HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAMES TAKES: Out of Gas - ANA: 3 MTL: 1

Old
03-09-2008, 09:54 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
If Koivu took those 3 penalties you would have crucified him. Kovalev needs to be a lot more disciplined. That stupid hooking call at the end of the 2nd was completly uncalled for and his unsportsmanlike call to ruin our pp was also dumb. Then his penalty to take us off the pp in the 3rd, although we were likely already done.
Probably.. but Koivu isn't even close to as good as Kovy and takes more than his fair share of stupid penalties. In fact, it's a chronic problem for him whereas Kovy just gets frustrated out of seeing Koivu go through the motions while he's busting his ass and face every shift.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MM425

The thread starter basically said everything.

4/8 points on this tough trip was all you could ask for.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madbox

Lucky to have gotten two wins out of this roadtrip.

vs Ducks 37 shots allowed
vs Kings 37 shots allowed
vs Coyotes 39 shots allowed
vs Sharks 39 shots allowed

This disturbs me. Immensely.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I was quite peeved how it ended because I felt we deserved a better fate, but all in all it's one to grow on. They hung with the defending Cup champs for 2 and 1/2 periods, on their 3rd game in 4 nights and without their best center.

Here's to a big win Tuesday.

Here Here!

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
HotPie

It's funny. This happens to be the BEST game we play throughout the roadtrip, without our #1 center no less...and we lost.

I'm more fristrated than anything, I feel we played solid game overall, we we just couldn't beat Giguere.

I hope to god Carbo never benches Grabovski again. ****, he's so much more useful than Smolinski. Having him in our lineup gives us THREE solid scoring lines.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
One Trick Pony

All I have to say is
STOP SHOOTING ON THE FRICKIN GOALIE!!

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
All I have to say is
STOP SHOOTING ON THE FRICKIN GOALIE!!
lol, how can you stop shooting ON Giguere when he is so big he can take up TWO nets?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bipolarhabfan

I am confident that the Habs can take both teams that they lost to in this road trip. As for tonights game, it was quite painful to watch. The Western Conference plays the most boring style of hockey. Price played very well and looks like he will be a very very good goalie. The PK was also excellent. I think our play was more of a factor of being out of gas rather than the Ducks being a vastly better team than us. And, I would like to use my Sicilian connections to alter the nature of officiating in the league.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I predicted 4-1, not bad.

Anyway,

Price AMAZING tonight.

Kovalev a MONSTER with 7 shots, Kosto 5 shots and A.Kost 4 shots.
16 shots by 3 players out of 21. 'Nuff said, tells you that some players were INVISIBLE (Koivu ?).

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
vs Ducks 37 shots allowed
vs Kings 37 shots allowed
vs Coyotes 39 shots allowed
vs Sharks 39 shots allowed

This disturbs me. Immensely.
Not me. These Western teams shoot whenever they get a clear look, with the philosophy of crashing the net -- even if the guys aren't around. Even with a ridiculously lopsided penalty rate, I didn't feel that Anaheim had all that many more high-quality scoring chances compared to Montreal.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

hey guys...I just found a pic of Giguere when he was a kid....

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BadHabit

I dunno, but if they want a chance at some secondary scoring they have to play Ryder more than 5:41!! Geeze, come on. I know there were a lot of penalties but everyone had at least 2-3 mins more icetime than him. He was just starting to look better out there, and then they play him for 5 mins? They might as well benched him. If we were tired out there, why not - I dunno, play some players that weren't tired? Give Smolinski and Kostopoulis a break? Or do you really need them on the ice with 5 mins left and down by a goal?

Way you treat your UFA who was beginning to put it back together.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
We have one line. That's it, Koivu and Higgins should get their respective C and A removed. They do not do anything.

Kudos to Grabovski, he proved everyone he's a really good talent that we shouldn't waste. Against the toughest team in the league, he didn't look out of place one bit.
can you be any more clueless?

Koivu and Higgins are part of the reason Anaheuim did not score on the tons of PP's they had. They also had some nice pressure in the offensive zone but thety NEED A DAMN FINISHER ON THEIR LINE. S.Kost is a nice young player, but he is not the right fit on that line.

As far as your "we have one line" comment, did you not see the diiagram with 7 players above 40 points? I doubt they all play LW with Plekanec and Kovy.

Grabovski had a pretty good game, but we missed Plekanec out there. I think he can be a good 2nd line NHLer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Probably.. but Koivu isn't even close to as good as Kovy and takes more than his fair share of stupid penalties. In fact, it's a chronic problem for him whereas Kovy just gets frustrated out of seeing Koivu go through the motions while he's busting his ass and face every shift.
How about last season when Kovy mailed the entire season in and cost us the playoffs? Where were you then?

Quit crying and blubbering for Kovalev its embarrassing.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM
RMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol, how can you stop shooting ON Giguere when he is so big he can take up TWO nets?
Exactly what I was going to say ..

RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Grabovski found a way to help Kovy do that

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 09:59 PM
sheed36

New Jersey and Ottawa up next.......Coming down to crunch time with really tough games coming up.Hopefully the Habs can handle it and keep getting wins but it IS going to be real tough.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Kachino

Kudos to Price, Grabovsky and the PK. Anaheim is an elite team and Price and the PK kept the Habs in the game. Grabovsky was great with A. Kost and Kovalev. A. Kost is getting pretty good scoring chances in every game now, likewise with Kovalev. Pretty unlucky goal at the beginning. Unfortunately, discipline was an issue even with the shaky officiating. Pretty hard for anybody in the NHL to go against Pronger and Niedermayer on any given day. Hope they come back stronger for the last stretch with Pleks and O'byrne back in the line-up. Also hope that Grabovsky don't get scratched for the next game.

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
How about last season when Kovy mailed the entire season in and cost us the playoffs? Where were you then?

Quit crying and blubbering for Kovalev its embarrassing.
He put Carbo in his place during the offseason and everything's been fine since then.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
It's funny. This happens to be the BEST game we play throughout the roadtrip, without our #1 center no less...and we lost.

I'm more fristrated than anything, I feel we played solid game overall, we we just couldn't beat Giguere.

I hope to god Carbo never benches Grabovski again. ****, he's so much more useful than Smolinski. Having him in our lineup gives us THREE solid scoring lines.
Smolinski is much more useful than Grabovsky on PK and taking key faceoffs, different players for different roles. Grabovsky does some things well, but he is not very good defensively and not very strong on the puck so he needs to produce to justify his lineup spot.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Grabs looked pretty good out there. Good for him. Price was great. Unfortunately, most of the team looked like they came out playing not to lose rather than to win. Getzlaf is awesome.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Not me. These Western teams shoot whenever they get a clear look, with the philosophy of crashing the net -- even if the guys aren't around. Even with a ridiculously lopsided penalty rate, I didn't feel that Anaheim had all that many more high-quality scoring chances compared to Montreal.
It wasn't just this roadtrip, but defense was almost nowhere to be found though the PK actually showed up tonight... All season we've been giving up way too many shots. Fifth most last I checked, gonna get harder to win if you keep allowing so much rubber to hit your goalie.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I predicted 4-1, not bad.
All hail TheDamned!

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
le_sean

Sorry but I'm pretty much done with Koivu. I love the guy and all but this was his game to turn it around. It was his turn to step it up when our #1 centre was out but he didn't. The guy needs a serious wake up call or he can go this summer for all I care. Hopefully he can turn it around in the playoffs or else all hope is gone for me.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2008, 10:03 PM
NHLcrazy

Happy that trip is over...2-2 was what i predicted, Sens went 1-2-1 so as long as we do better than them it,s all good.

Now back at home to beat the devils!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote