HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Theodore & Hart Trophy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2004, 09:06 PM
  #1
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Theodore & Hart Trophy

A week ago, I was watching the game between Montreal and Buffalo on Sportsnet. During the Intermission, Mike Brophee was quoted as saying that at the start of the season, a reporter from Montreal asked Theo about his family situations. José replied as quoted "My family problems are in the past, and I will win the Hart Trophy this year"

Now this is quite a quote, saying up front even before the season started, that he'll win the Hart Trophy yet once again.

Well the way he is going, I can see that happening!

Go Habs Go

Firthbird is offline  
Old
02-01-2004, 09:10 PM
  #2
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
A week ago, I was watching the game between Montreal and Buffalo on Sportsnet. During the Intermission, Mike Brophee was quoted as saying that at the start of the season, a reporter from Montreal asked Theo about his family situations. José replied as quoted "My family problems are in the past, and I will win the Hart Trophy this year"

Now this is quite a quote, saying up front even before the season started, that he'll win the Hart Trophy yet once again.

Well the way he is going, I can see that happening!

Go Habs Go
you should have waited few more games, or post it few games earlier

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
  #3
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
A week ago, I was watching the game between Montreal and Buffalo on Sportsnet. During the Intermission, Mike Brophee was quoted as saying that at the start of the season, a reporter from Montreal asked Theo about his family situations. José replied as quoted "My family problems are in the past, and I will win the Hart Trophy this year"

Now this is quite a quote, saying up front even before the season started, that he'll win the Hart Trophy yet once again.

Well the way he is going, I can see that happening!

Go Habs Go
very bold and competitive comment, it shows he is secure of his talents,
he has the most important part of the season to prove he is worthy.

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 01:05 AM
  #4
Double XX L
Registered User
 
Double XX L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Confidence is the best value a goalie can have... I like the fact that Theo is cocky and believes in himself enough to state such things... It's the cocky goaltender that has the willpower to walk through play-off rounds, and face the fire of his ways... (Patrick Roy was infamous for his cockiness) Theo IMHO is the guy who will be the next legend to lead us to the promised land... This guy is a player, through thick and thin.

Double XX L is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 01:08 AM
  #5
Bud The Spud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: the dark side
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Theo is the man I never lost faith in him.

Bud The Spud* is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 01:11 AM
  #6
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
This talk about trophies is premature. Just get the Habs into the playoffs.

Corey is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 02:16 PM
  #7
gohabsgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax/Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gohabsgo Send a message via MSN to gohabsgo Send a message via Yahoo to gohabsgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
This talk about trophies is premature. Just get the Habs into the playoffs.
Couldn't have said it better. If Montreal makes the playoffs (and it might even take them winning the first round), THEN start talking about Theo and the Hart.

gohabsgo is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 02:47 PM
  #8
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Théo never said he was going to win an award before the start of the season.
Don't you think it would have been written in big letters in every paper here?
It wasn't because José is not that dumb and won't do stupid things like that when his team is not even sure to be in the playoffs.

Haddock is online now  
Old
02-02-2004, 03:11 PM
  #9
RyanWhite53
Registered User
 
RyanWhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
That's right, he didn't.

RyanWhite53 is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 03:28 PM
  #10
JOHNNY V
Registered User
 
JOHNNY V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Confidence is the best value a goalie can have... I like the fact that Theo is cocky and believes in himself enough to state such things... It's the cocky goaltender that has the willpower to walk through play-off rounds, and face the fire of his ways... (Patrick Roy was infamous for his cockiness) Theo IMHO is the guy who will be the next legend to lead us to the promised land... This guy is a player, through thick and thin.


I'am glad you HAB FANS are so cocky. How long will it take for THEO to lead you into the promised land ? Could it be when MOSES parts the red sea again :p


Last edited by JOHNNY V: 02-02-2004 at 03:35 PM.
JOHNNY V is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
  #11
Owen Wilson
Registered User
 
Owen Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo
Couldn't have said it better. If Montreal makes the playoffs (and it might even take them winning the first round), THEN start talking about Theo and the Hart.
The playoffs have nothing to do with the Hart trophy

Owen Wilson is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 03:40 PM
  #12
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Théo never said he was going to win an award before the start of the season.
Don't you think it would have been written in big letters in every paper here?
It wasn't because José is not that dumb and won't do stupid things like that when his team is not even sure to be in the playoffs.
The reason for not posting it in papers, I dont know, but how do you know if Theo never said that? Mike Brophee was in the Dressing Room, when he heard Theo say that. Now if you want to question Brophee, who is a very smart man, when it comes to hockey, you do that, But he is about 100 times smarter, and knows more about the game, then you'll ever know, so my advice to you is dont write your stupid posts when you know nothing about the subject.

Firthbird is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 04:00 PM
  #13
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Love the aggressive behavior, keep it up!
You might think I'm stupid but it doesn't change the fact that if Théo said such a thing it would have been in the papers and talked about on sports shows on tv or radio. Do you know how hockey is covered here? Le Journal de Montréal (crap) would have probably put it on the first page!
Give me a link where Théo says he's going to win the Hart then you can call me stupid, otherwise, don't.

Haddock is online now  
Old
02-02-2004, 07:12 PM
  #14
Firthbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Love the aggressive behavior, keep it up!
You might think I'm stupid but it doesn't change the fact that if Théo said such a thing it would have been in the papers and talked about on sports shows on tv or radio. Do you know how hockey is covered here? Le Journal de Montréal (crap) would have probably put it on the first page!
Give me a link where Théo says he's going to win the Hart then you can call me stupid, otherwise, don't.
First of all, I do not think your stupid, and I believe you know your hockey as I do, but All I am saying is that I think Mike Brophee is a creditable source of Information, if he says he was there, then I would imagine he'd be there. I dont know the whole story behind it. But Mike Brophee did say that Theodore said to some reporter that he will win the Hart Trohpy. He said it during the 1st Intermission of the Montreal/Buffalo Game!

I know how hockey is covered in Montreal, but why it wasn't in the papers beats me though

Firthbird is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 10:56 PM
  #15
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Théo never said he was going to win an award before the start of the season.
Don't you think it would have been written in big letters in every paper here?
It wasn't because José is not that dumb and won't do stupid things like that when his team is not even sure to be in the playoffs.
It's not dumb to say you're going to win the Hart Trophy. I would hope that he is trying to win the Hart Trophy. He SHOULD win the Hart Trophy.

What's dumb is Alfredsson saying the Sens were going to win the Cup. Now THAT was dumb.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
02-02-2004, 11:06 PM
  #16
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
It's not dumb to say you're going to win the Hart Trophy. I would hope that he is trying to win the Hart Trophy. He SHOULD win the Hart Trophy.

What's dumb is Alfredsson saying the Sens were going to win the Cup. Now THAT was dumb.
alfie fired up his team didnt he?
or how about that guy on the cincinati bengals who predicted his team would beat the, at that point, undefeated kansas city cheifs (the bengals are commonly referred to as the "bungles" for their relative ineptitude over the last handful of seasons and although an improved team this year, still not a playoff calibre team and just a .500 or so team if my memory serves me correctly whereas KC finished 14-2 or something like that).. aftter those comments by charles johnson i think it was, the bengals went out and beat KC and were REALLY fired up as a team..

after alfie made his infamous comments, for the most part, the sens have gone out and dominated the league.. i mean since december 1st theyve lost only 6 times, tied another 5 times and won 19 times.. the sens are a legitimate stanley cup contender and if THATS how alfie chose to fire up his team, then whats wrong with that?

sandman08 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:32 PM
  #17
gohabsgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax/Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gohabsgo Send a message via MSN to gohabsgo Send a message via Yahoo to gohabsgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
The playoffs have nothing to do with the Hart trophy
'Nor did I say it did. I know the Hart is based on what happens in the regular season. What I meant was the first concern in Habsland has to be getting them into the playoffs. After they're in, THEN start the talks about who's gonna win the Hart, but the Hart right now should be the last thing on their minds.

gohabsgo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.