HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oiler Predictions

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Most Goals and how many: Smyth 35
Most Points and how many: Smyth 73
Most Points by a D-man: Brewer 38
Most PIM's: Laraque
Most Improved: Brewer
Players who make All-Star team: Smyth
Surprise Players: Horcoff 55 points /Hemsky 57 points
Team MVP : Smyth

Old
08-20-2003, 11:56 AM
copperaddict

Most Goals and how manyvorak and Smyth with 36
Most points and how many:York-71
Most points by a d-man:Brewer-41
Most PIM:Bergeron-134
Most Improved:Isbister(playing with York and Dvorak)
Players who make All Star game:Brewer and Comrie
Surprise Players:Bergeron,Torres
League Rookie of the Year:Jani Rita
Players who don't finish year in Copper and Blue:Moreau,Smith and Salo if he starts the year like he played last year.

Old
08-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Funkymoses

Most Goals and how many: Comrie 35
Most points and how many: Hemsky 68
Most points by a d-man: Staois
Most PIM: Smith
Most Improved: Semenov
Players who make All Star game: Smith
Surprise Players: Staois takes it up a notch.

Old
08-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Digger12

Most goals: Smyth---34
Most points: Smyth--- 75
Most points (Dman): Brewer---35
Most PIMs: Laraque---130
Best +/-: Horcoff
Worst +/-: Semenov
Most improved: Hemsky, Chimera
Surprise players (good): Comrie bounces back, Horcoff becomes 2nd line center, Luoma impresses, Conklin solid as backup
Surprise players (bad): York struggles with lingering injury, Bergeron goes back to farm, Laraque sucks up 3rd line money on the 4th line (not really a surprise I guess)
Top rooks: Stoll, Torres, Luoma
Gone at or before the deadline: Moreau, Isbister (!), Smith
Team MVP: Salo

Old
12-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Mizral

Yet another prediction thread that deserves to be bumped! I'll stop soon.. just one more

Old
12-23-2003, 08:31 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Yet another prediction thread that deserves to be bumped! I'll stop soon.. just one more
It's one thing to bring up old posts and threads to make a point which you have apparently made resoundingly... but all this really does is clutter up the Oiler board. Seriously, though this is something a mod should look at stopping. Frankly, as a mod yourself... shouldn't you know this anyway?

(Be aware that I do not have any sour grapes. I personally thought this team would struggle getting into the playoffs and I believed Brewer would also struggle. )

Last edited by momentai: 12-23-2003 at 08:38 PM.
Old
12-24-2003, 07:13 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It's one thing to bring up old posts and threads to make a point which you have apparently made resoundingly... but all this really does is clutter up the Oiler board. Seriously, though this is something a mod should look at stopping. Frankly, as a mod yourself... shouldn't you know this anyway?

(Be aware that I do not have any sour grapes. I personally thought this team would struggle getting into the playoffs and I believed Brewer would also struggle. )
Huh? Stop reading too much into this momentai. I see what you're getting at, but actually I'm bringing them up because they are, after all, prediction threads, and I find it very interesting to see what was right and what was wrong. I'm probobly just as right/wrong as the rest of you guys too, so it's not like I'm 'prooving' anything.

Old
12-24-2003, 07:22 AM
gretzky2kurri

Mizral wouldn't be a country mile from this board if the Oilers were on a 8 game winning streak and the Nucks were losing. It's amazing how he likes to spend his time here when our fortunes are bad though.

The guy seriously needs a life. More than anyone on the entire HF site. There likely isn't another HF'er that likes to act like an authority on subjects he knows little about......than this guy.

I mean seriously Mizral.......how often are you proven wrong? I'll say one thing for you boy. You are not easily discouraged.

Old
12-24-2003, 11:11 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Huh? Stop reading too much into this momentai. I see what you're getting at, but actually I'm bringing them up because they are, after all, prediction threads, and I find it very interesting to see what was right and what was wrong. I'm probobly just as right/wrong as the rest of you guys too, so it's not like I'm 'prooving' anything.
I realize that. However, what exactly is the point of bringing up 3 separate threads on it? Bringing up one is more than sufficient... anything more is simply excessive at best. I'm sure most people realize what they have predicted... so why the blatant attempt to throw it in their faces. One thread is more than enough IMO and it would be interesting to know who would agree with myself on this board on this matter.

It's a matter of conduct/respect and not bitterness that I find fault with this act.

Closed Thread