freaking heros in tonight's game. SOOOOOO many stupid mistakes made by SOOOOOO many players made for one boring game. The defensive plays weren't even that good.... If it wasn't for the last few drives, I would have killed myself!

I can't wait for the Pack to get back to the big game!

Old
02-02-2004, 04:06 AM
sandman08

brett favre rules for sure
i love that guy lol
but i have to disagree with the no freakin heroes thing.. cause like.. umm.. mohammed, proehl, vinateri, brady, delhomme, davis, foster, smith and faulk all made GREAT plays

Old
02-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Dutchy

Yeah, I guess I just didn't watch the same game as everyone else, cause everybody seems to think that that was one of the best SB of all time. I just found the 1st half so freaking boring that it just killed the rest of the game for me. Carolina had -29 yards passing after 25 min. COME ON!!!

Old
02-02-2004, 04:16 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I just didn't watch the same game as everyone else, cause everybody seems to think that that was one of the best SB of all time. I just found the 1st half so freaking boring that it just killed the rest of the game for me. Carolina had -29 yards passing after 25 min. COME ON!!!

the first 25 mins was the longest a SB has gone with no scoring though but after that the game DID get really exciting with some of those plays

Old
02-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Dutchy

I still say that when you're kicker is your star player, there's a freaking problem.

Old
02-02-2004, 10:15 PM
sandman08

Quote:
I still say that when you're kicker is your star player, there's a freaking problem.
i think Tom "im goin to disneyland" brady is considered to be the star player on the pats more so than vinateri

Closed Thread