HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our reputation around these boards

Old
03-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Well at least in my eyes, no. Like I said earlier, Habs fans are some of the smartest fans in the game. It's just how the numbers work. Bigger fan base= bigger idiots. Every team has the resident idiots. It's important to look at the ones who know what they are talking about when judging a fan base, and not the idiots.
Couldn't have said it better myself hlundqvist30. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone make a judgement on a large group of people. Based on the actions of a few.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Pedro McGuire*

vCash: 500
I dont know how good or bad we are but next season things have to change cause this website has been a real joke, a circus one could say when it came time for trade deadline. Seriously I have lost all respect for this site when all the stupid "Proposals" started comming out. Everyone and there uncle has some STUPID proposal that makes absolutely no sense. if i was a fan of any other team and somehow stumbled upon this board I would think habs fans are RETARTDED. cause some of them ARE and some how have just enough mental aptitude to log onto a computer and use explorer.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
hlundqvist30, you've gained tons of respect from me in this thread. Could not have said it better myself. honestly,

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Bah....there's never been any grey zones with us...either you love us or hate us
Heyyy... Chezzie, here we go with the older avatar! Its actually nice to see!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
If by butt**** Arizona you mean New York, then yes, you're correct. What does "championship caliber" have to do with anything? Leafs fans are great! They haven't won **** since '67. You want to talk about people rioting? Apparently you haven't been to South America or Europe. Andres Escobar, who played for the Columbian National Team, was shot 12 times when he returned to Columbia after scoring an own goal in the World Cup. Fc Barcelona has won 60 total championships.

Seriously dude. It's just hockey. You're not even the one playing. The fact that you have to get all ethnocentric over it is pathetic.
I understand, and respect everything you said about everyone and everysport

But, "this is just hockey" offends me greatly, this is not just hockey, this is one of the greatest sports on the planet, and we happen to be the most treasured franchises on the history (in the history of the sport), REGARDING the sport, theres nothing that you can say that can ever take away what the greatest players of the greatest montreal canadien teams have ever done, and ur just gonna have to live with that, you havent won a cup since 1994, and we havent won one since 1993, but uh, before 94, u aint won one since 53, you got any idea how many weve won since 1953......

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-09-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:57 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

But, "this is just hockey" offends me greatly, this is not just hockey, this is one of the greatest sports on the planet, and we happen to be the most treasured franchises on the history (in the history of the sport), REGARDING the sport, theres nothing that you can say that can ever take away what the greatest players of the greatest montreal canadien teams have ever done, and ur just gonna have to live with that, you havent won a cup since 1994, and we havent won one since 1993, but uh, before 94, u aint won one since 53, you got any idea how many weve won since 1953......
What are you even blabbering about? Since when was this about cups? You should stop talking before you embarrass yourself further. It's funny how he was talking about idiot fans and you totally come in here and start flaming him for no reason. Guess what, he was talking about you!
As far as I'm concerned, a lot of the time the whole garbage threads are actually instigated by Habs fans being arrogant and defensive. I think everyone on these boards should just take a step back and stop being so bias. I find if I post in a central manner, that I get way better responses and the discussion is hieghtened because of that. It might work for you too, try it out.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 01:59 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

And once again, what is your point? You've won more. Congrats, Does that make you a better fan than I am? I get it, you guys have a great history. I'm not complaining about that. What I'm complaining about is you saying, "Everyone is just jealous of us and just doesn't want to accept what we are." You act like you're above everyone else simply because you're from Montreal. Woopie. There are millions of people in Brazil that think you're pathetic and that they are so wonderful. And there are a bunch of Americans who feel so much better than you simply because they are American and they think you feel jealous. And there are Christians who feel bad for Jews because they feel so much better. Etc. Etc. Etc. Just think of how you would feel is a person from "butt**** Arizona" ranted on about how Canada is just America Jr. and they wish they were us. You'd probably think that he is an idiot, right? Well guess what, That's what you sound like right now!

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:00 AM
m00ks

wow...I finally get it...i finally get why we're hated...i mean, i completely understand now....

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:16 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Other team's fans because are jealous because we have the re-incarnated Jesus.

Seriously, with success comes hate. Who are probably the most loved AND hated hockey teams in the world? Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maples Leafs. Why? They've had the most success (OK, not TO lately). Same goes for baseball, Yankees. Basketbell? Celtics. Football? Patriots.

You see where my trend leads to.. The teams that have had success, tend to get hated on by other teams fans. Jealousy, passion, whatever it is.. Its hate.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Other fans hate us because 75% of this board is ****ing horrible.

I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know what the **** happened to this place but it has become the bowels of the internet. It's disgusting and I find myself enjoying myself less and less here. Everyone is so damn aggressive, I get the feeling if we were talking in real life half of you would be throwing punches.

It's been getting worse and worse. I don't know what the **** is going on but the average HF Hab fan went from being above average in hockey intelligence to completely ****ing retarded.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Nobak

Quote:
You want to talk about people rioting? Apparently you haven't been to South America or Europe. Andres Escobar, who played for the Columbian National Team, was shot 12 times when he returned to Columbia after scoring an own goal in the World Cup.
Now that's the kind of passionate fan I'd want rooting for me

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
that was me

you guys were cool that night!
And me. Gotta agree that (although not large in number) the group was pretty accepting of Montreal fans who they could have assumed would get up to no good. Was a pretty decent GDT.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 03:51 AM
tigidou

Quote:
If by butt**** Arizona you mean New York, then yes, you're correct. What does "championship caliber" have to do with anything? Leafs fans are great! They haven't won **** since '67. You want to talk about people rioting? Apparently you haven't been to South America or Europe. Andres Escobar, who played for the Columbian National Team, was shot 12 times when he returned to Columbia after scoring an own goal in the World Cup. Fc Barcelona has won 60 total championships.

Seriously dude. It's just hockey. You're not even the one playing. The fact that you have to get all ethnocentric over it is pathetic.

hehe.. I agree with you! I Gotta say I feel shame when I read such posts from habs fan.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-09-2008 at 03:13 PM.
tigidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 04:26 AM
bjac

The first problem with our fanbase is... that it's HUGE. Therefore, the Canadien fanbase will have more "idiot" posters than most other fanbases because we are simply a larger group of people.

The second problem with our fanbase is... that there cocky, uniformed, dumb posters are usually outspoken, and often represent the entire fanbase as a whole (which is wrong). We are judged by a FEW outspoken posters. This is why the Canadiens fans have such a bad rep for being "whiney" and "homers"...

The thing that would help our reputation the most would be if some of the smarter posters (everyone knows who they are), would actually post on the main board. This would show that SOME (or most) of the Canadiens fans aren't crazy biased, and have some common sense...

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know what the **** happened to this place but it has become the bowels of the internet. It's disgusting and I find myself enjoying myself less and less here. Everyone is so damn aggressive, I get the feeling if we were talking in real life half of you would be throwing punches.

It's been getting worse and worse. I don't know what the **** is going on but the average HF Hab fan went from being above average in hockey intelligence to completely ****ing retarded.
Oh that's it Dave, I'm kicking your ass.

I haven't been around that long so to me it's always been the same. But I've read a lot of the other long time Hf'ers here say pretty much the same.

For me though I usually just focus on the positive. I really don't have time for all the other ****. There are a lot of good posters here that I really enjoy reading. The rest I just don't take seriously.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

I've frequented this site once in a while before signing up officially,and it somewhat perfectly reflects the current state of Internet Message boards as of today.Anyone can join and have access to any board.It also explains why you have truly ignorant members and trolls who share their stupidity and disrespect with some help of the anonymity that Internet provides.If people were required to register with their real life identity,the quality's content of message boards in general would rise in theory.Of course HF has suffered of the large influx of ignoramus,but I still think the ratio of stupid/good-great posters is pretty similar compared to the other years.Posters who have recently established on this site aren't deserving of the unfair part of the blame they receive concerning the complaints about HF's quality.

Sophisticated hockey discussions occasionally crop up,but they're fewer and farther between.It seems that the insighful and rational posters have vanished and are currently replaced by packs of non contributing ignorant posters with no knowledge and no consideration for the history of the sport and no basic knowledge of the sport itself,the fundamentals of the game itself,have probably never played and only have a cursory or distant connection throught video games,fantasy leagues and cheering on the home team when it's doing well or venting/whining/bashing the team when it's not.(See Trade Higgins/Koivu threads only after a loss)So the problem,here then is that someone maintained a large and serious ignore list,it'd probably include more than 55% of the current membership.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 03-09-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Funny that one of the only places we actually get some praises is in the Bruins board 8-)... lol.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 04:50 AM
Howatt8*

dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Wow, has it reach an all-time low? I mean, I'm not whining or anything but is it me or everywhere I go on these boards, I see insults on us or on the Habs? Everyone says they're not scared of the Habs and that we're soft and that we suck and that the fans are delusional.

Are we that bad or what?
History tells us NHL fans the Habs have won at least 1 Stanley cup in every decade since 1917-18....so Im basically fully expecting the Canadiens to win it this year or next to finish out this decade....I have my money on them coming out of the eastern Conference this season.

Howatt8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Carbo N8

I have a serious trade proposal to make:
We send 3 posters to be named later (to save them further embarrassment) and 1 of McPhee's goats to NY for lundqvist30, he should be a Habs fan, it would greatly improve the content on this board.

It should bother some that we are thought of so poorly in here, but, not most.
As others have said when you have more people in your group than the rest, you're bound to have more 'weak links'.

A lot of it has to do with passion, but, seriously some people should use the preview post option before submitting their post.

I visited the Bruins board during their 2 humiliating losses last week just to see if the reactions were similar to in here and while there were fewer rants than in here, they had their share as well.

Whether you're typing, writing or speaking from passion or anger, if you stop & think about what you're about to say & you have doubts about it, you should probably edit it.

Last edited by Carbo N8: 03-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:16 AM
kostitsyn1489

You're with us or you're against us!

I never really paid attention to other people remark. I dont think I've ever been insulted when going on prospect or NHL board. Sure there's some kind of hate toward us, but they dont attack a poster because he's a habs fan, but mostly contents of his post.

Sure i saw that our players/prospect are quite underated, but at the same time when you look at the prospect board when people try and compare 2-3 players and one is a Habs prospect. Habs fan will usually show up and say our guy is better and I'm pretty sure mst dont know about the other one or never really saw him play. It's prolly a bit the same with other teams' poster talking about out guy. Still it leads to fight and as we are more and more thread about our prospect are done well it looks like we are a bunch of homer and dont know our stuff.

It's been a while that Habs fan says we have a good future and everything, but it's really the first time it shows in the standing. So other thought we were overating our guys for so long, well they were wrong, but I think that with a good playoff runor a cup more fans would respect us for sure.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
AH

Quote:

Wow, what the hell are you babbling about? You're exactly what Waffle was referring to...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
VGTvidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Imagine how you'd react if fans from an other team started making threads in the NHL forum each time one of their player sneezes?
Their reaction is quite understandable....
Agree with you, I can't stand that when our own fans do that... or when they troll other threads. We could be the most respected fans if we would be just a little bit more classy

Last edited by VGTvidz: 03-09-2008 at 11:06 AM.
VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Better With Age*

It's the price you pay for being on top. It really burns the our rivals that they can't win a cup and here we are coming out of "nowhere" to sit back on top. It really burns that to realize we were the last Canadian team to win a cup and will be the next one also...

And fans who care to scratch below the surface realize we're not just a one year wonder either. The Habs are back on top to stay!!!

Better With Age* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:40 AM
MastaK

Habs fans

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

4/5 of the people on my ignore list are Hab fans. That pretty much sums it up there quite nicely.

Guys stop being idiots. Ok thanks.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote