HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Nashville @ Calgary

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Craig Conroy 1 4.76%
Miikka Kiprusoff 14 66.67%
Matthew Lombardi 1 4.76%
Alex Tanguay 0 0%
Owen Nolan 1 4.76%
Dion Phaneuf 2 9.52%
Other - please specify 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Nashville @ Calgary

Same procedure as every game.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Hyde

Not a bad game, hey they didn't get blown out, and the Preds were a desperate team.

The odd thing about the Flames is the tend not to have good games when they've had a two day break, they play there best when there tired and overworked. Funny huh

Hey the Nucks, and the Avs can't be that happy with the final outcome take joy in that.

MVP: Kipper.

Now I am off to the Preds board to eat some crow.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

MVP = Kiprusoff, once again, for having a good game and being the reason the Flames got the loser point.

HM to Conroy, for coming through with another big goal.

It's a shame that the Flames on the PP is the equivalent of Stortini in a fight.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:21 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Am I the only one who laughed when Nashville scored in OT? You knew a game with an effort like this one had to end like it did.

I don't know what's worse, giving the puck away like Aucoin did, or his terrible attempt at tying Dumont up while skating past the net. Priceless.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
Am I the only one who laughed when Nashville scored in OT? You knew a game with an effort like this one had to end like it did.

I don't know what's worse, giving the puck away like Aucoin did, or his terrible attempt at tying Dumont up while skating past the net. Priceless.
I did laugh at the end of the game, it was a comedy of errors for the Preds to get the winning goal. Though these games happen no, need to dwell.

Aucoin didn't have a good game, but so what he has been pretty solid for the Flames all year, he was due for a bad one.

Old
03-07-2008, 11:45 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Keenan sounds pretty disapointed in the post-game interview, saying the Flames didn't deserve to win tonight, and he can't understand their lack of urgency at home.

Can't say I disagree. These slow starts are costing this team huge points. And where's the top line?

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:56 PM
mannyb

what the hell is wrong with juice ive been watching for a while now waiting and waiting to see him change BUT SERIOUSLEEYY WHAT IS HE DOING OUT THEREE I LOVE THE GUY ARGHH. i had to vent that out

mannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Keenan sounds pretty disapointed in the post-game interview, saying the Flames didn't deserve to win tonight, and he can't understand their lack of urgency at home.

Can't say I disagree. These slow starts are costing this team huge points. And where's the top line?
They feel comfortable at home, most likely because of the last couple of years, this year they haven't been as good as in the past, but I'll take it because they have been good on the road and they've been good in back to back games, they don't like breaks they need the pressure of a game the next day, which really could be a good thing in the playoffs

I thought the top was okay tonight, have to give the Preds some credit, as Conroy said there are no easy games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyb View Post
what the hell is wrong with juice ive been watching for a while now waiting and waiting to see him change BUT SERIOUSLEEYY WHAT IS HE DOING OUT THEREE I LOVE THE GUY ARGHH. i had to vent that out
I thought he had a good game tonight.

Old
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post

I didn't laugh, but I wasn't surprised....Another very, very poor and lackluster start for the Flames tonight...If not for that fortuitous bounce of the boards to Conroy, we may have not even earned a point tonight...I was wondering who gave the puck away because I was down at the other end of the rink....One of many give-a-ways on the evening....This team continues to perplex.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
I didn't laugh, but I wasn't surprised....Another very, very poor and lackluster start for the Flames tonight...If not for that fortuitous bounce of the boards to Conroy, we may have not even earned a point tonight...I was wondering who gave the puck away because I was down at the other end of the rink....One of many give-a-ways on the evening....This team continues to perplex.....
It was a stupid hard pass. Suter and Weber were both at fault. The game was weak.

I didn't hear Tanguay's name called once until 1/2 way thru the 3rd period.

Flames are not ready for the plyoffs right now.

But...who is?

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Kipper cannot bail out the team every game, so we were prone to lose this one. Flames weren't ready to start the game and missed most parts of the first. Although Preds didn't have that much high-quality chances, it was another lackluster start by the Flames and Kipper saved the game.
The second period however was much better and the Flames created some chances thanks to Lombardi and the Conroy-line.
Our top unit finally shined in the third period after they were invisible in the first two periods, but was unable to put the puck into the net (Huselius' attempts are almost tragic at the moment), but on the other hand, Langkow helped the tired Preds to get back into the game with stuporous turnover. While Erat was unable to score on this occasion, it gave the Preds some momentum and Nichols banked in on Kipper's sole mistake of the whole game in the following. Nevertheless he got my vote, cause he saved us the one point with his stellar performance and was without a chance on the Dumont/Aucoin-co-production in OT.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
You know whats funny, Kipper made all those good saves then let that stinker in. What gives?

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Body Checker

Same old song and dance for this team

They are getting harder and harder to watch as a fan, there is not much to get inspired by, no great forechecking, no great passing

All we can hope for is a playoff spot as a playoff run seems unlikely

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Wags

Let me start by saying I only saw the 1st 2 periods as I had my own game and had to miss the 3rd.

All I saw tonight was another lazy, uninspired lack of effort last night. I am getting sick of seeing wingers not getting to loose pucks on the 1/2 boards in our own zone, forwards not coming back into our zone at all, defensemen taking their sweet-a$$ time getting to pucks in the corners or behind the net, giving the opposing forecheckers a chance to do their thing.

This team just reaks of lazyness...just ask Keenan.

Thank god for Kipper and Cujo...if not for them, we would be a laughing-stock with our play of late.

Heres another thought...if Lombardi doesn't start hitting the net, take away his hockey stick and give him one made for ringette...at least he can't take hooking penalties with that. Fastest guy on the team, but never moves his feet, and hasn't hit the net with a shot in 19 games.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 04:55 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Does anyone on this team know the definition of defense? Aucoin with the turn-over that cost the game, another game with 35+ shots against (I don't get to watch so I din't know how many of those shots are low % but still).
It feels like they think they can win on talent and offense alone. Everyone knows defense and goaltending wins championships, just ask Tampa Bay.

On a more positive note, we're still 1st in the NW thanks to a SO loss for Minnesota and our "game in hand"

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 06:24 PM
bam09

Was I the only one mad that DeVries or whoever held Phaneuf up, even after he lost the puck??

Kipper gets the nod for mvp

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote