HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cam Barker

Old
03-06-2008, 09:33 AM
dieseleric

vCash: 500
Cam Barker

What does everyone else think of Cam Barker's progress over this last little while. After battling some injury problems over the past few years that have slowed his development, it looked at the start of the year like he might never become the player he was projected to be. However, he has been playing very well lately, contributing on the power play and even stepping in to drop the gloves when someone takes a run at one of our stars.

dieseleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
not dominator

He is definitely starting to come into his own, he's played very well after some NHL adjustment time. As someone who wasn't sure he'd ever hit his potential at the begining of the season I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
massivegoonery

Cam Barker looked fantastic last night. I'm incredibly high on him right now. I don't think it's unreasonable to project him as a future top-pairing guy.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Teemu

He's actually starting to look like an NHL defenseman.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseleric View Post
What does everyone else think of Cam Barker's progress over this last little while. After battling some injury problems over the past few years that have slowed his development, it looked at the start of the year like he might never become the player he was projected to be. However, he has been playing very well lately, contributing on the power play and even stepping in to drop the gloves when someone takes a run at one of our stars.
If he shows flashes of brilliance, I can accept the inconsistency from a 21/22 YO d-man. He has definetely gotten more comfortable and confident on the ice, which allows him to play physical. Early in the year he just looked terrified out there, and Savard playing him with Buff sure didn't help.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
fourLEAFclover

He has really rounded off his game lately. Contributing every time is on the ice. It's nice to see him finally doing well after all the ifs and buts that have surrounded him

fourLEAFclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
The guy has the tools, all he ever needed was to get (and keep) his head on straight.

Getting a quality, leader type defenseman in the offseason might be just what Barker needs to keep pushing his game, along with being good for the Hawks overall.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
bullsville

Send a message via MSN to bullsville
Barker will be a very good dman,trust me

bullsville is offline   Reply With Quote