Notices

Dallas Deal with Bruins??

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Bruin_Ron

vCash: 500
Dallas Deal with Bruins??

Rumours about a possible Arnott for Rolston trade have been around for a while now. This is my first visit to the Dallas forum and i want to get your perspective. Variations of the Arnott for Rolston deal have included Matvichuk coming to Boston.

1. Do Stars fans like this deal?
2. Why or why not?
3. Who else would be available for the right price? Murray, Rolston (both would be great playoff editions, considering Murray's found his sniper touch and Rolston a great all-around and specialty teams player), and many others are available. I can't foresee Boston trading Thornton, Samsonov, Bergeron, Boynton, nor Raycroft. Gill, McGillis, Jillson are defenceman are also guys who would be available for the right price. We have some great prospects too. Let's see what's up for grabs and what kind of deals we can make...

Old
02-02-2004, 09:57 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
Rumours about a possible Arnott for Rolston trade have been around for a while now. This is my first visit to the Dallas forum and i want to get your perspective. Variations of the Arnott for Rolston deal have included Matvichuk coming to Boston.

1. Do Stars fans like this deal?
2. Why or why not?
3. Who else would be available for the right price? Murray, Rolston (both would be great playoff editions, considering Murray's found his sniper touch and Rolston a great all-around and specialty teams player), and many others are available. I can't foresee Boston trading Thornton, Samsonov, Bergeron, Boynton, nor Raycroft. Gill, McGillis, Jillson are defenceman are also guys who would be available for the right price. We have some great prospects too. Let's see what's up for grabs and what kind of deals we can make...
To be honest, I'm really not interested in anything from the Bruins at this point. I have never been a huge Arnott fan because he plays too soft for someone of his size, but Arnott is on the best line we have going for us at the moment and it would be a huge mistake to break that up. Not too mention he is probably one of our players who is giving us the biggest bang for our buck, especially when compared to Turgeon, Young, and to a lesser extent Guerin.

Old
02-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Starsdude

Arnott is a player who seems like he can do more than he does. That said he has filled the second line center role well . Rolston is a FA to be so I really would think this thing would never happen. The stars would have interest in Samsonov from a boston perspective that is also unlikely.Stars are buyers not sellers and they will buy what picks prospects and guys like Erskine and Kapanen will get them. Likely an older left handed d-man and a renta winger like Sanderson

Last edited by Starsdude: 02-02-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old
02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Wyvern

I'd have to say no. I'd rather have Arnott than Rolston. Dallas needs a left handed D-man for the Power Play or a Big forward, preferably left wing.

Old
02-16-2004, 03:29 PM
DallasStars2003

Send a message via AIM to DallasStars2003
Brian Rolston doesn't have as much size or grit as Jason Arnott, but Rolston has a good scoring touch and is great for special teams. Still, the deal would heavily favor the Bruins if Richard Matvichuk were thrown into the deal. If you take Matvichuk out and leave it straight up Arnott for Rolston I'd do it.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStars2003
Brian Rolston doesn't have as much size or grit as Jason Arnott, but Rolston has a good scoring touch and is great for special teams. Still, the deal would heavily favor the Bruins if Richard Matvichuk were thrown into the deal. If you take Matvichuk out and leave it straight up Arnott for Rolston I'd do it.
Um, id rather have the size and grit actually. After Arnott, size is something we pretty much don't have. Arnott is doing well offensively at the moment, Rolston is no upgrade whatsoever

Old
02-21-2004, 01:49 PM
DallasStars2003

Send a message via AIM to DallasStars2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis
Um, id rather have the size and grit actually. After Arnott, size is something we pretty much don't have. Arnott is doing well offensively at the moment, Rolston is no upgrade whatsoever
Actually I was thinking in the way of the Bruins. If I were the Bruins I'd make the deal in a second. I agree with you, however, I don't think Dallas should do it. Even though we need SOMEBODY to score more goals (despite a 5-1 win last night), I'd rather have Arnott for the playoffs.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:43 PM
lace-em'-up

what is our no trade list:
Arnott
Ott
Morrow
Lehts
Damiao

Old
02-21-2004, 03:38 PM