HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cherry Bombs

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Cherry Bombs

A parents' group is upset at what it views as anti-French Canadian comments during Hockey Night In Canada broadcasts.

The British Columbia and Yukon branch of the Canadian Parents for French made the complaint in writing to the president of the CBC and to Don Cherry and Ron MacLean, who appear together on the Coach's Corner segment of HNIC on Saturday nights.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shown...ntent=s020248A

Old
02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
A parents' group is upset at what it views as anti-French Canadian comments during Hockey Night In Canada broadcasts.

The British Columbia and Yukon branch of the Canadian Parents for French made the complaint in writing to the president of the CBC and to Don Cherry and Ron MacLean, who appear together on the Coach's Corner segment of HNIC on Saturday nights.

It's just the start. Cherry doesn't deserve quality Tv time. Period.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:00 PM
tritone

Enough already

Quote:

Not a personasl attack on you but Don't you think that we've discussed the whole Don Cherry issue enough already?
Furthermore , WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE MONTREAL CANADIENS? This is a Montreal Canadiens Thread board right? Last time I verified , Don Cherry has nothing to do with the Habs aside from the affiliation with hockey in General.....Maybe you should be posting this thread elsewhere .

Old
02-02-2004, 11:04 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

Makes sense. The guy is an idiot. One minute he's strokin Guy Lafleur, the next minute he makes French jokes on TV. He's just a dummy.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:08 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Not a personasl attack on you but Don't you think that we've discussed the whole Don Cherry issue enough already?
Furthermore , WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE MONTREAL CANADIENS? This is a Montreal Canadiens Thread board right? Last time I verified , Don Cherry has nothing to do with the Habs aside from the affiliation with hockey in General.....Maybe you should be posting this thread elsewhere .
ill tell u why since u asked. because as u may of noticed, this is also a board where there's quite a few french people, and most of us take offence to it. and it's nice to see that ur not the only one either. so in corrolation, it makes sense to post about that here.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Yes, it has been discussed, at great length. There were many passionate posts about Don Cherry made by the contributors to this forum. Now this is new information; something that has taken place that I felt might interest those who feel slighted by Cherry's comments. Many of those who feel Cherry insults French Canadiens are Montreal Canadien fans. (I am English, by the way, with a French wife and French-speaking kids.)

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Yes, it has been discussed, at great length. There were many passionate posts about Don Cherry made by the contributors to this forum. Now this is new information; something that has taken place that I felt might interest those who feel slighted by Cherry's comments. Many of those who feel Cherry insults French Canadiens are Montreal Canadien fans. (I am English, by the way, with a French wife and French-speaking kids.)

yeah guys, lighten up
we have had some heated discussions on this topic here and this update is indeed interesting
as the man said, pick the posts ya like, don't read the ones ya don't

Old
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
tritone

Quote:

Fair enough. I Just don't see anything creative about these threads, just a bunch of ranting about how evil Cherry is which accomplishes nothing. I appreciate the information posted in your initial post and I think it's the right thing to do in the sense of people writing to CBC .Still not sure how it applies to the Habs exclusively. I think EVERYONE should react in an appropriate manner toward racist or derogatory comments made by any public figure e.g Don Cherry... But your point has been made. Enjoy your thread

Closed Thread