HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Jackman To Carolina, Washington or Florida?

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 11:38 PM
ATG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by look out for orpik
it's also been said that we're interested (pittsburgh). i dont know who we would give up, possibly tarnstrom or morozov? who knows. but to whom ever said hes inconsistent .. well if he comes here, he wont be alone
jackman for either morozov or tarnstrom man im a leaf fan and I would be pissed at this deal because the pens would get ripped badly.I would take morozov and pair him with moginly man that would be sweet

Old
02-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
Just so long as you guys throw in a 4th or 5th as well. I don't think it's a bad idea to get a project for a guy that is probably retiring if there's a lockout. Hey, we once traded 3 firsts to get the guy... so getting Jackman, a 2nd (last year's trade) and a 4th/5th as return for him now is a prety good return to me... considering that it's been almost a decade since the Whalercanes traded for Wesley.
We'll give you the fifth, easily.

Old
02-07-2004, 12:55 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
it's also been said that we're interested (pittsburgh). i dont know who we would give up, possibly tarnstrom or morozov? who knows. but to whom ever said hes inconsistent .. well if he comes here, he wont be alone
Ya... that would be a steal for the Leafs.

Though Jacko's still only 25'ish... so I wouldn't be surprised if he was dealt for a bit more then what Leaf fans expect.

Old
02-07-2004, 01:16 PM
craig1

I just wanted to be the 1,960 viewer of this thread. I have not viewed it 400 times, but am now considering doing so after viewing some advice from another thread here in Trade Rumors!!!

Oh, and I just told my girl that we won't be going to the gym for another 30 minutes since I feel the need to do so. I think I may not be able to go out to dinner until around 8 PM now because of it. I hope that doesn't interfere with my plans to go out after!

Last edited by craig1: 02-07-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old
02-07-2004, 01:22 PM
craig1

Quote:
Jackman is a Jamie Pushor clone. You would like the Pens to trade Morozov or Tarnstrom for a Jamie Pushor clone? Jackman is not young enough to have much upside given his skill set and style of play. Toronto is still looking to upgrade their defense, yet Jackman can't crack a unit looking to upgrade?

PS...Toronto fans. I am not saying you have a bad defense. You have a good one, that needs a top end 2-way talent. But Jackman, and I am sure most of you agree is a 7th D-man in the NHL.

Old
02-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Mithras

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
Jackman is a Jamie Pushor clone. You would like the Pens to trade Morozov or Tarnstrom for a Jamie Pushor clone? Jackman is not young enough to have much upside given his skill set and style of play. Toronto is still looking to upgrade their defense, yet Jackman can't crack a unit looking to upgrade?

PS...Toronto fans. I am not saying you have a bad defense. You have a good one, that needs a top end 2-way talent. But Jackman, and I am sure most of you agree is a 7th D-man in the NHL.
I somewhat agree with that, but not quite. As it stands now Jackman is a 7th d-man because that's what he is in Toronto. He's not a 7th d-man becasue there are 6 better defencemen in Toronto though...

The problem with Jackman, as many have already said, is that he is hugely incosistant. One night he is a 2nd pairing d-man who leaves you thinking "my GOD who IS this guy?" and they next night you're saying "my god how can we get rid of this guy?" There are 6 more consistant defenceman in than Jackman in Toronto.

There's a reason he was a 3rd? over-all pick. He has Huge, massive talent. Talent that both he and Quinn have gone on record as saying they are keeping a tight leash on. He has the ability to be a force offencivly, but is in NO way Allowed to.

He's 25, but remember that 3+ out of those are pure rightoff do off ice problems. Last year was really the first full year he has been sober since he was drafted. 3+ years of delevopment down the drain.

If he played every night, I would have no doubt that he would eventually become a steady top 6 d-man. If he actually played to his potential, even 50% of the time and didn't play like an ECHLer the other 50% of the time he could easily be a #4 d-man...

I don't think that Jamie Pushor has That in him...

Old
02-07-2004, 05:03 PM
craig1

Actually, you just described Pushor perfectly. Now that he is older, his play has slipped more, but the way you described Jackman is the same way Pushor was (sans the off ice problems...Pushor is a big time family man from what I understand) in the recent past with Detroit, Anaheim, Columbus and Pittsburgh. I have not seen him with NY.

Closed Thread