HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Esche hurt... what does this mean?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Esche hurt... what does this mean?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=70824

basically esche will be out for 3 weeks, so the flyers are going to make a deal unless this kid Antero Niittymaki can really play? we will have to see but i expect clarke to make a deal

i wonder if he goes for burke or if he goes all out and gets khabi? id expect him to make some deal but i wouldnt be shocked if he makes a an amazing offer for khabi, one that that tampa just couldnt pass up, they still could use another offensive d-man, one better than sydor, and a foward with some scoring touch

the devils are close behind them and to be going with a rookie and an ahl caliber backup is something no team would do, oh wait the rangers did that last year with blackburn and labarbera until blackie was worn out

i bet clarke aint that dumb

Old
02-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Brad*

It means nothing to Rangers fans. Antero Niittymaki will start against Washington and Neil Little will go against Atlanta - which are the only two Flyers games up until the All-Star break.

Jeff Hackett is getting healthy and will be able to play shortly after the break, so the chances of the Flyers trading for a goalie to rent for a FEW games is very slim. Am I the only one who finds it odd that Rangers fans are more worried about this then Flyers fans?

Old
02-03-2004, 07:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Rangers fans are more worried about this then Flyers fans?

no.

Old
02-03-2004, 08:08 PM
rickyrod

i think he's worried about it because some ranger fans want khabi in net for us.

Old
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i think he's worried about it because some ranger fans want khabi in net for us.
Go for it. There is not much of a chance the Rangers will have competition from the Flyers for his services.

Old
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Rangers fans are more worried about this then Flyers fans?
Hmm ... here you've got a thread to which one Ranger fan has replied, but two Flyers fans have.

On the Flyers board you have a sticky thread with 64 replies and counting; second thread entitled, "Philly goalie situation;" a third announcing your starting goalie against the Caps; a fourth called "Rumors refuse to die" that takes as its primary discussion the possibility of Burke to the Flyers; a fifth called "Rumor: Biron to Phi."

But, Ranger fans are more worried than Flyer fans.

You're "observation" is laughable.

Edit: Ouch! There goes another thread: "Esche out for 3 weeks"! And the thing had its first reply in a minute!

Last edited by dedalus: 02-03-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Hmm ... here you've got a thread to which one Ranger fan has replied, but two Flyers fans have.

On the Flyers board you have a sticky thread with 64 replies and counting; second thread entitled, "Philly goalie situation;" a third announcing your starting goalie against the Caps; a fourth called "Rumors refuse to die" that takes as its primary discussion the possibility of Burke to the Flyers; a fifth called "Rumor: Biron to Phi."

But, Ranger fans are more worried than Flyer fans.

You're laughable.
Not to mention that the comment was made in response to the ONLY post on Philly's goalie situation on this board. Yup, we really sank our teeth into this topic.

We're more concerned with honoring our goalie than we are about Philly's situation, bad as it continues to be.

Richter

Old
02-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
You're "observation" is laughable.[/I]
Is it really? It would seem to me that the Rangers have a LOT more pressing worries then an injury to a Flyers goaltender, short term injury at that.

Old
02-03-2004, 08:32 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Is it really? It would seem to me that the Rangers have a LOT more pressing worries then an injury to a Flyers goaltender, short term injury at that.
Yes and if your first comment concerned the Rangers rather than their fans on this board, you might have a point.

Edit: I'd also like for you to actually address my point, which concerned the number of Flyer fan posts on this topic and the number of Ranger fan posts, and how those numbers correlate with your statement that, "Rangers fans are more worried about this then Flyers fans."

Now quick! Scamper back to your board and tell everyone, "Shhh! the Ranger fans are watching! We have to play it cool!"

Last edited by dedalus: 02-03-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old
02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
flyersphantom
maybe u need to learn to read? the post was just to say the flyers have 2 injured goalies and i was asking a question if they will make a deal for a goalie, something the rangers have been rumored to be looking to upgrade

also i clearly noted how clarke probably will not let the flyers deal with a similar situation, if esche and hackett are going to miss some serious time, as to the one we did last year with 2 young netminders

so calm down about ranger fans talking about the flyers, there were no shots taken at your team, this is a hockey board and if i want to discuss a hockey issue i will

all you had to say was hackett should be healthy soon so i dont expect a trade, but as usual you had to be a flyer fan and u had to respond like a 5 year old

Old
02-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Some of us have an interest in hockey even when it doesn't directly effect the Rangers.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Some of us have an interest in hockey even when it doesn't directly effect the Rangers.
i agree with brooklyn, it may be hard for some people to understand but alot of people just like watching and following hockey in general

i plan on seeing miracle this weekend and im sure most of this board will see it as well and most likely discuss it here, i hope its okay we discuss this non-ranger topic on this ranger message board???

Old
02-03-2004, 10:25 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
your an idiot! what do you really think we all care whats happens with your team? guy was asking a valid question concerning hockey and it happened to be the flyers and you snap at him like that? maybe you need to scamper back to your board! by the way what are you doing on this board anyway? are you more concerned about our hockey team? some of you flyer fans sure have a complex! must be an eagle fan too!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Actually...

in an indirect way, it could effect the Rangers. Hopefully, Clarke overpays for Sean Burke, leaving the stupid attempt by Sather to offer Lundmark for Burke as nothing more than rumor.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
all you had to say was hackett should be healthy soon so i dont expect a trade, but as usual you had to be a flyer fan and u had to respond like a 5 year old
If I offended you I apologize, when I made the post I didn't feel that the last comment was anything more than a derisive statement that wouldn't be taken seriously. I was wrong. I must say, you Ranger fans are getting too soft.

As for you sickboy, its quite obvious that you have no room to call anyone an idiot. Nothing more needs to be said about you.

Old
02-04-2004, 06:57 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
If I offended you I apologize, when I made the post I didn't feel that the last comment was anything more than a derisive statement that wouldn't be taken seriously. I was wrong. I must say, you Ranger fans are getting too soft.

As for you sickboy, its quite obvious that you have no room to call anyone an idiot. Nothing more needs to be said about you.
aww, poor baby! did i hurt your feelings? read your post again and tell me who the idiot is! you really must be an eagle fan! can't take a little critisim? well you deserved it! so off you go! by the way, you don't know me as i you, but when you say "nothing more needs to be said about you" whatever do you mean? did i say something to hurt your precious feelings? well, to freakin bad!! idiot!

Last edited by sickboy35: 02-04-2004 at 07:10 AM.
Old
02-04-2004, 04:42 PM
dedalus

Quote:
I didn't feel that the last comment was anything more than a derisive statement that wouldn't be taken seriously.
At least be honest, dude. The last comment was an attempt to stop Ranger fans from talking about the Flyers' problems. You do the same thing on the Devils' board when Flyers issues you don't like pop up there. (Case in point: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=37265 The first sentence of your first post in the thread says it all: "Well first of all, Iím glad you Devils fans have taken up such a vested interest in the Flyers.")

The humorous part of this is that you don't seem to mind the Devils' fans "vested interest" in a thread called "Flyers pulling Away" (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=32052)

May I be so bold as to suggest that it's peachy with you for fans of other team to discuss the Flyers, so long as the discussion is complimentary to the orange-and-black? That would seem to indicate that you're the one with the "vested interest," my friend. Or perhaps in your unwillingness to read criticism of your team, you are the one "getting too soft," eh?

Closed Thread