HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semi-OT: Camera Policy?

Old
03-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Mistress Mandy

vCash: 500
Semi-OT: Camera Policy?

Did a quick search of the board, found nothing. If this is a little too OT, feel free to do something with this. With that being said...

I'm going to be at the game tomorrow, and I wanted to bring my camera along for the trip. But it's one that's got a zoom, and I wasn't sure if I could bring it into the building because of a "no zoom camera" policy I read online a few days ago. If I bring it, is someone going to confiscate it? Or am I just better off bringing a few disposables instead so I don't have to risk getting them snatched from me upon entering? (I'm not going to be able to head back home or whatever if I can't bring my digital one along, because I'm going to be at least two hours from home.)

Like I said, if this is a little too OT, feel free to lock or something and shoot me a PM. Other than that, thank you in advance, and I hope to catch up with some of you while I'm there.

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:18 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
Did a quick search of the board, found nothing. If this is a little too OT, feel free to do something with this. With that being said...

I'm going to be at the game tomorrow, and I wanted to bring my camera along for the trip. But it's one that's got a zoom, and I wasn't sure if I could bring it into the building because of a "no zoom camera" policy I read online a few days ago. If I bring it, is someone going to confiscate it? Or am I just better off bringing a few disposables instead so I don't have to risk getting them snatched from me upon entering? (I'm not going to be able to head back home or whatever if I can't bring my digital one along, because I'm going to be at least two hours from home.)

Like I said, if this is a little too OT, feel free to lock or something and shoot me a PM. Other than that, thank you in advance, and I hope to catch up with some of you while I'm there.

I don't have a clean answer, per say...

However, you can pretty much sneak anything in. Open your bag with the Camera in a case when you go in, 19 out of 20 times they really don't care. Especially if you have a younger one, give it to them.

I snuck just about anything in Tuesday.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Smashley

Everytime I've been to the garden (12-16 times) i have brought a camera and never once has anyone noticed it or said anything about it. I got a 12 oz bottle of wine (not for me!!! Ack!) in last weekend.

Last edited by Smashley: 03-08-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
You should have no problem as long as the thing isn't like a foot+ long.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:27 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Security at MSG is much less tight than...your typical AHL arena. Sad, but true.

You should have no problem bringing in the camera. I'll be bringing mine to the same game.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:28 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
You should have no problem as long as the thing isn't like a foot+ long.
what he said.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:44 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I sat next to a guy who was asked to put away his camera once. It was one of the huge gray crazy expensive/professional looking things. The issue is that the 'pros' pay a lot of $$$ to sit in a seat with one of those silly holes in the glass thus cheap a** Dolan doesn't want people taking high quality shots without paying their fee... if you have a reg camera you will be fine.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Mistress Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I sat next to a guy who was asked to put away his camera once. It was one of the huge gray crazy expensive/professional looking things. The issue is that the 'pros' pay a lot of $$$ to sit in a seat with one of those silly holes in the glass thus cheap a** Dolan doesn't want people taking high quality shots without paying their fee... if you have a reg camera you will be fine.
Nope, it's not one of those professional-looking cameras. It's one of those preview screen, small zoom kinds of digital cameras that I needed to replace the old one I had (the old one I had practically sucked). I just need to remind myself that every time I turn on the thing, I need to turn off the flash... Because I have a tendency to forget it's on and then I snap a shot without knowing that the flash is on. Next thing I know, I look like a complete fool.

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
You could sneak a bazooka past that kinda search.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote