HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS look-back at 1993 (Sat. March 9 @ 2:00pm)

Old
03-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
No joke, im ready to blow my freakin brains out a couple of days after the habs win their next cup, i mean when u think about it, were all going to die no matter what, i got no wife and no kids (yet), but when my boys hoist the cup before any of that ****, im down to just end it all on a high note, then go through the next worst 40 + possible years of my life,i just dont care

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:19 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Was Michael Jackson white or black in 93?

I can't help but get a kick out of the Melrose Mullet though!!

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:30 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Since i was born, the Habs won 16 Cups. (I'm 51 soon...) But NEVER did a Cup win make me want to....cry!

Thats called emotions.. Im not the kind of person to cry easily, in fact, I dont remember the last time it happened, but when I see someone like Bute or Alcine winning a championship, when I see the Habs winning a serie in playoffs where you can feel the intensity and the magic of the moment, I dont know why, but Im shaked..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Thats called emotions.. Im not the kind of person to cry easily, in fact, I dont remember the last time it happened, but when I see someone like Bute or Alcine winning a championship, when I see the Habs winning a serie in playoffs where you can feel the intensity and the magic of the moment, I dont know why, but Im shaked..
That i can understand. When i grew up, i was used to hearing "Les Canadiens gagnent la Coupe/The Canadiens win the Cup" so often that it became a kind of habit for me.

In fact, we (my pals and I) were quite pissed when we didnt win it all sometimes only because we were spoiled and had a habit of winning it all, a majority of the time.

Different times, huh?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:45 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
That i can understand. When i grew up, i was used to hearing "Les Canadiens gagnent la Coupe/The Canadiens win the Cup" so often that it became a kind of habit for me.

In fact, we (my pals and I) were quite pissed when we didnt win it all sometimes only because we were spoiled and had a habit of winning it all, a majority of the time.

Different times, huh?
Its like when you are a couple of weeks without your girlfriend, it appears to be an eternity, when you come back and take her in your arms (and further), you just appreaciate the moment even more..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:47 AM
TheTriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
The 1993 Leafs led by Dougie Gilmour and Wendel Clark should've been in the Finals and would've beaten relatively easily the Habs that year.Best Leaf team ever.
Are you nutts....the Leafs should have lost against the Wings in rnd-1, then they struggled to beat the Blues(4th seed) and Joseph in rnd-2, both series went to Game 7. The Leafs were average at best that year, just look at their defensive corpse: Todd Gill, Dave Ellett, Dmitri Mironov, Bob Rouse, Sylvain Lefebvre, Bill Berg.......

Easy sweep for the Habs, a well rested team with Patrick Roy at his best.

As a matter of fact, Pittsburg was the best team that year by a mile......but Barrasso choked against the Isles.

TheTriad is offline   Reply With Quote